Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MKIII for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Pike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: MKIII for sale Reply with quote

A friend of mine - Carl Hoffman - is putting his MKIII up for sale because he is in his 90's, has had some joint replacements, and is no longer able to get in and out of it without help.

Here are the pictures on Barnstormers -
http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=451075

It has 110 hours, the finish is fantastic, a lot of the work was done by Kolb. It has a 582 and a 3 to 1 C box with a 3 blade Warp Drive, and it is possibly the quietest Kolb I have ever heard. Electric start, hydraulic heel brakes.

It is built exactly to plans, no extra bells and whistles, I have flown it and it flies exactly the way a light MKIII with no extra stuff ought to, no "All it needs is..." stuff. With that being said, the tach doesn't work right, it reads too high. I suggested a TinyTach, I think he will just let the buyer fix it.

He wants $14,900, and there is a new trailer available, $5,000 for it. The airplane comes with covers for all surfaces.

Here are some pictures I took of it last summer when some friends & I got it out of the trailer & put it together for him. Not much detail, but you can see how good the finish is.

Phone number is 423-863-4466, ask for Ed Athey, Ed is selling it for him.

Richard Pike
MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

100_0273 (Large).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.9 KB
 Viewed:  1306 Time(s)

100_0273 (Large).JPG

100_0272 (Large).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.53 KB

100_0272 (Large).JPG

100_0269 (Large).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  163.8 KB

100_0269 (Large).JPG

100_0268 (Large).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.4 KB

100_0268 (Large).JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: