Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noise and capacitor kit on magnetos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigeryak18t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Noise and capacitor kit on magnetos Reply with quote

Good day to all

I have changed the harness with ann automotive kit on my 52. I have now noise in my radio at a point where it makes it difficult to fly with such noise in the ears.
So I have bought a capacitor kit for the magnetos. Unfortunately I do not understand well how to set it on the M14P magnetos.
Doeas anyone have a detailled explanation on how to set this kit up please.

Thanks a lot for any advice

Best regards
--
Didier BLOUZARD
didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Noise and capacitor kit on magnetos Reply with quote

Contact Dennis off list. Your shielding on your P leads can be allowing the wiring as it enters the cap to be exposed causing RF interference that is bleeding over onto your radio. Your tach drive can also have that similar problem with the shielding at the base of the pin connector being puled back exposing the wiring allowing to be an RF transmitter. Does it increase with increasing the RPM? If so, you get to chase those two sources.
Know it is a pain in the ass but running the plug wires through your old shielded wiring harness is an option too. I have filters on my 50. It did not totally eliminate the noise but it did make it more tolerable. Electronics are not my strong suit. Mark Bitterlick is another great source on avionics issues.
Doc

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 21, 2011, at 7:09 PM, Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com> wrote:

[quote] Good day to all

I have changed the harness with ann automotive kit on my 52. I have now noise in my radio at a point where it makes it difficult to fly with such noise in the ears.
So I have bought a capacitor kit for the magnetos. Unfortunately I do not understand well how to set it on the M14P magnetos.
Doeas anyone have a detailled explanation on how to set this kit up please

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Noise and capacitor kit on magnetos Reply with quote

Didier,
I will send you the information off-list short.
Dennis
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Wed, September 21, 2011 7:09:55 PM
Subject: Noise and capacitor kit on magnetos

Good day to all

Best regards
--
Didier BLOUZARD
[quote]
[b]

rijaeger(at)wausau.k12.wi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Noise and capacitor kit on magnetos Reply with quote

Guys, does anyone have dimensions for the transport dollies used to move a Yak fuse? I'm specifically seeking bolt diameter and ear-spacing for the wing fittings... THANX!

Quote:
>> "A. Dennis Savarese" <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net> 9/22/2011 6:30 AM >>>

Didier,
I will send you the information off-list short.
Dennis

To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Wed, September 21, 2011 7:09:55 PM
Subject: Noise and capacitor kit on magnetos

Good day to all

Best regards
--
Didier BLOUZARD
[quote]

://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: