Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yak 55 B/C alternator installation wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn J Burwell

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Yak 55 B/C alternator installation wiring Reply with quote

I would like to know if anyone has a wiring schematic for installation of the B/C alt. in the yak 55? In addition to removing the coil and gen hi/lo rely which items can be removed from the buss bar box, as well as the use of the factory gen failure light circuit on the panel for the new alt. failure light. lastly is it best to bundle the disconnected wires together or wrap each individually to prevent future problems? please email me at Epistaxis1(at)aol.com Thanks Shawn

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Yak 55 B/C alternator installation wiring Reply with quote

Shawn, I have never re-wired a 55, but I am guessing it is the same as
the 50, 52, Sukes, etc. If it is, than it has the standard generator,
and the standard over current device, along with generator regulator,
and combined device relay (also referred to as a reverse current relay).
There are actually two models of B&C alternators.. Which one are you
putting in, the small 10 amp, or the 35 amp model?

I do not know what the generator hi/low relay is. Can you tell me what
is in the 55?

Can anyone tell me if the 55 is wired the same as most Russian designs?
If it is, then I can walk you right through this easily. Well... Maybe
not easily, but I can do it.

I need to post a schematic on this... It keeps coming up.

Mark
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Shawn J Burwell

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Yak 55 B/C alternator installation wiring Reply with quote

Hello Mark, I`m installing the 35 amp system. I believe that your reverse current relay/over current device may be the same thing as the hi/lo gen relay. gray metal box mounted on cockpit side of the firewall, has two elect. cannon plugs and a red reset button. At this point I`m working on locating a Yak 55 schematic. I do know that the 55 is wired more along the lines of the Yak 50 and not as complex as the 52. If you need any more info just ask and I`ll try to assist . Thanks Shawn

mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Yak 55 B/C alternator installation wiring Reply with quote

Just a short note Shawn. The YAK-50 and the YAK-52 generator layout and
control is almost identical. The only real difference is that the
YAK-52 has an external bias potentiometer that is located in the cockpit
that allows the pilot to "tweak" the generator output voltage. The
YAK-50 does not have this feature, although it could be added if desired
as all the parts are on the Voltage Regulator to allow it.

So far, it appears that the 55 is a little different. I'll write back
to you on this directly

Mark

--

mikspin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Yak 55 B/C alternator installation wiring Reply with quote

Shawn,

I've done the B+C conversion on my 55M utilizing a great deal of the existing setup (original gen warning light, etc.) The system is similar to but not the same as the -52 or -50 systems (it uses the DMR-200 and other components common to many Yaks).

I have the diagrams that another -55 owner was gracious enough to send me copies of. I've made some notes on them that might help you to better understand where to start.

Contact me off list for more info.

Mike Hastings
acromike(at)gmail.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: