Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents,

I'm "mad as hell"!

I hope that you will let me vent my anger on this communique.

It'll give you a heads up on what is coming down the pike.

I received my bill from Falcon this date for $1325 for my XL, a $372 increase over last year. This is an increase of 39.03%!

This policy is a "Not-in Motion" coverage. The fuselage is sitting in my hangar and the wings are in my garage, 30 miles apart from each other, while undergoing the modification.

Now, there have been no changes in coverages, no claims, no nothing.

Global is & has been the underwriter.

Talking with Kathleen Ring, Falcon's representative, she states that due to the high losses with the XLs have experienced (12 or ??) that the rates have gone up. The other two companies that Falcon represents won't insure a XL unless it has had the wing mod, whether it is in motion or not.

This just does not make sense -- my bird has not moved under it's own power for a year and won't anytime in the very near future and they still want a higher premium.

I asked Ms Ring if she would plead my case with the underwriter -- I received a negative answer.

Global still insures V-tail Bonanzas, Ercoupes, Tomahawks, etc. all the other aircraft that have and still break up in flight. You don't hear their owners complain about outrageous premiums.

Any suggestions?????

Mack, the much poorer ol unemployed farm boy from Idaho

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

Ben52425(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

I GOT THE SAME ANSWERE
I PAY 2,000 DOLLARS FOR FULL COVERAGE
      BEN

In a message dated 12/27/2010 7:29:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, aprazer(at)cableone.net writes:
Quote:
--> Zenith-List message posted by: "aprazer" <aprazer(at)cableone.net>

Ladies and Gents,

I'm "mad as hell"!

I hope that you will let me vent my anger on this communique.

It'll give you a heads up on what is coming down the pike.

I received my bill from Falcon this date for $1325 for my XL, a $372 increase over last year. This is an increase of 39.03%!

This policy is a "Not-in Motion" coverage. The fuselage is sitting in my hangar and the wings are in my garage, 30 miles apart from each other, while undergoing the modification.

Now, there have been no changes in coverages, no claims, no nothing.

Global is & has been the underwriter.

Talking with Kathleen Ring, Falcon's representative, she states that due to the high losses with the XLs have experienced (12 or ??) that the rates have gone up. The other two companies that Falcon represents won't insure a XL unless it has had the wing mod, whether it is in motion or not.

This just does not make sense -- my bird has not moved under it's own power for a year and won't anytime in the very near future and they still want a higher premium.

I asked Ms Ring if she would plead my case with the underwriter -- I received a negative answer.

Global still insures V-tail Bonanzas, Ercoupes, Tomahawks, etc. all the other aircraft that have and still break up in flight. You don't hear their owners complain about outrageous premiums.

Any suggestions?????

Mack, the much poorer ol unemployed farm boy from Idaho

--------
The poh-oh-unemployed farm boy from Idaho

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=324723#324723

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

steve.freeman(at)syntaxds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

Why insure if not flying?  That is awfully high premium.  I am not trying to be flippant but what are you insuring against?  Did you carry insurance while buildin

Thank you,

Steve Freeman

This message was sent from my mobile device. Please forgive the brevity and any typing errors.
-----Original message-----
[quote]From: aprazer <aprazer(at)cableone.net>
To:
zenith-list(at)matronics.com
Sent:
Tue, Dec 28, 2010 00:25:54 GMT+00:00
Subject:
Zenith-List: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

Insurance is the NEXT big scam coming down the road... You think Bernie Madoff was a crook ?
On my experimental I self insure. mainly because NO ONE will write a policy on my plane.
For reference... I am in good health, have not had any medical claims in a 20+ years. Last month I get a form letter from Wyoming Blue Cross/ Blue Shield........ Those S.O.B.S claim because of the "new" Obama health care act they need to raise the premiums a little to "cover" any future costs......................
It went up 50 % in one leap.
I Have a $ 10,000 deductable policy and the 'new' premium is a modest 450.00 a friggin month.
I HATE insurance companies.....................................................
Rant off.
Ben.

w.haaspowerair.com

--------

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

Don’t you mean Obama-Snare?

Steve

From: owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of n801bh(at)netzero.com
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 6:48 PM
To: zenith-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative

Insurance is the NEXT big scam coming down the road... You think Bernie Madoff was a crook ?
On my experimental I self insure. mainly because NO ONE will write a policy on my plane.
For reference... I am in good health, have not had any medical claims in a 20+ years. Last month I get a form letter from Wyoming Blue Cross/ Blue Shield........ Those S.O.B.S claim because of the "new" Obama health care act they need to raise the premiums a little to "cover" any future costs......................
I Have a $ 10,000 deductable policy and the 'new' premium is a modest 450.00 a friggin month.
I HATE insurance companies......................................................
Rant off.
Ben.

w.haaspowerair.com

--------

flyadive(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

ha! ha! ha!...So why don't you hate obama?
I told ya so!

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM, n801bh(at)netzero.com (n801bh(at)netzero.com) <n801bh(at)netzero.com (n801bh(at)netzero.com)> wrote:
[quote]
I HATE insurance companies.....................................................
Rant off.
Ben.

w.haaspowerair.com

--------

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

We shouldn’t talk politics on this list…but I can’t stand the guy’s politics. I am sure he is a nice fella and all, but he is a country mile from me on just about all of his positions. He was forced in to the tax thing kicking and screaming. It will be interesting to see how he runs on that platform in 2012. And I don’t think the insurance mandate is going to stand up to a supreme court review. What will we be legally obligated to purchase next. (and don’t bring up car insurance…that is different and only weakens the argument!)

Do not archive.

From: owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of FLYaDIVE
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative

ha! ha! ha!...
So why don't you hate obama?

I told ya so!

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM, n801bh(at)netzero.com (n801bh(at)netzero.com) <n801bh(at)netzero.com (n801bh(at)netzero.com)> wrote:
I HATE insurance companies......................................................
Rant off.
Ben.

w.haaspowerair.com
--------

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

Oh. I hate obama too !!!!!!!!!
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

pmaxpmax(at)HOTMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

I can't speak for others, but my airport requires proof of insurance against any events that might occur during the building of my project.  In this case, my plane is down for the upgrade, and is not in flying status.  I presume if a fire broke out in my hangar, the airport or other tenants could recover damages from my insurance.

By the way, the upgrade is almost complete on my machine and I'm in the process of putting it back together.  I'm taking the opportunity to fix a few things like I added a 5th bearing to my Corvair engine, and I'm re-routing my brake lines (I never liked how I did it before).

Phil Maxson601XL/Corvair
Northwest New Jersey

Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:25:18 -0700
Subject: Re: Zenith-List: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative

.ExternalClass {word-wrap:break-word;background-color:#ffffff;} Why insure if not flying?  That is awfully high premium.  I am not trying to be flippant but what are you insuring against?  Did you carry insurance while buildin

Thank you,

Steve Freeman

[quote][b]

aprazer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Falcon Insurance Agency -- EAA's representative Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents,

I have to report that Falcon Insurance (Global Aerospace) and I have come to a fair conclusion and it is all good!

I am now able to insure my bird for liability "only" for a more reasonable fee, similar to what most of you are paying.

It is too bad that the XL has been the recipient of an imaginary & derogatory reputation.

Does anyone know if the Cirrus has developed a reputation for all of their crashes in the last two years?

I want to thank all of you for allowing me to vent my frustrations.

Mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: