Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's a SS airframe worth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
13brv3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: What's a SS airframe worth? Reply with quote

Greetings,

As some of you may recall, I have a SS that I was installing a single rotor Mazda engine on. The engine is installed and running well, though the redrive had some evil resonance issues, and was removed. The whole installation came out on the high end of my weight expectations as well (240 lbs). I'm looking into a couple other redrive options, but even with the available weight reductions, I just don't think the SS is going to be the best choice for a test bed. The engine will be too heavy, and too powerful for the SS, so the current plan is to move the engine to a more suitable airframe when my RV-8 is flying later this year.

This is not exactly a "for sale" announcement, but if anyone is interested you can certainly send me an email. My primary goal is to try to figure out if it's financially worth selling the airframe. I'd like to get it out of my way, but if it's not worth anything, I'll probably just stick it in the corner of the hanger for now. I've lost enough money on this project already Smile

The airframe is complete, and was previously flying. It is not currently registered. There is no covering on it, except for the vert stab, but the covering kit is included. The fusealage is on gear, with hydraulic heel brakes, and battery in the nose. I removed some of the structure for the canopy, making is similar to a FS cage, but the original structure is still here, and can be restored to standard SS configuration with minimal welding. No engine or instruments would be included.

I also have a 1050 Canister BRS that's just over a year old. It's still sealed in the original box from BRS. That could go with the SS, or by itself.

So what could I sell this stuff for? Any estimates are certainly welcome.

Thanks,
Rusty (don't say it D.S. <g>)

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
icrashrc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a SS airframe worth? Reply with quote

A 1050 BRS just sold via this list for $1200usd. I'll pay you the same for your 1 year old canister BRS.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

www.ill-EagleAviation.com

do not archive
13brv3

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: What's a SS airframe worth? Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Since I paid 3 times that for the chute, I'm not willing to sell it anywhere near that cheap. This is good feedback though. If that's all it's worth, then I'll just keep it.

Cheers,
Rusty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: