Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naca Vents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Naca Vents Reply with quote

A few weeks back someone was asking for the factory instructions for fitting
the NACA ventilators. I looked at the time but didn't find my instructions
where I thought they should be. However, looking for something else I have
just come across them!
The lower front corner of the ventilator should be on the Fuselage
join line . The back vertical edge should be 6.25 ins/160mm in front of the
front edge of the door. Could scan complete instructions to anyone still
needing them> Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Richard Wheelwright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Naca Vents Reply with quote

Well !!!!!
Mine are no where near that !!!!
They are about 4" lower and in a perfect position for blowing air up the leg of my shorts on a hot day.

Do Not Archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Naca Vents Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]-->
So are mine, I just need to find baggier shorts for the air to make a circuit around my crotch and down the other leg. Just couldn't bring myself to mess with my pretty joint line. I still haven't put in my ultimate air vents. It's getting hot in Florida and I just need time to get around to it.
Bud
[quote] ---

garrys(at)tampabay.rr.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Naca Vents Reply with quote

Bud, put in the “Ultimate Air Vents”!!!! It’s the best thing I ever did to my Europa.

Garry Stout

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bud Yerly
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:40 PM
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Naca Vents

So are mine, I just need to find baggier shorts for the air to make a circuit around my crotch and down the other leg. Just couldn't bring myself to mess with my pretty joint line. I still haven't put in my ultimate air vents. It's getting hot in Florida and I just need time to get around to it.

Bud
[quote]
---

david steade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Naca Vents Reply with quote

David

I was the person requiring the info on the Naca vent position. I will contact you off list.

Regards

David Steade
[quote][b]

budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Naca Vents Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Gary,
I still can't believe you cut the hole with a fly catcher hole saw in the glass. That's brave. You were smart and practiced on plexi first to get the technique. Yours is the first with the vents in the windscreen I know of, as you know I put them in the fuselage just below the windscreen as epoxy/glass is easier to fix, and I'm glad they work there well.

For the group, I will use a hole saw as recommended by LP Aero and cut slowly from both sides and sand to fit. Low pressure and slow turning seems to work just fine. The hardest part will be the aluminum trim rings to doll it up. Ah details. It just takes practice and a steady hand.

After Sun n Fun is when I may pull my plane in for the work. Just no time right now.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations
[quote] ---

fklein(at)orcasonline.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Naca Vents Reply with quote

On Apr 6, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Bud Yerly wrote:
Quote:
I still can't believe you cut the hole with a fly catcher hole saw in the glass.

Bud...What, pray tell, is a "fly catcher hole saw"? It must be quite handy...
Fred

[quote][b]

budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Naca Vents Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Fred,
It is an adjustable hole saw type with a center drill and a single arm ( or more) with adjustable cutter attached. The single arm type is great for catching limbs and other loose objects and inflicting injury. It also has a nasty tendency for it to sling the work piece around unless everything is clamped well. The smaller ones with multiple blades of high quality work well. It takes patience, skill and proper prep to use one well. My first one was a cheap hardware store type and I learned you get what you pay for.

I'll stick with bimetal metal cutting hole saws. I'm chicken.

Bud
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: