Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oshkosh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilsenrm(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Oshkosh Reply with quote

I drove to Oshkosh this year and glad I did. It was nice to see the Kolb factory trailer in the light plane area again but it just isn't the same. They don't allow camping with your plane on the south west side of the strip any more. They have moved the fence and they now allow trailer camping where we used to camp with our planes. Funny how they figured out how to get trash and toilets in there when they couldn't do that for us plane campers. Light plane camping is now only allowed near the red barn and you have to drag your plane through the crowds of people to your camping spot hundreds of feet from the runway. It works for the factory planes with a team of helpers but not for individual pilots. 

There were three Kolbs in the camping area but only the firestar flew much. No factory planes were there.

Rick Neilsen
1st Redrive VW powered MKIIIC
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Oshkosh Reply with quote

They have moved the fence and they now allow trailer camping where we used to camp with our planes. Funny how they figured out how to get trash and toilets in there when they couldn't do that for us plane campers. Light plane camping is now only allowed near the red barn and you have to drag your plane through the crowds of people to your camping spot hundreds of feet from the runway. It works for the factory planes with a team of helpers but not for individual pilots.

Rick Neilsen

Rick N/Gang:

Doesn't encourage me to fly up there anymore.

Looks like Bohagen (???) is doing what he wants to do at the expense of use fly in and camp out pilots.

john h
mkIII
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
gliderx5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Oshkosh Reply with quote

I had my MKII there Monday evening through Friday morning. I only flew Wednesday evening due to an combination of mis-communications with the volunteers, and realizing that I did not have my registration with me. They said to be prepared for a ramp check at the briefing. I decided after towing it out for 15 hours that I would at least do a couple times around the patch, but I don't need anymore dealings with the FAA.

I had really hoped to show the trailer and the Kolb together as an affordable solution to flying, trailering, hangaring, and camping, but the Kolb and trailer were about a 15 minute walk away from each other. A handful of folks did see the unloading and loading, but it was a secret for the most part.

There was a MKIII Extra at the Kolb booth that look really nice.

Malcolm Morrison
http://home.comcast.net/~mmorrison123/kolb.htm

---

neilsenrm(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Oshkosh Reply with quote

Ohoo.... Yes how could I forget that MKIIIX at the Kolb trailer at Oshkosh. I'm treble at remembering names so I will just say that it was one of the finest Kolbs I have ever seen. Well done Scott and ?. Plenty of real nice features. Should have been a winner but I'm told that you have to fly to get a prize and this one didn't have its hours flow off yet. 

Rick Neilsen
1st Redrive VW Powered MKIIIC

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM, <gliderx5(at)comcast.net (gliderx5(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
[quote] I had my MKII there Monday evening through Friday morning.  I only flew Wednesday evening due to an combination of mis-communications with the volunteers, and realizing that I did not have my registration with me.  They said to be prepared for a ramp check at the briefing.  I decided after towing it out for 15 hours that I would at least do a couple times around the patch, but I don't need anymore dealings with the FAA.

I had really hoped to show the trailer and the Kolb together as an affordable solution to flying, trailering, hangaring, and camping, but the Kolb and trailer were about a 15 minute walk away from each other.  A handful of folks did see the unloading and loading, but it was a secret for the most part. 

There was a MKIII Extra at the Kolb booth that look really nice.

Malcolm Morrison
http://home.comcast.net/~mmorrison123/kolb.htm

---

icrashrc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Oshkosh Reply with quote

Rick,

Thanks for the kind words.
You're correct. Without it's hours flown off it wasn't eligible for judging. Maybe we'll fly it there next year.

Scott

P.S. That other losers name is Paul. Smile

Oshkosh-2010-(10).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.52 KB
 Viewed:  3428 Time(s)

Oshkosh-2010-(10).jpg

www.ill-EagleAviation.com

do not archive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: