Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimhefner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies Reply with quote

Julie Viramontes, Front Desk/ Group Sales Manager at Goulding's Lodge sent an email to me, approving my request to use their private airstrip and in the email she attached a document of their ultralight policies and asked if others in our group had seen it. I told her I would post it here for all to see. I know AZDave authored something similar, but I wanted everyone that will be attending this year's gathering with an airplane to see the document authored by Gouldings. As you will see, the Indians are still wanting their $5 / day, but are not being forceful about it. Hopefully noone will be forced to land out there on their land and get to find out what happens if we don't pay for admission...

Sounds like the Lodge and Campground is booked up solid from 5/18 - 5/20. Hopefully there will be plenty of places to put tenters, but RV's slots with hookup's and rooms at the Lodge are all booked. I got my normal spot just beyond the playground, since I don't need hookups.

The Airstream group is there again this year while we are there. Perhaps we should consider moving our gathering one week in either direction next year to avoid the extra congestion of the Airstream group that is dialed in on the same timeframe we are.

Looking forward to seeing lots of Kolbs in MV soon!

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Ultrlightpolicies.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ultrlightpolicies.doc
 Filesize:  26 KB
 Downloaded:  499 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies Reply with quote

As you will see, the Indians are still wanting their $5 / day, but
are not being forceful about it.
| --------
| Jim Hefner
Thanks for the info Jim.

Reading the rules, looks like Goulding's is saying the Navajos want
$5.00 for us to fly the Valley, however, there is no info on who,
what, when, or where, we should make our payment. I will do as I did
last year. Fly my experimental, enjoy the park. If I am confronted
by a representative of the Park, I will be glad to pay my $5.00 fee.
To me, it is worth much more than that to have the privilege to fly
such a magnificent area. Right now, I don't have any idea of who or
where to pay, and I am not going looking.

john h
mkIII

DO NOT ARCHIVE

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
jimhefner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies Reply with quote

John, I agree the Navajo's didn't give any specifics, but there is only one place to pay where you enter the MV tribal park, so it's not hard to figure out where to go to pay, just like if you were driving a car in there. That's probably why there are no specifics. The other reason is their wishes are being relayed to us 2nd hand via Gouldings Lodge, so I'm sure some details get lost in the process.... I plan to stop by the park entrance and talk to them. If they will assure me that I can get my plane out with no strings attached if I am forced to land, having paid my $5, I'll gladly pay up... cheap insurance and as you said, it's worth a lot more to me than that to be able to fly in such a beautiful place year after year.

Look forward to seeing you in MV soon!

DO NOT ARCHIVE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John Williamson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies Reply with quote

Jim and All,

You will be doing a disservice to everyone by driving to the MV Tribal Park Entrance and talking about "Flying Rights" over their land.

We had this same discussion last year. They can charge to drive on their land but can't charge to fly over it at FAA minimum safe altitudes.

If you tell them that you are paying the $5 for the opportunity to retrieve your downed ultralight, if the occasion should occur, that is different.

I will do as I did last year, fly, enjoy and have fun. If the need arises, I will approach them as any other landowner in this country to retrieve my property. If the Tribe were to come to the airport and collect the fee, I would gladly pay it and safely buzz the heck out of the place.

Only 26 mor days to wait.

Kolbra, 912ULS, 1640 hours
http://home.tx.rr.com/kolbrapilot
jimhefner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies Reply with quote

John, you are exactly on the right point. I will talk only about the right to retrieve my downed plane if I pay the fee. No discussion about rights to fly over their land at FAA altitudes. If they won't grant me that assurance, I won't pay their fee.

See you there!
Jim

Steven Green

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies Reply with quote

As you will see, the Indians are still wanting their $5 / day, but are not
being forceful about it. Hopefully noone will be forced to land out there
on their land and get to find out what happens if we don't pay for
admission...
I own a (very) small portion of the state of Tennessee. So I am offering a
deal to anyone who flys over this great state. For only $20 you get a
lifetime membership to execute an emergency landing on my property. I will
help you secure your aircraft, fold the wings, store it in the dry, and
maybe even haul it home for you if need be. Meals and a place to stay
overnight are also included if desired. Contact me off list for membership
registration.

Steven :<)

do not archive

John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Gouldings Lodge ultralight policies Reply with quote

| Contact me off list for membership
| registration.
|
| Steven :<)
That's an offer that is hard to refuse. Best deal I have seen lately.

Do we get a refund of our $20.00 if we don't have an engine failure
and land on your part of Tennessee, after a reasonable period of time?
Like when we retire from flying?

john h
mkIII

DO NOT ARCHIVE

Titus, Alabama
steve0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: los-angeles-times Reply with quote

Логично
Какие слова... супер, блестящая идея

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: