Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPOT Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henry.voris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: SPOT Working Reply with quote

22oct10

Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico

Fellow Kolbsters,

There has been some discussion on the value of using the SPOT tracking system... Although this was not a Kolb incident someone on the list may find it of use. I'll be brief...

Today was the first day of La Carrerra Panamerica (Google it... The Porche Carrera and Ferrari Mexico are named for this seven day road race.). I am on the pit crew for a 53 Lincoln. Upon reaching our noon check point we received word that our car had left the road in the mountains. Our drivers are equipped with the SPOT so we called our HQ in California, they called SPOT and a got Longitude and Latitude for the car. I pumped that data into the GPS and although it took more than an hour to drive to the point, it took us it right to them. The car was barely visible from the road and it is questionable that we would have found it without the SPOT, GPS combination.

Fortunately at the time of the crash the emergency helicopter was overhead. So by the time we reached the wreck they had cut our driver out of the car and evacuated him to the hospital in Tuxtla (unconscious with a broken leg, bruised and cut).

I have included Before and After photos...

Worth what you paid for it... and I hope your mileage will differ...

Aloha

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Panamerica.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.45 KB
 Viewed:  1984 Time(s)

Panamerica.jpg

wreck.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  318.93 KB
 Viewed:  1984 Time(s)

wreck.jpg

Do Not Archive
Roger Lee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: SPOT Working Reply with quote

The Spot 2 Tracker is used by many fliers. They can be used for hunting, hiking, quad riding, motorcycles and autos. Many of us on the other aircraft forums use this and it works great. I would highly recommend one if you fly.
Here is a sample of a Spot track from Phoenix, AZ to Mexico.
A great safety idea. You should look into it.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?&glId=0SVfqeSZBl3yVkQ7mSqU5SLTyL2kyct1m
I am a dealer and sell to pilots at a very special price. You need to call me to get the price because I can't post it. I don't make any money and do this one service as a safety item for pilots.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Roger Lee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Follow me on Spot tomorrow to Yuma, AZ Reply with quote

I'm flying to Yuma, AZ again tomorrow, Tuesday at 0830 Mountain Time or AZ. time today. You can track me as I go. I will leave at 0830 and arrive in Yuma at approximately 1030.

I come home Friday late afternoon at 1530 hrs. and will be back in Tucson at 1730 hrs. mountain time.

You can follow me by clicking on the link above where it has my Spot Tracker link.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0AvaI1rlZrsiSHpAmA4WO25eB0VkBu5Iv
The first link I must have messed up. here it is again.

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: