Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

912 carb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: 912 carb Reply with quote

Louie,
You got it right. I have a suggestion for you though. Why don't you check out [url=highwing llc]highwing llc[/url] for a "throttle link" You attach this little jewel to the back of one of your cables at the back of the bellcrank arm and you can sync your carbs without messing with the lock nuts at the carb end. It's GREAT. I can sync my carbs in about a minute. You could even sync them while you are flying if you could figure out a way to read the vacuum at each carb. The throttle link moves the cable on one of the carbs a little at a time as you turn the knob. You match the throttle opening perfectly from one carb to the other(use gauges of course) then safety wire the knob in position if you like.It is unlikely to move because of design.
Then if you really want a nice setup you attach a counter balance spring to the bellcrank (auto parts store throttle return spring...long) and no longer do you have the carb springs trying to pull your throttles wide open.You can adjust your throttle position with no pressure(ala: a normal production aircraft) by adjusting the counterbalance spring length and pressure on the bellcrank where the throttle cable attaches at the nut.(center of bellcrank) I have the other end of my spring hooked at the throttle quadrant. IF a cable were to break and one carb go wide open you just knock the long return spring off at its throttle quadrant attach point (lower instrument panel) with your hand and you are back to normal. A little confusing but I know but you will figure it out.
I just got tired of the bouncing on landing (rough grass field) sometimes causing the palm of my hand to hit the center knob of the Vernier throttle. Then the throttle would advance at the wrong time and I would end up going around because of limited runway left. The counter balance spring keeps the throttle where I put it. Just an idea.
      Dick Maddux
      Fox 4
      Milton,Fl
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: