Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radial 2800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

Mark,
  Not sure what comments you’re looking for… I think the Radial Kitfox on floats would be really cool.. We had considered putting ours on floats this year but needed to go another direction.

Fly Safe !!
John McBean
Ph 208.337.5111
www.kitfoxaircraft.com
"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Mark Hill
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 7:16 PM
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Radial 2800

A pilot friend of mine and myself are interested in The Kitfox as our second build. ( Kolb is great ) The new Kitfox w/ the R2800 seems like fun. We both have our seaplane rating and wish to continue with Amphib Floats with the Kitfox. Any comments about this combination for our build would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

Mark Hill

Sport Pilot 4 Years
Quote:
http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

n223rv(at)wolflakeairport

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

I too am interested in comments here. Interested in performance with amphibs, performance of the engine, etc.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2011, at 9:15 PM, Mark Hill <mhfwood(at)gmail.com (mhfwood(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[quote]A pilot friend of mine and myself are interested in The Kitfox as our second build. ( Kolb is great ) The new Kitfox w/ the R2800 seems like fun. We both have our seaplane rating and wish to continue with Amphib Floats with the Kitfox. Any comments about this combination for our build would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

Mark Hill
Sport Pilot 4 Years
Quote:

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

mhfwood(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

Thanks John
What I'm looking for is info on the radial with floats as compared to other engines like the 912, 0200, etc.
Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2011, at 12:06 PM, "jdmcbean" <jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraft.com (jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraft.com)> wrote:

[quote]
Mark,
  Not sure what comments you’re looking for… I think the Radial Kitfox on floats would be really cool.. We had considered putting ours on floats this year but needed to go another direction.

Fly Safe !!
John McBean
Ph 208.337.5111
www.kitfoxaircraft.com

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Mark Hill
To: [url=mailto:kitfox-list(at)matronics.com]kitfox-list(at)matronics.com (kitfox-list(at)matronics.com)[/url]

A pilot friend of mine and myself are interested in The Kitfox as our second build. ( Kolb is great ) The new Kitfox w/ the R2800 seems like fun. We both have our seaplane rating and wish to continue with Amphib Floats with the Kitfox. Any comments about this combination for our build would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

Mark Hill

Sport Pilot 4 Years
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]

lcfitt(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

Since there are several radials on Kitfoxes now and the word is slow getting out on their performance vs. the more conventional engines, my guess is that there is not much to brag about. History tells me that if there is not a lot of news, there is not a lot of excitement. I think the Rotec looks great and can be show stopper and is no doubt fun to fly, but I seriously doubt you will see many videos of them in the high back country doing what the Rotax does.

Just an opinion.
Lowell Fitt
Kitfox IV-1200 Gone West
Kitfox IV-1200 912 UL The 90% to go part
Kitfox V helping
Cameron Park, CA

Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:29 AM
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com (kitfox-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Radial 2800

Thanks John
What I'm looking for is info on the radial with floats as compared to other engines like the 912, 0200, etc.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2011, at 12:06 PM, "jdmcbean" <jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraft.com (jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraft.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Mark,

Fly Safe !!
John McBean
Ph 208.337.5111
www.kitfoxaircraft.com

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Mark Hill
To: [url=mailto:kitfox-list(at)matronics.com]kitfox-list(at)matronics.com (kitfox-list(at)matronics.com)[/url]

Thank you in advance

Mark Hill

Sport Pilot 4 Years
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
9 [quote][b]

msm_9949(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

Yeah Lowell, but they look realllly cool! And, I bet they sound really cool too! Wink

Marco Menezes N99KX
Hersey, MI
Model 2 582-90 C-Box 3:1 w/clutch
engine out for overhaul

--- On Tue, 3/8/11, Lowell Fitt <lcfitt(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Quote:

Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 3:20 PM

Since there are several radials on Kitfoxes now and the word is slow getting out on their performance vs. the more conventional engines, my guess is that there is not much to brag about. History tells me that if there is not a lot of news, there is not a lot of excitement. I think the Rotec looks great and can be show stopper and is no doubt fun to fly, but I seriously doubt you will see many videos of them in the high back country doing what the Rotax does.

Just an opinion.
Lowell Fitt
Kitfox IV-1200 Gone West
Kitfox IV-1200 912 UL The 90% to go part
Kitfox V helping
Cameron Park, CA

Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:29 AM

Thanks John

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Mark,

Fly Safe !!
John McBean
Ph 208.337.5111
www.kitfoxaircraft.com

Thank you in advance

Mark Hill

Sport Pilot 4 Years

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[quote][b]

dave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

Rotec radials sure look sexy -- I have yet to see any great performance videos showing the killer STOL take offs. I would agree with Lowell that if they were that hot you would hear about it more. But they are new still so time will tell. I know a guy putting one in a IV about 40 miles East of me, I will fly in one day soon and see how it is going. Gary Walsh did a quick video on it the other day.

Now add some floats and make them AMPHIBS. you need power and a long prop.

You just narrowed it down to 912 UL or 912 S for dual operations.
my 582 Kitfox is a great solo but is more lethargic on amphibs on hot days. But I can still fly with 2 guys 220 lbs and full fuel off glassy water.

You gotta stay light...... I have seen IV models on wheels 700 800 900 lbs. -- just kills the great performance.
Like it or not my videos show you the best of Kitfox performance. 582
912 s --

Most viewed Kitfox on youtube
Most popular on youtube
Highest rated on youtube
Paul A. Franz, P.E.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

On Tue, March 8, 2011 2:42 pm, Marco Menezes wrote:
Quote:
Yeah Lowell, but they look realllly cool! And, I bet they sound really cool
too! Wink

I agree - sort of like the Harley appeal. Speaking of that, here's a photo of what
looks to me like a Rotec in a Harley styled MC.

--
Paul A. Franz
Registration/Aircraft - N14UW/Merlin GT
Engine/Prop - Rotax 914/NSI CAP
Bellevue WA
Office 425.440.9505
425.241.1618 Cell

In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from
one party of the citizens to give to the other.
-- Voltaire (1764)

MC-Radial.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.02 KB
 Viewed:  5887 Time(s)

MC-Radial.jpg

Bellevue WA
425.241.1618 Cell
425.440.9505 Office
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Float Flyr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

I just looked it up on WCC site. What a thing to do to a radial... It'd
look a lot better on the nose of my 'Fox!

Noel

--

Radial_Hell.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  357.41 KB
 Viewed:  5884 Time(s)

Radial_Hell.jpg

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Radial 2800 Reply with quote

I grew up around DHC Beavers... do I need to say more???
Noel

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Reilly
Sent: March 21, 2011 7:54 PM

Noel, That's the one! I think it looks cooler with the radial in this position. As cool as it looks I bet on the bike and the Kitfox. You might be wishing for a different power setup to actually fly or ride.

Pat Reilly

Mod 3 582 Rebuilt

Rockford, IL

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Noel Loveys <noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca (noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca)> wrote:
I just looked it up on WCC site. What a thing to do to a radial... It'd
look a lot better on the nose of my 'Fox!

Noel

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: