Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monument Valley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Monument Valley Reply with quote

Well Karen and I are out the door early tomorrow for MV. Driving in case you are wondering. You all still have time to make it.
See you there,
Larry

Note: If you forward this email, please delete the forwarding history, which includes my email address.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

John Hauck

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Monument Valley Reply with quote

gang,

typing with one finger, left hand. extremely slow, but so am i these days.

accident happened a week ago today. surgery following day. now at rehab hosp enduring torture training until i pay my repentence and get sent home for bad behavior.

hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip to mv. keep us posted.

take lots of pics.

john hauck

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
Fran Losey

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Monument Valley Reply with quote

Get well soon Sir.
Fran Losey www.mykitlog.com/loseyf Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

--

loseyf@comcast.net
pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Monument Valley Reply with quote

accident happened a week ago.

Hi John. This is news to me. I have ben without a comp. for nearly 2 weeks and likely to be another week except for this borrowed one.
What has happened? Not serious I hope and hopefully not flying related.
Best wishes Pat

--- On Wed, 19/5/10, Fran Losey <loseyf(at)comcast.net> wrote:
[quote]
Subject: Re: Monument Valley
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, 19 May, 2010, 14:15

Get well soon Sir.
Fran Losey www.mykitlog.com/loseyf Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:09:37 -0500
To: <kolb-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: Monument Valley
gang,

typing with one finger, left = hand. extremely=20 slow, but so am i these days.

accident happened a week ago = today. surgery=20 following day. now at rehab hosp enduring torture training until i = pay my=20 repentence and get sent home for bad behavior.

hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable = trip to=20 mv. keep us posted.

take lots of pics.

john hauck

---

customersupport(at)tnkolb

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Monument Valley Reply with quote

John
We are thinking of you buddy. We hope you a speedy recovery and please take care of yourself.
Please be good to the nurses. They are trying to help you recover.
Busy here like always.

Kind Regards

Travis and Dennis
Kolb Aircraft CO.
[quote] ---

by0ung(at)brigham.net

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: monument valley Reply with quote

Good morning all

Just returned from what turned out to be the first annual kolb DRIVE in at MV. I was going to fly down 1/2 way on Wednesday and arrive at MV on Thursday. When I called for weather, I was told the trip was ifr. We might have been able to fly all the way on Thursday but the leftover wind from the storm convinced us to drive. I think that there were others thinking the same thing, as there were no kolbs on the flight line. There was a Rans and a Sonix motor glider. Even the twin otters and cesna caravans stayed away with there loads of tourist.

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CAFB1B.0E07C740[/img]

Thursday night was ok. But Friday a 20 / 30 wind starting around noon and was relentless. The forecast was for a 50 / 60 mph blow on Saturday into Sunday. So my wife and I bugged out Saturday morning and tried to find our kids at Moab, they had camped so far off the beaten path that we missed them. We were able to kike up to see one arch,

It was real good to see those who braved the weather to make it . but wasn’t the same without the planes. .

The wind kicked up the dust in the air and turned the monuments to a silhouette. And at one point there was enough dust in the air to almost obscure them.

[img]cid:image004.jpg(at)01CAFB1A.A679EBD0[/img]

Boyd Young
Mkiii

image004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.84 KB
 Viewed:  5331 Time(s)

image004.jpg

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.78 KB
 Viewed:  5331 Time(s)

image001.jpg

Arty Trost

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: monument valley Reply with quote

Thanks, Boyd -

I had been really bummed out that I couldn't make it this year; this actually makes me feel better, as I would have been stranded somewhere, outwaiting the weather, and probably wouldn't have made it anyway. I hope the high winds weren't too hard on those who were tent camping. I've slept (tried to sleep) with winds so high that my tent was flexed over on my face - not fun!
Arty

www.LessonsFromTheEdge.com/uladventure2009.htm

"Life's a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

"I refuse to tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death."

--- On Mon, 5/24/10, b young <by0ung(at)brigham.net> wrote:
Quote:

Subject: monument valley
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Monday, May 24, 2010, 7:28 AM

Good morning all

Just returned from what turned out to be the first annual kolb DRIVE in at MV.  I was going to fly down 1/2 way on Wednesday and arrive at MV on Thursday. When I called for weather,  I was told the trip was ifr. We might have been able to fly all the way on Thursday but the leftover wind from the storm convinced us to drive. I think that there were others thinking the same thing, as there were no kolbs on the flight line. There was a Rans and a Sonix motor glider. Even the twin otters and cesna caravans stayed away with there loads of tourist.

[img]cid:1.4249750712(at)web52104.mail.re2.yahoo.com[/img]

Thursday night was ok. But Friday a 20 / 30 wind starting around noon and was relentless. The forecast was for a 50 / 60 mph blow on Saturday into Sunday. So my wife and I bugged out Saturday morning and tried to find our kids at Moab , they had camped so far off the beaten path that we missed them.  We were able to kike up to see one arch,

It was real good to see those who braved the weather to make it . but wasn’t the same without the planes. .

The wind kicked up the dust in the air and turned the monuments to a silhouette. And at one point there was enough dust in the air to almost obscure them.

[img]cid:2.4249750712(at)web52104.mail.re2.yahoo.com[/img]

Boyd Young
Mkiii

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.78 KB
 Viewed:  5330 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.84 KB
 Viewed:  5330 Time(s)

image004.jpg

willuribe(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: monument valley Reply with quote

Hi Boyd,

Did see Frank Goodnight at MV? last I heard he was flying in from Albuquerque. He said he was going to call me when he got to MV but I know some don't have cell phone service there.

Regards,
Will

[quote][b]

by0ung(at)brigham.net

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: monument valley Reply with quote

Hi Boyd,

Did see Frank Goodnight at MV? last I heard he was flying in from Albuquerque. He said he was going to call me when he got to MV but I know some don't have cell phone service there.

Regards,
Will
Quote:

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Will and the gang.

Frank tailored his plane up to mike and Jan markers. And was flying to MV from there. The last I heard he damaged a wing tip, not sure if it was on takeoff or landing. He was trying to rent a car to get back and get his tow vehicle and trailer. Was going to pull it to where his plane was and trailer home. I was told that he was not hurt. At one time I was told the city names… but not being familiar with the area, it kind of went in one ear and out the other.

Boyd
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: