Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gascolator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WurlyBird

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Gascolator Reply with quote

Pat, I liked your anecdote. That was great first thing in the morning. Any way I could talk you out a few bucks worth of the sealant that is in the fridge?

Guy, you are correct about the fittings. I am still learning my way around the plane and it's fancy part names. I just used words that were familiar to me and when I first looked at the part it resembled plumbing pieces I had worked with. The link to AC Spruce has helped a lot, that was the page I could not find doing searches. You guys are doing a wonderful job educating me, thanks.

Funny story, on another site I once referred to a "rod end" as a "spherical bearing" because that is what we call some similar parts on our helicopters. A real snide jack(at)** jumped all over me and explained how it is of utmost importance that you always know the exact name of parts in aviation. He used to be an Army maintenance pilot and they ALWAYS used the right terminology. I then had to explain to him that I am an Army pilot and our maintainers call them "lollipops". You will find that I now try to describe a part in excruciating detail when I am not sure of it's name. Very Happy

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

helili(at)chahtatushka.ne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Well, I are a Army pilot (retired) and, an A&P mechanic as well, and I've
heard all sorts names for things on aircraft that are far from the technical
name of the part. Somebody please show me in the TM where the "Jesus nut"
is listed by that name.

John Hart
KF IV
Wilburton, OK

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Pat Reilly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

James, I pulled the dried up 1/4" plug off the top of the tube. The sealant seems to be fine. Email me your address. I'll put some of the Dow 730 sealant in a plastic bag or bottle and mail it to you. When you get it, mail me a check for what you think it was worth to you. I don't remember who recommended it on this site. But I had the leaking tank out for the 4th time when I finally paid up and put the Dow 730 on. I see why it's $100 a tube...... Oh by the way, that ancedote wasn't an ancedote ... It was just the truth, every word. I don't know who said it but, "Truth is stranger than fiction".

Pat Reilly
Mod 582 Rebuilt
Rockford, IL 
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:19 AM, John W. Hart <helili(at)chahtatushka.net (helili(at)chahtatushka.net)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kitfox-List message posted by: "John W. Hart" <helili(at)chahtatushka.net (helili(at)chahtatushka.net)>

name of the part.  Somebody please show me in the TM where the "Jesus nut"
is listed by that name.

John Hart
KF IV
Wilburton, OK

--

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

On the heart and Derriere of every helicop0ter pilot!

Noel

--

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Mark Twain

Noel

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Reilly
Sent: March 22, 2011 7:51 PM
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Gascolator

James, I pulled the dried up 1/4" plug off the top of the tube. The sealant seems to be fine. Email me your address. I'll put some of the Dow 730 sealant in a plastic bag or bottle and mail it to you. When you get it, mail me a check for what you think it was worth to you. I don't remember who recommended it on this site. But I had the leaking tank out for the 4th time when I finally paid up and put the Dow 730 on. I see why it's $100 a tube...... Oh by the way, that ancedote wasn't an ancedote ... It was just the truth, every word. I don't know who said it but, "Truth is stranger than fiction".

Pat Reilly

Mod 582 Rebuilt

Rockford, IL

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:19 AM, John W. Hart <helili(at)chahtatushka.net (helili(at)chahtatushka.net)> wrote:
--> Kitfox-List message posted by: "John W. Hart" <helili(at)chahtatushka.net (helili(at)chahtatushka.net)>

is listed by that name.

John Hart
KF IV
Wilburton, OK

--

Pat Reilly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Noel, Love Mark Twain! Why, if I could commit to memory just 10 or 12 of Sam's quotes I'd have one for almost any circumstance that could arise. I have a nephew that graduated high school near the top of his class full of confidence, articulate and intelligent. He had been accepted at Northwestern here in IL. It's one of the over priced ivy league institutions of higher learning. On his high school graduation card I wrote Mark Twain's quote, "Don't let too much scoolin get in the way of gettin a good education". He didn't seem to get the meaning. His mother, my sister a highly over educated acadamician in her own right, wasn't impressed either. They think I originate these "dumb" sayings. Hell, I ain't quite that good, and am willin to admit it. If they ask the right questions I'll give credit to the originator every time. But, they never seem to ask those questions. From my observations, really intellegent persons listen more than they talk and ask alot of questions . My sisters ain't afllicted with those traits.  
Oh, my nephew, he graduated from Northwesten. Sure enough, they dumbed him down, no where near as confident or articulate. With the level of his previous intelligence, that was no easy job. I can see why it costs a couple hundred thousand dollars and takes 4 years to accomplish. He isn't satisfied yet with his level of intelligence, and is considerin attendin graduate school. 
Sorry about the digression from Kitfox topics. But you see, Noel brought up Mark Twain.  And, I enjoy getting to know the players on this site that seem to have an inate talent for enjoying life. Players like Noel, Snake, Dave, Lowell, Lynn, and Paul that, on occassion, include comments of their life's experiences as well as their high degree of mechanical and flying machine knowellege.  

Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuild
Rockford, IL  
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Noel Loveys <noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca (noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca)> wrote:
[quote]
Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Mark Twain

Noel

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Patrick Reilly
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com (kitfox-list(at)matronics.com)

James, I pulled the dried up 1/4" plug off the top of the tube. The sealant seems to be fine. Email me your address. I'll put some of the Dow 730 sealant in a plastic bag or bottle and mail it to you. When you get it, mail me a check for what you think it was worth to you. I don't remember who recommended it on this site. But I had the leaking tank out for the 4th time when I finally paid up and put the Dow 730 on. I see why it's $100 a tube...... Oh by the way, that ancedote wasn't an ancedote ... It was just the truth, every word. I don't know who said it but, "Truth is stranger than fiction".

Pat Reilly

Mod 582 Rebuilt

Rockford, IL 

--> Kitfox-List message posted by: "John W. Hart" <helili(at)chahtatushka.net (helili(at)chahtatushka.net)>

is listed by that name.

John Hart
KF IV
Wilburton, OK

--

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

On the topic of flying I was in your hometown in the summer of ’64 for the first annual EAA flyin. Nice town, great folks. Fantastic air show!

Noel

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Reilly
Sent: March 23, 2011 11:44 AM

Noel, Love Mark Twain! Why, if I could commit to memory just 10 or 12 of Sam's quotes I'd have one for almost any circumstance that could arise. I have a nephew that graduated high school near the top of his class full of confidence, articulate and intelligent. He had been accepted at Northwestern here in IL. It's one of the over priced ivy league institutions of higher learning. On his high school graduation card I wrote Mark Twain's quote, "Don't let too much scoolin get in the way of gettin a good education". He didn't seem to get the meaning. His mother, my sister a highly over educated acadamician in her own right, wasn't impressed either. They think I originate these "dumb" sayings. Hell, I ain't quite that good, and am willin to admit it. If they ask the right questions I'll give credit to the originator every time. But, they never seem to ask those questions. From my observations, really intellegent persons listen more than they talk and ask alot of questions . My sisters ain't afllicted with those traits.

Oh, my nephew, he graduated from Northwesten. Sure enough, they dumbed him down, no where near as confident or articulate. With the level of his previous intelligence, that was no easy job. I can see why it costs a couple hundred thousand dollars and takes 4 years to accomplish. He isn't satisfied yet with his level of intelligence, and is considerin attendin graduate school.

Sorry about the digression from Kitfox topics. But you see, Noel brought up Mark Twain. And, I enjoy getting to know the players on this site that seem to have an inate talent for enjoying life. Players like Noel, Snake, Dave, Lowell, Lynn, and Paul that, on occassion, include comments of their life's experiences as well as their high degree of mechanical and flying machine knowellege.

Pat Reilly

Mod 3 582 Rebuild

Rockford, IL

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Noel Loveys <noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca (noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca)> wrote:
Mark Twain

Noel

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Patrick Reilly

James, I pulled the dried up 1/4" plug off the top of the tube. The sealant seems to be fine. Email me your address. I'll put some of the Dow 730 sealant in a plastic bag or bottle and mail it to you. When you get it, mail me a check for what you think it was worth to you. I don't remember who recommended it on this site. But I had the leaking tank out for the 4th time when I finally paid up and put the Dow 730 on. I see why it's $100 a tube...... Oh by the way, that ancedote wasn't an ancedote ... It was just the truth, every word. I don't know who said it but, "Truth is stranger than fiction".

Pat Reilly

Mod 582 Rebuilt

Rockford, IL

is listed by that name.

John Hart
KF IV
Wilburton, OK

--

Pat Reilly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Noel, I live in paradise, 1 mile west of runway 25 at RFD and 15 minutes to Cotonwood Airport in Rockford, where my hangar is. 300 yards off the Rock River, a half mile from the confluence of the Rock and Kishwaukee rivers, deer in the yard most days, wild turkey, coyote in the immediate area. I will die here ... That is unless I get taxed out. Same problem here as in WI, which has been in the national spotlight.

Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuilt
Rockford, IL

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Noel Loveys <noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca (noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca)> wrote:
[quote]
On the topic of flying I was in your hometown in the summer of ’64 for the first annual EAA flyin.  Nice town, great folks.  Fantastic air show!

Noel

Sent: March 23, 2011 11:44 AM

Noel, Love Mark Twain! Why, if I could commit to memory just 10 or 12 of Sam's quotes I'd have one for almost any circumstance that could arise. I have a nephew that graduated high school near the top of his class full of confidence, articulate and intelligent. He had been accepted at Northwestern here in IL. It's one of the over priced ivy league institutions of higher learning. On his high school graduation card I wrote Mark Twain's quote, "Don't let too much scoolin get in the way of gettin a good education". He didn't seem to get the meaning. His mother, my sister a highly over educated acadamician in her own right, wasn't impressed either. They think I originate these "dumb" sayings. Hell, I ain't quite that good, and am willin to admit it. If they ask the right questions I'll give credit to the originator every time. But, they never seem to ask those questions. From my observations, really intellegent persons listen more than they talk and ask alot of questions . My sisters ain't afllicted with those traits.  

Oh, my nephew, he graduated from Northwesten. Sure enough, they dumbed him down, no where near as confident or articulate. With the level of his previous intelligence, that was no easy job. I can see why it costs a couple hundred thousand dollars and takes 4 years to accomplish. He isn't satisfied yet with his level of intelligence, and is considerin attendin graduate school. 

Sorry about the digression from Kitfox topics. But you see, Noel brought up Mark Twain.  And, I enjoy getting to know the players on this site that seem to have an inate talent for enjoying life. Players like Noel, Snake, Dave, Lowell, Lynn, and Paul that, on occassion, include comments of their life's experiences as well as their high degree of mechanical and flying machine knowellege.  

Pat Reilly

Mod 3 582 Rebuild

Rockford, IL  

Mark Twain

Noel

Pat Reilly

Mod 582 Rebuilt

Rockford, IL 

is listed by that name.

John Hart
KF IV
Wilburton, OK

--

WurlyBird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Gascolator Reply with quote

Now back to the 37* flare of aircraft tubing. How do you guys make this flare without buying a $500 tool? Even at just under $100 the cheapest tool is not worth it to make the 4 flares my aircraft needs.

helili(at)chahtatushka.ne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Go to a FBO that does aircraft maintenance and ask them to make the flares
for you. It will probably cost a few bucks unless you know the mechanic who
owns the tools.
John Hart
KF IV
Wilburton, OK

--

icubob(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

i looked at it as just biting the bullet and then i would have it forever. i have remade several pieces of tubing and used it x3 for what the plans called for. and i never liked to borrow tools.
         bob
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM, WurlyBird <james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil (james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kitfox-List message posted by: "WurlyBird" <james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil (james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil)>

Now back to the 37* flare of aircraft tubing.  How do you guys make this flare without buying a $500 tool?  Even at just under $100 the cheapest tool is not worth it to make the 4 flares my aircraft needs.

--------
James
Kitfox 3 / 582 / 70&quot; IVO 2 blade GA
50 hrs on the Fox in between deployments,
     now she lies in wait

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=336950#336950
ist Un/Subscription,
www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
ronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
Matt Dralle, List Admin.
=====

[b]

Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

James,
An old deceased buddy of mine showed me how to make a 37 degree flare using a 45 degree automotive tool. He had restored many antique airplanes using this method. He used to squeeze the end of the tube until it approximated 37 degrees and then matched it up to the fitting and used the nut to pull it the rest of the way. It worked and the fittings never leaked BUT obviously the right tool is the best way to go.
    Dick Maddux
    Fox 4
    Milton,Fl

[quote][b]

kirkhull(at)kc.rr.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Have you tried your local EAA chapter. A lot of them have tool like that for members to use.

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of bob noffs
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 5:45 AM

i looked at it as just biting the bullet and then i would have it forever. i have remade several pieces of tubing and used it x3 for what the plans called for. and i never liked to borrow tools.

bob

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM, WurlyBird <james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil (james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil)> wrote:
--> Kitfox-List message posted by: "WurlyBird" <james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil (james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil)>

Now back to the 37* flare of aircraft tubing. How do you guys make this flare without buying a $500 tool? Even at just under $100 the cheapest tool is not worth it to make the 4 flares my aircraft needs.

--------
James
Kitfox 3 / 582 / 70&quot; IVO 2 blade GA
50 hrs on the Fox in between deployments,
now she lies in wait

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=336950#336950
ist Un/Subscription,
www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
ronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
Matt Dralle, List Admin.
=====

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

While it may be next to impossible to borrow one of these tools if you bring
the pieces to an FBO they will probably do the flares for you for a
reasonable price... maybe even free.

Noel

--

Tom Jones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Gascolator Reply with quote

Float Flyr wrote:
While it may be next to impossible to borrow one of these tools if you bring

Noel

--

Thats what I did. The mechanic showed me how to use the tool and let me do it myself. No charge.

Ellensburg, WA
cdnch701builder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Hey James...

This tool can be purchased on Ebay cheap... I have one and works great!
This tool is nice to have on hand... here is the ebay link, probably made
in China!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=+37+degree+flare+tool&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_dmp
t=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=VW+bus+type&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3
286.c0.m270.l1313

--
R.D.(Ron) Leclerc
Winnipeg, MB Canada
49-56-27N 097-06-44W Elev 729'
Plans Builder CH701 STOL
Porsche/VW Power, Redrive
www.ronleclerc.net
cdnch701(at)mts.net,
15/04/2011
This E-Mail scanned with AVG Anti-Virus Ver: 10.0!

:--)
:--) <james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil>
:--) Now back to the 37* flare of aircraft tubing. How do you guys
:--) make this flare without buying a $500 tool? Even at just under
:--) $100 the cheapest tool is not worth it to make the 4 flares my
:--) aircraft needs.
:--) --------
:--) James
:--) Kitfox 3 / 582 / 70&quot; IVO 2 blade GA
:--) 50 hrs on the Fox in between deployments,
:--) now she lies in wait
:--) Read this topic online here:
:--) http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=336950#336950
:--) = - The Kitfox-List Email Forum -
:--) = - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
:--) your generous support!
:--) --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Tommy Walker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

James,Thanks for that link.  gonna get me one too.
Tommy Walker in Alabama

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM, cdnch701 <cdnch701(at)mts.net (cdnch701(at)mts.net)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kitfox-List message posted by: cdnch701 <cdnch701(at)mts.net (cdnch701(at)mts.net)>

Hey James...

This tool can be purchased on Ebay cheap... I have one and works great!
This tool is nice to have on hand... here is the ebay link, probably made
in China!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=+37+degree+flare+tool&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_dmp
t=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=VW+bus+type&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3
286.c0.m270.l1313

--
R.D.(Ron)  Leclerc
Winnipeg, MB Canada
49-56-27N  097-06-44W  Elev 729'
Plans Builder CH701 STOL
Porsche/VW  Power,  Redrive
www.ronleclerc.net
cdnch701(at)mts.net (cdnch701(at)mts.net),
15/04/2011
This E-Mail scanned with AVG Anti-Virus Ver: 10.0!

:--) --> Kitfox-List message posted by: "WurlyBird"
:--) <james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil (james.t.trizzino(at)us.army.mil)>
:--) Now back to the 37* flare of aircraft tubing.  How do you guys
:--) make this flare without buying a $500 tool?  Even at just under
:--) $100 the cheapest tool is not worth it to make the 4 flares my
:--) aircraft needs.
:--) --------
:--) James
:--) Kitfox 3 / 582 / 70&quot; IVO 2 blade GA
:--) 50 hrs on the Fox in between deployments,
:--) now she lies in wait
:--) Read this topic online here:
:--) http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=336950#336950
:--) =          - The Kitfox-List Email Forum -
:--) =               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
:--) your generous support!
:--) --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution

===========
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
===========
http://forums.matronics.com
===========
le, List Admin.
="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

[b]

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

Has some rebel out there tried to use a 45° flare on an
*experimental* aircraft?.....hint: notice the word experimental. I
realize that if you have an "real" aircraft part with a 37° flare on
it, you have to match it, but otherwise what is sacred about 37°?
(other than selling us a special tool)

Lynn Matteson
Kitfox IV Speedster, taildragger
Jabiru 2200, #2062
Prince prop (64 x 30, P-tip)
Electroair direct-fire ignition system
Rotec TBI-40 injection (sleeved to 35mm)
do not archive

On Apr 15, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Noel Loveys wrote:

Quote:

While it may be next to impossible to borrow one of these tools if
you bring

Noel

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

The flaring tool that I have been using the past week (at my flight
instructors place) is a simple clamp for the tubing, and an aligned
37° "hammer-to-form" point that forms the flare. Most of the ones I
see advertised are the "screw-to-form" type. His looks to be older
than the hills, but I just used it to make about 24 flares in his
C172 fuel system with no leaks. (installing long-range tanks, and
adding front and rear ports to those tanks)

Lynn Matteson
Kitfox IV Speedster, taildragger
Jabiru 2200, #2062
Prince prop (64 x 30, P-tip)
Electroair direct-fire ignition system
Rotec TBI-40 injection (sleeved to 35mm)

On Apr 15, 2011, at 12:56 PM, cdnch701 wrote:

Quote:

Hey James...

This tool can be purchased on Ebay cheap... I have one and works
great!
This tool is nice to have on hand... here is the ebay link,
probably made
in China!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=+37+degree+flare
+tool&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_dmp
t=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=VW+bus
+type&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3
286.c0.m270.l1313

--
R.D.(Ron) Leclerc

Guy Buchanan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Gascolator Reply with quote

On 4/15/2011 10:35 AM, Lynn Matteson wrote:
Quote:
Has some rebel out there tried to use a 45° flare on an *experimental* aircraft?.....hint: notice the word experimental. I realize that if you have an "real" aircraft part with a 37° flare on it, you have to match it, but otherwise what is sacred about 37°? (other than selling us a special tool)

Lynn,
What is sacred about 37 degrees is matching AN hardware, nothing else. 45 degrees for plumbing hardware, 37 for AN. What happens if you mix is mostly that they leak. What happens if you decide to honk on it and form fit the flare depends on the tubing you're using. If T6 then you'll probably just bust up the seats and threads. If T0, then you'll probably modify the flare to fit. Nothing sacred about AN hardware except that it's a good bit lighter than brass, Wink is stronger than plastic, and looks cool. (Most important.)

Guy Buchanan Normal Guy Buchanan 8 20 2010-09-24T17:53:00Z 2011-01-02T22:52:00Z 1 25 149 1 1 173 14.00 <![endif]--> 59 Clean Clean false false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--> <![endif]--> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} <![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Guy Buchanan
Scoutmaster – Troop 680
scoutmaster(at)troop680.org (scoutmaster(at)troop680.org)

www.troop680.org

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: