Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Lotus float installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Full Lotus float installation Reply with quote

Anyone have experience installing Full Lotus 1650 floats on a Kitfox 5? I'm confused by the original Sky Star installation document, especially the inner spreader bar attach brackets.

Joel  Kitfox V 912 ULS
Washington [quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

akflyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Full Lotus float installation Reply with quote

[quote="Joel"]Anyone have experience installing Full Lotus 1650 floats on a Kitfox 5? I'm confused by the original Sky Star installation document, especially the inner spreader bar attach brackets.

Joel� Kitfox V 912 ULS
Washington
Quote:
[b]

Not on a 5, but I have put the 1220, 1260 and 1450 on kitfox and Avid. I have the Skystar rigging also. What is your issue with the bracket?

I may have some close up shots on my computer, if not, I will have the kid go brush the snow off them and shoot me some pics if it would help you out.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Avid "C" / Mk IV
582 (147 hrs and counting on the rebuild)
IVO IFA
Full Lotus 1450
#1 snake oil salesman since 1-22-2009

I would rather die trying to live, than to live trying not to die....
Joel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Lotus float installation Reply with quote

Leonard,
I am trying to assemble Full Lotus floats (1650) per Sky Star Document P/N 10265.000 and am perplexed by step 11. "Mark the positions of the attachment bracket holes on the float stiffener tubes. Slide the inboard bracket assemblies (without the bolts) into place and mark the hole positions on both the stiffener tube and the spreader bar..."
How is it possible to first, maintain alignment of the bracket assemblies with out bolts, and second, mark the hole positions on the spreader bars when you can't see or feel the holes? In my recollection of the aircraft build instructions I don't recall similar 'blind' marking situations. But maybe my memory is fading with age...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: