Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Position Light Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfolkerts1(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Position Light Questions Reply with quote

At Sun-N-Fun, I purchased drop in replacement LED Bulbs for position lights from PSA Enterprises. No problem, I’m committed to using them for my SR2500 Super Rebel day/night VFR objective. Next, I went to the Parts Mart and purchased what appeared to be three good Grimes position lights, the teardrop shape for the red and green, and a typical tail assembly. This year, many of the things were vacuum packed and you couldn’t look at them closely. When I got home, one of them, had no internal parts for the bulb to clip in, as if someone had removed the guts. On the other two, the internals are there, but no wiring. That said, the cases are in excellent condition as are the lenses. So, how do I fix them?

Question 1: How would I wire to the two that have all the internals, but no wires?

Question 2: What are my options for the one without internals absent purchasing another?

Question 3: Will I need the AEC9051 Series High Intensity LED Driver Kits for each light?

In addition, I also purchased two LED landing lights from Whelen, and found some nice mounts at the Parts Mart. Will I need the Driver kits for them as well?

Thanks,
Jerry Folkerts

[quote][b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
email(at)jaredyates.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Position Light Questions Reply with quote

Regarding number 3, my understanding of the PSA units is that they are ready for system voltage as-is.  I just put them into the socket that my incandescent bulbs came out of.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Jerald Folkerts <jfolkerts1(at)gmail.com (jfolkerts1(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]
At Sun-N-Fun, I purchased drop in replacement LED Bulbs for position lights from PSA Enterprises.  No problem, I’m committed to using them for my SR2500 Super Rebel day/night VFR objective.  Next, I went to the Parts Mart and purchased what appeared to be three good Grimes position lights, the teardrop shape for the red and green, and a typical tail assembly.  This year, many of the things were vacuum packed and you couldn’t look at them closely.  When I got home, one of them, had no internal parts for the bulb to clip in, as if someone had removed the guts.  On the other two, the internals are there, but no wiring.  That said, the cases are in excellent condition as are the lenses.  So, how do I fix them?

Question 1:  How would I wire to the two that have all the internals, but no wires?

Question 2:  What are my options for the one without internals absent purchasing another?

Question 3:  Will I need the AEC9051 Series High Intensity LED Driver Kits for each light?

In addition, I also purchased two LED landing lights from Whelen, and found some nice mounts at the Parts Mart.  Will I need the Driver kits for them as well?

Thanks,
Jerry Folkerts

Quote:

ist" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: