Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks, AVN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayberg(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Thanks, AVN Reply with quote

Since I also have two DD-214's and have owned or still own several aircraft, perhaps I can join the party.

First, thanks for your comments. There is no question people want to push the line as much as possible, particularly those who can no longer fly using any license or rating other than Sport Pilot. It is not easy to give up the things your love because of advancing age. I suspect you know the feeling. Your opinion is that the line has been crossed and thus the bathtub has been pissed in. I think we get it....but dont agree.

I could explain to you that you are a bit heavy with the language you use, and that when people feel attacked, they tend to fight back in kind. But you already know that. I could explain a whole bunch of stuff, but I'm sure you dont want to hear it. You made your mind up a couple years ago and have no interest in what we might say.

But thanks for putting a little hot sauce into the Lightning list. And yes, I am much less of a man than you are, so dont feel you have to point that out, not to mention my lack of flying skills. You did that before.

Meantime, Arion Lightnings continue to increase in numbers and ply the skies at 120 knots while sipping 5 gph with electronics airlines dream of.

Its all good.

Doug Koenigsberg

In a message dated 9/21/2011 7:10:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, avn100(at)AOL.COM writes:
Quote:
OK – fifteen yard penalty for piling on. You want to start throwing out ad hominem attacks? Fine. You’re all full of crap and you know it and the reason is that unlike me, you’re more interested in fudging the rules and flying knife-edge through loopholes to make/save money than preserving what little honor and tradition remains in aviation. You very nearly destroyed experimental aviation with your phony builder assist programs and I won’t stand idly by while you (or AOPA or NAFI with their “UL cowboy instruction should get same dual credit toward advanced ratings as real CFI” petition) try the same thing with Sport Pilot.

BTB, WTF difference does it make who I am and how many aircraft I’ve owned except the former makes it a little harder (but not impossible) for you to “get even” with me for exposing your lies and as for the latter, I rely on definitions, regulations, and the FAA to determine if I am right or wrong, not my forty years in aviation, pocketful of ratings, and dozens of owned aircraft from two thousand to two million dollars.

Gage – you sound like a decent guy who was careless, got suckered and once again you’ve flown through your own wake. “Can run the engine at 3,000 rpm and get 125 knots. You are totally out of line” Doesn’t sound like it, Rayban. Unless your plane was built from day one with a 3300L engine… not even available back then… this is prima facie evidence that it is not now, never was, and cannot ever be legally flown by a Sport Pilot and to pretend that in your selling attempt is unethical to the max. Sue the liar that sold it to you under false pretenses as you should be sued if you persist in this ruse. I’d normally say “sorry” at this point, but not after your last entry.

And speaking of the Max, same same. Give it up. You lose. No SP for you!

So Nick, unless I own a Lightning I can’t be right? So unless I own a Space Shuttle you’d ignore me when I warn you not to launch on a cold morning, that those seals aren’t rated for it? If ANY of your kits, checkbook-assist aircraft, or LS-1 RTF were originally built/delivered with an ungoverned/non-rev-limited 3300 engine and non-L dataplate EVEN IF IT HAS ONE NOW, the FAA could violate a Sport Pilot flying them for that plane currently OR PREVIOUSLY blowing the Vh limit.
If ANY of your Esquals or pre-long-wing Lightnings is flown without vortex generators by a Sport Pilot, the FAA could violate them for blowing the clean Vs limit.
Yeah, I’m a “standup” guy. I am selling my actual factory-built 2,000 gross aerobatic mount and buying a NW USA RTF 1,320gross LSA and wouldn’t want one of yours unless it had a tailwheel so I don’t even have a horse in this race. Just trying to protect naive buyers who may be reading here and caution previously just naïve, now full-fledged A-hole sellers like Gage.
Are YOU a standup guy, Nick? Will you admit those two warnings are valid? Nah. Whadda YOU care? Not your certificate. They pays their money and they takes their chances! And then there’s your hidden agenda = if the wings (or elevator trim) ever fall off on the way to the smoking hole (may it never happen to anyone). “Radar tracking and credible witness testimony confirm he knowingly exceeded SP limits in cruise, your Honor, so Arion is not liable for the consequences.”

Hey, Earl. DADT is in effect, You can come out of the closet now instead of crying to mommy Mark to make me go away because I’m right more than I’m wrong and that upsets you. KMA

Mark, small congrats on being more American than Earl (faint praise there – takes more than a DD214 – hell I’ve got two of those) and now unless (pray tell) you really believe the Gorky and Gagemobiles actually qualify as LSA, just STFU.

OK, who’s next?

Oh yeah, Wart Muffy. Thanks for jumping in you suckup sycophant. Major valuable and relevant contribution from you there. Keep it up. Doubt you can.

DuPont Nemours – whatchoo talkin’ bout, Willis? WTF is “true ground speed” at “see” level and where on p.142 is it? The reg is the reg is the reg.
I gave it to y’all once.
Here it is again:

Vs1<45K CAS
[and]
since its original certification, has continued to meet a maximum airspeed in level flight with maximum continuous power (VH) of not more than 120 knots CAS under standard atmospheric conditions at sea level.

By this point even the biggest blindest greediest haters among you must admit the originally non 3300-L and non-vortex Esquals and Lightnings (like the white elephants of Gage and Gorky) cannot undergo efficacious hymenoplasty (EVER be legally flown by SP).

I’ll leave you “3300L-from-Day-One” owners dialing your lawyers and lobbyists (don’t bother calling Nick or Mark – they’ll just say “don’t worry about it”) by pointing out that the reg does not read “was certificated at”, “builder says”, “manufacturer says” or “is placarded for” but seems to say “what will it actually do” and thus invites a ramp checker saying “Don’t bullshit me, boy. Jab3300? This baby will cruise over 120 till the tanks run dry. You’re busted.”

Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
s.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
p://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
wampam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Thanks, AVN Reply with quote

AVN sounds like a lonely man to me.

Walt Mefford
GARMIN AT
Team Lead, Manufacturing Test Engineering
(503) 391-3343
walt.mefford(at)garmin.com (walt.mefford(at)garmin.com)
[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CC782F.65FFCA00[/img]
N881WP

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: