Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Lightning Newsletter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N1BZRich(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

As a heads up to everyone, I just want to let you know that the next Lightning Newsletter, the July issue, might be a day or so late. During the three years I have been writing it, I have prided myself in getting it out no later than the first day of each month. Up to now, the only exception has been the August issues when I didn't get home from Oshkosh in time to get it out by the first day of August. By the way, that will probably happen again this year as well since OSH runs into August.

However, due to a family emergency, the upcoming July issue might be a little late. My sister, who lives near DC, came down to visit me with her new boyfriend, this past Saturday. After taking him flying late Saturday afternoon, we were sitting around my hangar at the Williamsburg Airport and taking turns riding on a kind of exercise machine called a trikke, photo below, that I have had for several years and use around the airport for fun transportation and some exercise. You propel it by doing a kind of skiing motion with your total body. Great workout.  My sister had ridden it before, but for some reason this time she "got her Center of Gravity too far aft" and fell backwards hitting on her rear end (tail) and head - resulting in a lot of pain. She is not tail wheel qualified.

After a doctor / pilot friend checked her out on the ramp in front of my hangar, we took her to the emergency room and they found a broken back bone, the T-12 (actually they call it a crush fracture of T-12), and as of 5 PM Wednesday (today), she is still in the hospital here in Williamsburg. They have fitted a back brace and are trying to come up with some pain medications that do not make her so sick. There is a chance that she will move to a hospital rehab facility near DC soon, perhaps tomorrow. That has been recommended by the local doctors and approved by her insurance. Transportation will be via ambulance. Long range outlook is apparently good with no surgery called for at this time, but the next three weeks are going to be painful.

Although I have been trying to work on the next newsletter while here with her in the hospital room (almost continuously since Saturday evening), there are lots of interruptions and it is hard to keep my mind on "target". Hopefully, I will get it out on time, but just wanted everyone to know that it might be late getting published.
Blue Skies and watch that aft CG or you may get a pain in the butt.
Buz

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
n45bm(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Best wishes for a speedy recovery of her injury, Buz.
Bernardo Melendez

--- On Wed, 6/23/10, N1BZRich(at)aol.com <N1BZRich(at)aol.com> wrote:
Quote:

Subject: Lightning-List: Next Lightning Newsletter
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 4:51 PM

As a heads up to everyone, I just want to let you know that the next Lightning Newsletter, the July issue, might be a day or so late. During the three years I have been writing it, I have prided myself in getting it out no later than the first day of each month. Up to now, the only exception has been the August issues when I didn't get home from Oshkosh in time to get it out by the first day of August. By the way, that will probably happen again this year as well since OSH runs into August.

However, due to a family emergency, the upcoming July issue might be a little late. My sister, who lives near DC, came down to visit me with her new boyfriend, this past Saturday. After taking him flying late Saturday afternoon, we were sitting around my hangar at the Williamsburg Airport and taking turns riding on a kind of exercise machine called a trikke, photo below, that I have had for several years and use around the airport for fun transportation and some exercise. You propel it by doing a kind of skiing motion with your total body. Great workout. My sister had ridden it before, but for some reason this time she "got her Center of Gravity too far aft" and fell backwards hitting on her rear end (tail) and head - resulting in a lot of pain. She is not tail wheel qualified. [img]cid:1.289771241(at)web82703.mail.mud.yahoo.com[/img]

After a doctor / pilot friend checked her out on the ramp in front of my hangar, we took her to the emergency room and they found a broken back bone, the T-12 (actually they call it a crush fracture of T-12), and as of 5 PM Wednesday (today), she is still in the hospital here in Williamsburg. They have fitted a back brace and are trying to come up with some pain medications that do not make her so sick. There is a chance that she will move to a hospital rehab facility near DC soon, perhaps tomorrow. That has been recommended by the local doctors and approved by her insurance. Transportation will be via ambulance. Long range outlook is apparently good with no surgery called for at this time, but the next three weeks are going to be painful.

Although I have been trying to work on the next newsletter while here with her in the hospital room (almost continuously since Saturday evening), there are lots of interruptions and it is hard to keep my mind on "target". Hopefully, I will get it out on time, but just wanted everyone to know that it might be late getting published.
Buz

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Rick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Buz,
Your newsletters are GREATLY appreciated!
I do not think anyone is going to whine that a newsletter is late-most of us are grateful that you put it out in the first place....
I just want to say "THANKS" for all the(volunteer) work you put into the newsletter.
Family ALWAYS comes first, ALL the time.
Don't even concern yourself, we will live.....

Hope  your sister recuperates quickly, and that the pain is minimal!
Best,
Rick
N727RB

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:51:08 -0400
Subject: Next Lightning Newsletter

As a heads up to everyone, I just want to let you know that the next Lightning Newsletter, the July issue, might be a day or so late.  During the three years I have been writing it, I have prided myself in getting it out no later than the first day of each month.  Up to now, the only exception has been the August issues when I didn't get home from Oshkosh in time to get it out by the first day of August.  By the way, that will probably happen again this year as well since OSH runs into August. 

However, due to a family emergency, the upcoming July issue might be a little late.  My sister, who lives near DC, came down to visit me with her new boyfriend, this past Saturday.  After taking him flying late Saturday afternoon, we were sitting around my hangar at the Williamsburg Airport and taking turns riding on a kind of exercise machine called a trikke, photo below, that I have had for several years and use around the airport for fun transportation and some exercise.  You propel it by doing a kind of skiing motion with your total body.  Great workout.   My sister had ridden it before, but for some reason this time she "got her Center of Gravity too far aft" and fell backwards hitting on her rear end (tail) and head - resulting in a lot of pain. She is not tail wheel qualified.    [img]cid:X.MA1.1277329867(at)aol.com[/img]

After a doctor / pilot friend checked her out on the ramp in front of my hangar, we took her to the emergency room and they found a broken back bone, the T-12 (actually they call it a crush fracture of T-12), and as of 5 PM Wednesday (today), she is still in the hospital here in Williamsburg.  They have fitted a back brace and are trying to come up with some pain medications that do not make her so sick.  There is a chance that she will move to a hospital rehab facility near DC soon, perhaps tomorrow.  That has been recommended by the local doctors and approved by her insurance.  Transportation will be via ambulance.  Long range outlook is apparently good with no surgery called for at this time, but the next three weeks are going to be painful. 

Although I have been trying to work on the next newsletter while here with her in the hospital room (almost continuously since Saturday evening), there are lots of interruptions and it is hard to keep my mind on "target".  Hopefully, I will get it out on time, but just wanted everyone to know that it might be late getting published. 
Buz

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.

EAFerguson(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Buz,

Sorry to hear about your sister's injury. We'll be patient (no pun intended) and wait for the next newsletter.

Earl
[quote][b]

James.Johannes(at)oarcorp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Buz:
All our best wishes for your sister’s recovery. Take all the time you need to see to your sister’s needs and well being. Family trumps ALL.
Jim. (N563J)

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of N1BZRich(at)aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:51 PM

However, due to a family emergency, the upcoming July issue might be a little late. My sister, who lives near DC, came down to visit me with her new boyfriend, this past Saturday. After taking him flying late Saturday afternoon, we were sitting around my hangar at the Williamsburg Airport and taking turns riding on a kind of exercise machine called a trikke, photo below, that I have had for several years and use around the airport for fun transportation and some exercise. You propel it by doing a kind of skiing motion with your total body. Great workout. My sister had ridden it before, but for some reason this time she "got her Center of Gravity too far aft" and fell backwards hitting on her rear end (tail) and head - resulting in a lot of pain. She is not tail wheel qualified.
[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB1300.3CC03BB0[/img]

Buz

Wayne(at)lpwa.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Hi Buz
Best wishes for a speedy pain reduction and recovery ………………….

Wayne Patterson
(Kit 65)
TRANSFORM CAMBODIA
PO Box 398 South Perth 6951 AUSTRALIA
08 94743340

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of N1BZRich(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, 24 June 2010 5:51 AM

However, due to a family emergency, the upcoming July issue might be a little late. My sister, who lives near DC, came down to visit me with her new boyfriend, this past Saturday. After taking him flying late Saturday afternoon, we were sitting around my hangar at the Williamsburg Airport and taking turns riding on a kind of exercise machine called a trikke, photo below, that I have had for several years and use around the airport for fun transportation and some exercise. You propel it by doing a kind of skiing motion with your total body. Great workout. My sister had ridden it before, but for some reason this time she "got her Center of Gravity too far aft" and fell backwards hitting on her rear end (tail) and head - resulting in a lot of pain. She is not tail wheel qualified.
[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB136E.F677FCA0[/img]

Buz

simon(at)sertech.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Hi Buz,

We all appreciate the time that you VOLUNTARILY put into this newsletter. Your family must come first.

I wish your sister a speedy recovery.

Regards
Simon Wilson
Hamilton, Victoria
Australia

Sent: Thursday, 24 June 2010 7:51 AM

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB138D.91673E10[/img]

Buz

lbmathias(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Hi Buz,

So sorry to hear about your sister's accident; just to let you know my schedule, I will be leaving on July 4 for Kona, HI to attend the 99s International Conference and return on July 10.

I hope your sister recovers completely and in good time.

Linda
[quote] ---

craigsumner(at)comcast.ne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Ok Colonel, you have your priorities right! Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your sister, I bet that really hurt!! Personally, I think we should ground the fleet until the newsletter is back up and running… just kidding but your are a wealth of information and a tireless attention to detail writer! Thanks for all of the advice Buz!!
Craig
N155JM

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB1314.139AB210[/img]

Buz

voroninmax(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Hi Buz,
Speedy recovery wishes to your sister from us and once again, newsletters are greatly appreciated!
All the best,
Max and Olena
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2010 9:43 PM, "Craig Sumner" <craigsumner(at)comcast.net (craigsumner(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

Ok Colonel, you have your priorities right!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your sister, I bet that really hurt!!  Personally, I think we should ground the fleet until the newsletter is back up and running… just kidding but your are a wealth of information and a tireless attention to detail writer!  Thanks for all of the advice Buz!!
Craig
N155JM

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of N1BZRich(at)aol.com (N1BZRich(at)aol.com)

To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com (lightning-list(at)matronics.com)

As a heads up to everyone, I just want to let you know that the next Lightning Newsletter, the ...

[quote][b]

N1BZRich(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Thanks Max and Olena,
If you have any new photos or information for the July newsletter I need it soon - NLT tomorrow if possible. Thanks.
Blue Skies,
Buz

In a message dated 6/23/2010 11:54:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, voroninmax(at)gmail.com writes:
Quote:

Hi Buz,
Speedy recovery wishes to your sister from us and once again, newsletters are greatly appreciated!
All the best,
Max and Olena
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2010 9:43 PM, "Craig Sumner" <craigsumner(at)comcast.net (craigsumner(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

Ok Colonel, you have your priorities right! Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your sister, I bet that really hurt!! Personally, I think we should ground the fleet until the newsletter is back up and running… just kidding but your are a wealth of information and a tireless attention to detail writer! Thanks for all of the advice Buz!!
Craig
N155JM

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of N1BZRich(at)aol.com (N1BZRich(at)aol.com)

To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com (lightning-list(at)matronics.com)

As a heads up to everyone, I just want to let you know that the next Lightning Newsletter, the ...

Quote:

====================================
t href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
ms.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
tp://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Buz,
I really hope your sister is ok and gets out of pain quickly. We'll keep her in our prayers.
Bear

--

EAFerguson(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

In a message dated 6/24/2010 10:28:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, N1BZRich(at)aol.com writes:
Quote:
Thanks Max and Olena,
If you have any new photos or information for the July newsletter I need it soon - NLT tomorrow if possible. Thanks.
Blue Skies,
Buz

Buz,

Don't know if this is suitable for the newsletter.

I just replaced the ignition switch on N17EF again. I got the last one in Sept of 2008. Rough runner on the mag check but normal operation on both. Pete diagnosed the problem both times. These switches are PMA'd and should last longer. And the price has jumped, now $125 ($140 w/tax and shipping) from Spruce. I wonder if this has been a common problem?

I'll be in Shelbyville next week for some help on some maint items and a BFR. I'll never learn all the EFIS features without some help.

Earl
[quote][b]

N1BZRich(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

In a message dated 6/23/2010 9:15:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lbmathias(at)verizon.net writes:
Quote:
I will be leaving on July 4 for Kona, HI to attend the 99s International Conference and return on July 10.

Great, I guess that means you are finally the only "Commander" of the 99s. I'll try to get the draft newsletter to you by Monday. Any idea what the program is this Saturday at 1377?
Buz
[quote][b]

lbmathias(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Next Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

No, I don't know anything about the program; I will be flying up to Frederick, MD on Saturday AM and taking Connie Jones so we can run a 99s membership drive at the FDK Open House.

Yes, I was elected the governor; been spending lots of time on selecting committee chairmen and organizing changes needed to our bylaws.

Linda
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: