Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie needs electric help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuffit(at)dishmail.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Newbie needs electric help Reply with quote

I have an Infinity Commander Powered Parachute with a Rotax 582 engine and a Grand Rapids EIS Model 2000G. I have NO experience with this type of electrical system (I know some house wiring). My question is I would like to add a 12v (cigarette) type receptacle to power my GPS, Radio, Comtronics Dual Com etc. Michael Huffman recommended your book- Version 12? Would this be basic enough to take me through the steps? THANKS in Advance
[quote][b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Newbie needs electric help Reply with quote

At 10:39 PM 8/8/2010, you wrote:
Quote:
I have an Infinity Commander Powered Parachute with a Rotax 582 engine and a Grand Rapids EIS Model 2000G. I have NO experience with this type of electrical system (I know some house wiring). My question is I would like to add a 12v (cigarette) type receptacle to power my GPS, Radio, Comtronics Dual Com etc. Michael Huffman recommended your book- Version 12? Would this be basic enough to take me through the steps? THANKS in Advance

I don't think you need the book for this task . . .
If you have a cigar lighter connector in hand,
just hook it to your battery. Shell of the
connector goes to battery (-), center terminal
of the connector goes to battery (+).

Install a 3A fuse in the (+) lead right at the
battery. 20AWG wire would be fine.

Bob . . . [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

checkn6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie needs electric help Reply with quote

I agree with Bob that this is an easy task, however I strongly recommend that you invest in the book and do research on the website just to get a good understanding of the electrical system in your machine and how it all ties together. I'm certainly no expert but I can't tell you how many times I have shaken my head at those with "0" understanding of even the basics. "Gee! Why can't anyone hear me on my radio?" "Gee! my "X" fuse keeps blowing out but I keep putting in a bigger one and it will stop blowing eventually"

Ignorance is no excuse when it comes to flying so know your bird inside and out, it may just save your bacon some day. You don't have to be an electrical engineer but is sure is comforting to understand the basics at the very least. And one other important point is that by purchasing the book you also support Bob and his efforts to keep us all educated and safe. I know he gives a lot of his time freely but I like to help those that help me.

Just my two pennies

Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: