Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMS for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harley(at)AgelessWings.co

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: EMS for sale Reply with quote

I have my EMS, a like new I_K Technologies AIM 1, for sale.

I won't need the I-K, as the D-180 I bought does everything this does, and also includes an EFIS which this I-K unit only partially does (airspeed and altitude).

So...the details:
This is what the display looks like when fired up: www.i-ktechnologies.com/Products-aim1.htm
and that I-K Technologies web site includes more information on it.

Here is what the unit displays:
  • Airspeed
  • RPM
  • MP
  • Oil Press
  • Oil Temp
  • Fuel Flow
  • Fuel Pressure
  • EGT (x4)
  • CHT (x4)
  • Altitude
  • Checklist
I will include all the paperwork that came with it and the instrument mounting tray. If you want pictures of the unit as I have it, including the data module, let me know and I can email them to you.

It is brand new. I have never installed it or even powered up. It consists of two parts, the engine data module (which mounts on or near the firewall) and the display module that mounts on the panel. The entire system weighs less than 2 pounds. The only wiring to the display from the data module is a single data cable, so the majority of the sensor and probe wiring remains short, and near the engine.

Ralph Krongold, the owner of I-K Technologies, told me this morning that he'd be glad to check it over for anyone who buys it from me, but expects that there will be no problems with it and that a checkup will most likely be unnecessary.

Just as when it is purchased from I-K, the unit does not include the probes, sensors and wires. They are normally purchased separately, or it can use the ones that you currently have installed on your engine. If you don't have them, you can buy them from I-K, Stein (who has a complete kit of the ones needed for the AIM 1 www.steinair.com/enginemonitors.htm ), Aircraft Spruce, or your favorite aircraft supply stores.

Having said that, this unit was for the four cylinder, Lycoming O-235 that I am installing. It can be used on any 4 cylinder, air cooled engine, and, as I mentioned, the dealers who handle it (like Stein and Aircraft Spruce) offer the probes separately if you don't already have your own. It uses standard j and k thermocouples, flow and pressure sensors.

The current price of this unit is $1499 (without the probes and sensors). You can have it for $1200. I will include everything that I received with the display and data module unit including the data cable, the sensor cable, the manual, the test data and the power plug and pins.

It was for my Long EZ, so the data cable should be long enough for just about any aircraft (except an A380, maybe <G>)

United States shipping will be for free.

Please contact me if interested...

Harley Dixon
harley(at)agelesswings.com (harley(at)agelesswings.com)
Long EZ N28EZ
Canandaigua, NY

[quote][b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: