Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Koger Sun Shades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chasb(at)satx.rr.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

Anybody have the Koger Sun Shades for a slider RV? Any installation
problems? Any interference with open or closing the slider? Are they
worth the price - $160 each from Van's?

My wife is insisting on getting a pair, but the price seems pretty
steep.

Charlie Brame
RV-6A N11CB
San Antonio

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
chris_hand(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

Charlie - I put a Koger shade in my -6A a couple months ago after flying since October 2008 without one, and yes the price seems a bit high but I'm glad I have it. It works great, is convenient / easy to adjust as needed, and is easy to install. No regrets, and I consider it money well spent.

Mine is a tip up, not a slider, so can't speak to those questions but have a friend with a -6 slider that has one installed and he's just as happy with it.

Chris

On Aug 1, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Charles Brame <chasb(at)satx.rr.com> wrote:

Quote:

Anybody have the Koger Sun Shades for a slider RV? Any installation problems? Any interference with open or closing the slider? Are they worth the price - $160 each from Van's?

My wife is insisting on getting a pair, but the price seems pretty steep.

Charlie Brame
RV-6A N11CB
San Antonio

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

denis.walsh(at)comcast.ne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

Most of the folks I know have them.

Mine has given good service for 13 years flying 2500 hours. Well worth the money.

FOOTNOTE.

Stopped in boone Iowa for a refueling coming home from osh two days ago. A gentleman inspected my sun shade very carefully, since he recognized it as an early model.

It was Ralph Koger. He didn't get to osh this year as he is stlll recovering from a stroke.

He is doing well and his business is thriving. The light sport industry has discovered his shade. He just got an order for 50 from Czech republic.

My opinion.

from the iPhone of
D. Walsh
On Aug 1, 2010, at 13:38, Charles Brame <chasb(at)satx.rr.com> wrote:

Quote:

Anybody have the Koger Sun Shades for a slider RV? Any installation problems? Any interference with open or closing the slider? Are they worth the price - $160 each from Van's?

My wife is insisting on getting a pair, but the price seems pretty steep.

Charlie Brame
RV-6A N11CB
San Antonio

chris_hand(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

One clarification Charlie - your email sounds like you think you'd have to buy two, one for each side, but it's just one assembly for $160 that covers both sides. Shade rides on a rail at canopy centerline and extends to both sides covering pilot and passenger.

Chris

On Aug 1, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Chris Hand <chris_hand(at)comcast.net> wrote:

Quote:

Charlie - I put a Koger shade in my -6A a couple months ago after flying since October 2008 without one, and yes the price seems a bit high but I'm glad I have it. It works great, is convenient / easy to adjust as needed, and is easy to install. No regrets, and I consider it money well spent.

Mine is a tip up, not a slider, so can't speak to those questions but have a friend with a -6 slider that has one installed and he's just as happy with it.

Chris

On Aug 1, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Charles Brame <chasb(at)satx.rr.com> wrote:

>
>
> Anybody have the Koger Sun Shades for a slider RV? Any installation problems? Any interference with open or closing the slider? Are they worth the price - $160 each from Van's?
>
> My wife is insisting on getting a pair, but the price seems pretty steep.
>
> Charlie Brame
> RV-6A N11CB
> San Antonio
>
>
>
>

lifeofreiley2003(at)yahoo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

I've got a slider... best investment yet was the Koger shade. Easy install, bend the hanger arms to match the canopy. Simple to use, and what a temp difference!

-d-

--- On Sun, 8/1/10, Chris Hand <chris_hand(at)comcast.net> wrote:

Quote:
Subject: Re: Koger Sun Shades
To: "rv-list(at)matronics.com" <rv-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Sunday, August 1, 2010, 4:29 PM

Chris Hand <chris_hand(at)comcast.net>

One clarification Charlie - your email sounds like you
think you'd have to buy two, one for each side, but it's
just one assembly for $160 that covers both sides. Shade
rides on a rail at canopy centerline and extends to both
sides covering pilot and passenger.

Chris

On Aug 1, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Chris Hand <chris_hand(at)comcast.net>
wrote:

>
>
> Charlie - I put a Koger shade in my -6A a couple
months ago after flying since October 2008 without one, and
yes the price seems a bit high but I'm glad I have it. It
works great, is convenient / easy to adjust as needed, and
is easy to install. No regrets, and I consider it money well
spent.
>
> Mine is a tip up, not a slider, so can't speak to
those questions but have a friend with a -6 slider that has
one installed and he's just as happy with it.
>
> Chris
>
> On Aug 1, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Charles Brame <chasb(at)satx.rr.com>
wrote:
>
>>
<chasb(at)satx.rr.com>
>>
>> Anybody have the Koger Sun Shades for a slider
RV?  Any installation problems? Any interference with
open or closing the slider? Are they worth the price - $160
each from Van's?
>>
>> My wife is insisting on getting a pair, but the
price seems pretty steep.
>>
>> Charlie Brame
>> RV-6A  N11CB
>> San Antonio
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>

Forum -
FAQ,
   - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
List Contribution Web Site -
              -Matt
Dralle, List Admin.

HCRV6(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

I put one in my -6 slider several years ago at my wife's insistence and it works just fine with no interference problems at all. Worth the price for your passenger's comfort. I say that because I never use it when solo, I prefer the unrestricted view, but that's just me. BTW, the shade is one piece, you don't need a pair.

Harry Crosby
RV-6 N16CX, 732 hours

---

n343fd(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

WELL WORTH IT AT TWICE THE PRICE!

Mike Divan
N64GH - RV6 (flying)
http://n64gh.blogspot.com/
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE - THANK THE AMERICAN SOLDIER FOR YOURS!
Remember it is the Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine and Coast Guard that
guarantee your freedom NOT the "community organizer"!

---

Gary.A.Sobek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

It is over priced.  I have used "static cling" green plastic from Pep Boys that cost $12 for over 10-years.  One thing nicer about the "static cling" tint material is that I can see through it when doing ACM.

Gary A. Sobek
"My Sanity" RV-6 N157GS O-320 Hartzell,
2,400+ Flying Hours So. CA, USA

[quote] ---

gene.lee(at)gte.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

I have a tip-up -7a and have thought about putting one in, but I've wondered if even with the canopy pushed back doesn't the bar
ruin the once-wide-open view?

Gene

--

Vanremog(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Koger Sun Shades Reply with quote

IMO cough up the bucks. Keep her happy and do yourself a favor.

-GV

In a message dated 8/1/2010 12:40:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, chasb(at)satx.rr.com writes:
Quote:
Anybody have the Koger Sun Shades for a slider RV? Any installation
problems? Any interference with open or closing the slider? Are they
worth the price - $160 each from Van's?

My wife is insisting on getting a pair, but the price seems pretty
steep.

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: