Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened with Can-Zac aviation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike53

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why Can-Zac is no longer the zenith distributor for Ontario,Canada?Wanted to sign up for a workshop and was informed by zenith head office in the U.S. that I will have to contact the new distributor in Midland Ontario,which was fine until I called them and was informed that they were not planning any workshops in the near future.
I will probably still place my order but was just curious what happened to Can-Zac as I know they held numerous workshops throughout the year.
Thanks.
Mike

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

That's a very good question.... Last year I was wanting to buy a spare firewall for the 801 series so I can fabricate some motor mounts for customers... Roger (at) Zenith is Mexico Mo. told me the complete 801 kit was being produced up in Canada... I emailed Mark and got absolutely NO answer back.... Now I am wondering who is building the 801 kits ....
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Jon(at)joncroke.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Last I heard recently was that Mark is doing fine and is very busy doing his
Zenith builder assist work at his hangar workshop. I understand he is no
longer the Canadian Zenith distributor.

He never manufactured parts for Zenith to the best of my knowledge, so
nothing has changed in that regard. The only thing I know that is different
is that you call the Midland facility for your Zenith parts orders instead
of calling Mark.

Is he hard to get ahold of? I think so...! I have heard he is REALLY busy!

Jon (a friend of Mark's)
--

royjp(at)yahoo.ca

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

I just checked up Can-Zac web site and it's still up and running
http://www.can-zacaviation.com/

Jean-Paul

--- En date de : Dim, 5.6.11, n801bh(at)netzero.com <n801bh(at)netzero.com> a écrit :

[quote]
De : n801bh(at)netzero.com <n801bh(at)netzero.com>
Objet : Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation?
À : zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Date: dimanche 5 juin 2011 19 h 22

That's a very good question.... Last year I was wanting to buy a spare firewall for the 801 series so I can fabricate some motor mounts for customers... Roger (at) Zenith is Mexico Mo. told me the complete 801 kit was being produced up in Canada... I emailed Mark and got absolutely NO answer back.... Now I am wondering who is building the 801 kits ....
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

stepinwolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Ben,

Mark ( Canzac ) never had anything to do with the 801. The kit and parts have always been are manufactured, sold, and supplied from the original Zenith plant at the Huronia Airport, in Midland Ontario. They can be reached on their website at zenair.com(at)gmail.com (zenair.com(at)gmail.com)

You might want to speak to Mathieu Heintz who run the business, and his phone number is 705 526-2871.

As for Mark answering his e-mails, or his phone for that matter, it look's as though he has too much work to do so.

Robert

[quote] ---

DKrummel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Hello Ben - As another emailer has told you, the entire 801 operation has moved to Canada and is under direct control of Mathieu Heintz. Good luck with customer service -- it is as cold as Canada.
Dennis Krummel
N801DK

--

Zenair_Mathieu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

PRESS RELEASE, February 2010. See the COPA and RAA magazines.

Zenair Ltd. re-established as the official representative for Chris Heintz designs in Canada.
Midland, Ontario, Canada – Zenair Ltd., a pioneer in the Canadian light aircraft kit industry, has been re-established as the official Canadian representative for Chris Heintz kit aircraft designs. Aeronautical engineer Chris Heintz founded Zenair Ltd. in 1974 to manufacture aircraft kits and components for the burgeoning market for “homebuilt aircraft” and over the years has designed more than 20 aircraft models for the sport aviation marketplace. In 1992, Zenith Aircraft Company was formed in Missouri to manufacture and market Chris Heintz kit aircraft designs from it central U.S. location. The company currently produces kits for the popular high-wing STOL CH 750 and the sleek low-wing CH 650, as well as earlier models such as the STOL CH 701 light sport utility kit plane.
Zenair Ltd. will benefit Canadian customers in numerous ways as the Canadian dealer for Chris Heintz designs in Canada. Zenair stock complete airframe kits at its factory in Ontario, as well as section kits and individual parts and components to better service the hundreds of Canadian builders across the country. “In-stock parts means better service and support to our customers in Canada,” explained Mat Heintz, vice president of Zenair Ltd. “Customers can now pick-up their kits at Zenair which can easily save more than $1,200.00 in crating and shipping charges, not to mention the hassles with importing a kit through customs.”
Zenair Ltd. replaces Can-Zac Aviation Ltd. for Zenith Aircraft kit sales and service in Canada, though Can-Zac Aviation will continue to offer onsite builder assistance and Canadian Advanced Ultralight quick-build assemblies: “We help customers to finish their kits in record time at our facility and assist them with professional builder assistance,” states Mark Townsend, owner of Can-Zac Aviation Ltd. “We can now focus all of our energy on building and flying.” Mark Townsend is well known among Zenair aircraft owners.
Zenair Ltd. has been actively producing the complete kits for the four-seat Zodiac CH 640 (a low wing based on the certified CH 2000 designs) and the four-seat STOL CH 801, a utility high-wing aircraft, from its production facilities in Midland, Ontario. Zenair also manufactures and markets a complete line of lightweight all-metal floats for light aircraft, which are sold in kit form or factory-assembled and available as straight floats or in amphibious versions. Zenair Ltd. typically employs a skilled workforce of 15 to 20 staff for the manufacturing of parts and assemblies which are shipped to customers around the world.

Also, if you are planning on registering your STOL or Zodiac project as an AULA, call Matt at Zenair ASAP as Mark at Can-Zac is not signing off the SOC anymore.

For more information on the Zenair Ltd. and the light aircraft designs it represents in Canada, please contact Mr. Michael or Matt Heintz at Zenair Ltd.
Tel. 705-526-2871 E-mail: zenair.com(at)gmail.com
Zenair Ltd.
Huronia Airport, Midland, ON L4R 4K8 Canada
www.zenair.com Tel. 705-526-2871 Fax. 705-526-8022

Also, Zenair-Huronia Airport open house June 11, 2011. http://www.huroniaairport.com/

Email Zenair directly if you have any questions.
zenair.com(at)gmail.com

mike53

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Haven't checked back here for a while. Thanks for the article.I still find it a bit disheartening that no one at can -zac could return my calls or answer my e-mail that i sent a month ago. Funny way to run a business.If a business owner can't take 5 min. of his time to answer a question ,my attitude is good luck with your business I'm sure you will get along without me.

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Seems strange to me too... WTF is going on there ?
do not archive

Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

Jimmy Young

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

I think we should all consider the nature of the business he is in, and the hobby we chose to get involved with.

I've met Mr. Townsend a couple of times. He, like most experimental-class builder-assist self employed operators, basically runs a 1 man show. Very tough to answer every question, return every email & phone call and still get any work done. Though that may not sit well with some, it's not like you are going shopping at Sears or Lowes.

Just try to imagine how many calls he gets from builders who have never spent a penny with him but need advice. I am one of them. I got through to him with a phone call and got a very good answer to my question that saved me a lot of $. It did take a few tries, but that's ok with me as he made nothing from the conversation. I think I owe him at least the courtesy of some support. We are lucky to have people like him around, even if they are hard to reach at times.

Just my opinion,

Jimmy Young
bldg the 750
Houston TX

mike53

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Sorry I'm just not buying it. There is a difference between someone calling with a question that will net zero dollars and someone calling asking to get into a workshop that he has listed on his website.that's all I tried to accomplish.I'm glad he was nice to you though I'm doubting very much that you got him right away.I also believe that he no longer sells the kits because Zenith was getting to many complaints of his ignoring the phone and e-mails.
He is a very poor business man and I for one will not badger anyone to give them my money.

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Jimmy.. I guess my question is..... Why didn't you call Zenith in Mexico Mo. to ask the question to... After all you did buy your kit from them.. Didn't you ?
do not archive

Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

cdnch701builder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

mike53 wrote:
Haven't checked back here for a while. Thanks for the article.I still find it a bit disheartening that no one at can -zac could return my calls or answer my e-mail that i sent a month ago. Funny way to run a business.If a business owner can't take 5 min. of his time to answer a question ,my attitude is good luck with your business I'm sure you will get along without me.

Sounds very familar... this has been going on for years. Claimed he was the Canadian Rep for all of Canada(joke) for Zenair... but you would never know it... he did not like dealing with customers in Western Canada unless you crossed his palm with $20,000 first.

I guess it was a matter a time before he was fired... look st what happened with the Zenair Floats that he was supposed to be manufacturing and marketing in Canada... he lost that too! it was just a matter of time before Zenith took back control of their Canadian marketing and parts sales

No big deal... no loss always had to deal with Mexico anyway if I wanted something. It would be nice if Zenith set up their part sales in Canada for Canadians... Laughing

Jimmy Young

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Quote:
Jimmy.. I guess my question is..... Why didn't you call Zenith in Mexico Mo. to ask the question to... After all you did buy your kit from them.. Didn't you ?

Hi Ben,

I did buy my kit from Zenith in Mexico Mo. I called Mark because I was looking for an alternative nose fork for my 750 and was considering using an 801 fork. Didn't want to replace the nose gear leg and fork which is what the new 750 nose gear requires, just wanted a better fork. Called Zenith first, found out they don't sell any parts for the 801 & they referred me to Canada. They may have meant the other Zenith place in Canada, but the only one I knew of at the time was Can-Zac. He gave me some good advice, well worth what I paid for it.

Jim

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Glad it all worked out for you Jimmie.. Don't get me wrong, when I built my 801 I got OUTSTANDING service from Zenith in Mexico Mo. Nick. Roger and Shirley are the best group of people I have done business with so I find it strange that area of product support has gone haywire,, at least thats what some of the posts in here seem to insinuate... I am one happy camper with my Zenith aircraft......
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

Zenair_Mathieu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: What happened with Can-Zac aviation? Reply with quote

Zenair Ltd located in Midland ON Canada is now stocking the Zenith 750 and 650 kit parts including the 801 and 640 kits, and floats. For a factory tour, please call Zenair at 705-526-2871.

Customers who purchased parts or kits from Can-Zac can continue to get customer support through Zenair.

For more information, please see the new Zenair web site at www.zenair.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: