Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV-10 Flap Positioner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rv10free2fly(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Could anyone tell me what flap positioning system they've used?

Should I install the stock standard Vans flap positioner or alternatively the FPS-Plus Reflex unit from Aircraft Extras Inc.?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Pat

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
jesse(at)saintaviation.co

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Speaking of which, I just went through my boxes of stuff and found that I have 2-4 full flap positioning systems that I will not be using. I will let them go for a good price (half of Van's price) plus shipping.

do not archive

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
jesse(at)saintaviation.com (jesse(at)saintaviation.com)
C: 352-427-0285
F: 815-377-3694

On Dec 9, 2011, at 11:42 PM, Patrick Pulis wrote:
[quote]Could anyone tell me what flap positioning system they've used?

Should I install the stock standard Vans flap positioner or alternatively the FPS-Plus Reflex unit from Aircraft Extras Inc.?

Pat

Quote:

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

johngoodman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

[quote="rv10free2fly(at)yahoo.com"]Could anyone tell me what flap positioning system they've used?

Pat

Quote:
[b]

I used the Vertical Power VP-200 instead. You simply put a Ray Allen position sensor on it and the VP does the rest. It reminds me to raise the flaps for takeoff, and won't extend them if the airspeed is too high. You can make the increments any angle you want.
John

#40572 Phase One complete in 2011
rv10flyer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

I used the show planes from Vans like Jessie is selling. Good deal if yoy choose that route.

When it breaks it will be pulled out with a std flap switch put in place. I have the same problem as others with having to hit the down toggle position twice to go from 18 to 33 degrees flaps. Has to do with micro switches. It is just one more thing to go bad...more money/wire/weight.

VP is a nice system unless it goes out then your grounded. I did not have the money for it anyway. I have learned with hvac systems that the more circuit boards you put on something the more expensive it is to fix and you better know your stuff to fix it yourself. One reason I do not sell 16 seer+ hvac systems.

msausen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Before I went with the VP-200, I was planning on that Aircraft Extras unit. Rich is great to work with and I have his fuel guardian unit and I'm about to get the LCD button to use as a warn for different alerts.

Michael
On Dec 10, 2011, at 8:59 AM, "johngoodman" <johngoodman(at)earthlink.net> wrote:

Quote:

[quote="rv10free2fly(at)yahoo.com"]Could anyone tell me what flap positioning system they've used?

Pat

> [b]

I used the Vertical Power VP-200 instead. You simply put a Ray Allen position sensor on it and the VP does the rest. It reminds me to raise the flaps for takeoff, and won't extend them if the airspeed is too high. You can make the increments any angle you want.
John

--------
#40572 Phase One complete and flying.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=360619#360619

davidsoutpost(at)comcast.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed. The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me.

David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:00:44 PM
Subject: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner

--> RV10-List message posted by: "rv10flyer" <wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com>

I used the show planes from Vans like Jessie is selling. Good deal if yoy choose that route.

When it breaks it will be pulled out with a std flap switch put in place. I have the same problem as others with having to hit the down toggle position twice to go from 18 to 33 degrees flaps. Has to do with micro switches. It is just one more thing to go bad...more money/wire/weight.

VP is a nice system unless it goes out then your grounded. I did not have the money for it anyway. I have learned with hvac systems that the more circuit boards you put on something the more expensive it is to fix and you better know your stuff to fix it yourself. One reason I do not sell 16 seer+ hvac systems.

--------
Wayne Gillispie, A&amp;P 05/93 PP 10/08
Bldr# 40983SB Started 12/1/2009
N715WD Flying 12/1/2011. Paint 2012.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=360632#360632

robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

I don't think you can lump VP and BMA in the same category. One is exceptionally well thought out and tested system while the other is a "let's start selling it and then work on finishing the development over promising while under delivering. I don't own a VP because my -10 build was too early but it is an impressive system. I kick myself for not adding it to my 8A build.

Respectfully,
Robin
Do Not Archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: RV10-List: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner

I could not agree more with Wayne.  Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built.  He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails.  And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed.  The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it!  No Thanks.  Not bashing VP at all.  Its just not for me.
David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell,  MI

From: "rv10flyer" <wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)>
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: RV10-List: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner

--> RV10-List message posted by: "rv10flyer" <wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)>

--------

_p;                     &n====================

Quote:
  _-============================================================_-=_-=       -- Please Support Your Lists This Month --_-=           (And Get Some AWESOME FREE Gifts!)_-=_-=   November is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click on_-=   the Contribution link below to find out more about_-=   this year's Terrific Free Incentive Gifts provided 
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
_-============================================================
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=
Quote:
_-=       -- Please Support Your Lists This Month --
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

msausen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Not exactly apples to apples though. Blue Mountain had a short and sorted history and I would compare them more to Jan and his engine building escapades than a company like VP.

Sent from my iPad2

On Dec 10, 2011, at 2:40 PM, "davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)" <davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

[quote] I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed. The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me.

David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

--> RV10-List message posted by: "rv10flyer" <wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)>

--------

_p;   &n====================

Quote:

ectric.com
">www.buildersbooks.com
builthelp.com
.matronics.com/contribution
p://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
ics.com

[b]

davidsoutpost(at)comcast.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Very well aware that these are two different products from two different companies.  Point being at least for me is that there is no way I am willing to let one single electronic component control all the electronics in my plane. Not bashing VP or those that go this route. Just saying that if it takes a crap for whatever reason while your away from home,,,,your gonna be hard pressed to get back in the air anytime soon.

David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI
From: "RV Builder (Michael Sausen)" <rvbuilder(at)sausen.net>
To: "<rv10-list(at)matronics.com>" <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:52:38 PM
Subject: Re: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner

Not exactly apples to apples though. Blue Mountain had a short and sorted history and I would compare them more to Jan and his engine building escapades than a company like VP.

Sent from my iPad2

On Dec 10, 2011, at 2:40 PM, "davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)" <davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

[quote] I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed. The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me.

David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

--------

Quote:

ectric.com
">www.buildersbooks.com
builthelp.com
ics.com

_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
get="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
tp://forums.matronics.com

[b]

jesse(at)saintaviation.co

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

I agree completely with this. I just finished wiring an airframe with a VP-200. It took 2 days from start to finish. There is absolutely no way I could have done that the traditional way, with the bus bars, switches, breakers, etc. The VP keeps it clean and makes it easy, as well as giving a lot more information about a problem when you have it. In over 2,000 hours flown on VP's that I have installed, I have had to send a total of one unit back to VP for repair, and have never had a completely dead unit. As Robin said, you can't lump quality equipment made by VP with "nothing-but-headache" stuff from BM.
Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.

On Dec 10, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Robin Marks wrote:
[quote]I don't think you can lump VP and BMA in the same category. One is exceptionally well thought out and tested system while the other is a "let's start selling it and then work on finishing the development over promising while under delivering. I don't own a VP because my -10 build was too early but it is an impressive system. I kick myself for not adding it to my 8A build.

Respectfully,
Robin
Do Not Archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Ofdavidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)

I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed. The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me.David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

--------

_p; &n====================

Quote:
[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]www.aeroelectric.com[/b]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
Quote:
[/b]
[b]

kearney

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Hi

This is one topic that I can add a bit of perspective. I have just powered up the avionics on my -10 that uses a VP-X integrated with am AFS 4500 EFIS screens with the avionics backbone being provided by Approach Systems Fast Stack. No smoke and lots of pretty displays!

All the wiring was done by me, myself and I. Although I have read everything on the VP-X etc, I was amazed at how simple the wiring was done. With Tim Hass's Fast Stack, I was left with wiring sensors, power lead, antennas etc. I started slowly as I was learning as I went but by the end I was pretty confident as to how things would turn out. There is still a lot of work involved in wiring - I was surprised about the amount of wire that goes to the tail.

After seeing how the VP-X spins up on the EFIS, how easy it is to define circuits and how they operate, how the number of high energy wires being switched was reduced (all the VP-X switches are to ground), I can't imagine using a traditional bus bar for my avionics etc. It was beyond cool watching the avionics turn on, box by box, as I changed the VP-X configuration settings on the EFIS.

With any system, it is wise to think about failure modse. I my case, if the VP-X fails I need only replace the box. Even if this happened in flight, my EFIS screens have internal backup batteries so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

A final note, the support from Marc (VP) and Tim (Approach Systems) has been stellar. Both have been very helpful getting up a steep learning curve.

Cheers

Les

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Saint
Sent: December-10-11 2:41 PM

I agree completely with this. I just finished wiring an airframe with a VP-200. It took 2 days from start to finish. There is absolutely no way I could have done that the traditional way, with the bus bars, switches, breakers, etc. The VP keeps it clean and makes it easy, as well as giving a lot more information about a problem when you have it. In over 2,000 hours flown on VP's that I have installed, I have had to send a total of one unit back to VP for repair, and have never had a completely dead unit. As Robin said, you can't lump quality equipment made by VP with "nothing-but-headache" stuff from BM.
Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.

[quote] I don't think you can lump VP and BMA in the same category. One is exceptionally well thought out and tested system while the other is a "let's start selling it and then work on finishing the development over promising while under delivering. I don't own a VP because my -10 build was too early but it is an impressive system. I kick myself for not adding it to my 8A build.

Respectfully,
Robin
Do Not Archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Ofdavidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)

I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed. The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me. David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

--------

[b]

msausen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

No master avionics switch for you then. Smile

Sent from my iPad2

On Dec 10, 2011, at 3:48 PM, "davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)" <davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

[quote] Very well aware that these are two different products from two different companies. Point being at least for me is that there is no way I am willing to let one single electronic component control all the electronics in my plane.  Not bashing VP or those that go this route. Just saying that if it takes a crap for whatever reason while your away from home,,,,your gonna be hard pressed to get back in the air anytime soon.

David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

From: "RV Builder (Michael Sausen)" <rvbuilder(at)sausen.net (rvbuilder(at)sausen.net)>
To: "<rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)>" <rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:52:38 PM

Sent from my iPad2

Quote:
I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed. The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me.

David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

--------

Quote:

ectric.com
">www.buildersbooks.com
builthelp.com
ics.com

_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
get="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
tp://forums.matronics.com

ectric.com
">www.buildersbooks.com
builthelp.com
ics.com

[b]

robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Les,
If you replace the box do you have to reprogram anything/everything? I assume they have some system in place for this?

Robin

Sent from my iPad2.

On Dec 10, 2011, at 3:26 PM, "Les Kearney" <kearney(at)shaw.ca (kearney(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:

[quote] Hi

This is one topic that I can add a bit of perspective. I have just powered up the avionics on my -10 that uses a VP-X integrated with am AFS 4500 EFIS screens with the avionics backbone being provided by Approach Systems Fast Stack. No smoke and lots of pretty displays!

All the wiring was done by me, myself and I. Although I have read everything on the VP-X etc, I was amazed at how simple the wiring was done. With Tim Hass's Fast Stack, I was left with wiring sensors, power lead, antennas etc. I started slowly as I was learning as I went but by the end I was pretty confident as to how things would turn out. There is still a lot of work involved in wiring - I was surprised about the amount of wire that goes to the tail.

After seeing how the VP-X spins up on the EFIS, how easy it is to define circuits and how they operate, how the number of high energy wires being switched was reduced (all the VP-X switches are to ground), I can't imagine using a traditional bus bar for my avionics etc. It was beyond cool watching the avionics turn on, box by box, as I changed the VP-X configuration settings on the EFIS.

With any system, it is wise to think about failure modse. I my case, if the VP-X fails I need only replace the box. Even if this happened in flight, my EFIS screens have internal backup batteries so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

A final note, the support from Marc (VP) and Tim (Approach Systems) has been stellar. Both have been very helpful getting up a steep learning curve.

Cheers

Les

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Saint
To: (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
(jesse(at)saintaviation.com)jesse(at)saintaviation.com (jesse(at)saintaviation.com)

Quote:
I don't think you can lump VP and BMA in the same category. One is exceptionally well thought out and tested system while the other is a "let's start selling it and then work on finishing the development over promising while under delivering. I don't own a VP because my -10 build was too early but it is an impressive system. I kick myself for not adding it to my 8A build.

Respectfully,
Robin
Do Not Archive

From: (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)
To: (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: RV10-List: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner

I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed.  The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me. David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

From: "rv10flyer" < (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)>
Subject: RV10-List: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner

--> RV10-List message posted by: "rv10flyer" < (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)>

--------

f="http://www.aeroelectric.com">www.aeroelectric.com
">www.buildersbooks.com
ref="http://www.homebuilthelp.com">www.homebuilthelp.com
f="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
Quote:
http://www.matron//forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com

[b]

rleffler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Just like most efis, you can save the configuration.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2011, at 7:48 PM, Robin Marks <robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)> wrote:

Les,
If you replace the box do you have to reprogram anything/everything? I assume they have some system in place for this?

Robin

Sent from my iPad2.

On Dec 10, 2011, at 3:26 PM, "Les Kearney" <kearney(at)shaw.ca (kearney(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:

[quote] Hi

Cheers

Les

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Saint

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
(jesse(at)saintaviation.com)jesse(at)saintaviation.com (jesse(at)saintaviation.com)

Quote:

Respectfully,
Robin
Do Not Archive

From: (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)

I could not agree more with Wayne. Yesterday I spent the day at my buddies cold (freezing) hanger to help trouble shoot electrical issues on the Cozy MKIV we built. He went with a Blue Mountain power board that has been nothing but trouble,,,, and you really need to know that stuff when it fails. And yes,,,,you are grounded until fixed. The last time it failed it took an electronic engineer from Visteon who is a good friend to fix it! No Thanks. Not bashing VP at all. Its just not for me. David Clifford

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

From: "rv10flyer" < (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)>

--> RV10-List message posted by: "rv10flyer" < (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)>

--------

">www.buildersbooks.com
Quote:

[b]

kearney

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Robin
I am still in setup mode but there is a facility to save / restore the setup on a SD card. This part of the EFIS. That being said, I expect that I could redo the setup quite quickly from my docs.
It really seems quite straightforward.
Cheers
Les

Sent from my iPhone

On 2011-12-10, at 5:48 PM, Robin Marks <robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)> wrote:

[quote] Les,

Robin

Sent from my iPad2.

On Dec 10, 2011, at 3:26 PM, "Les Kearney" <[url=mailto:kearney(at)shaw.ca]kearney(at)shaw.ca (kearney(at)shaw.ca)[/url]> wrote:

Quote:
Hi

Cheers

Les

From: [url=mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com]owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)[/url] [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Saint
To: (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)[url=mailto:rv10-list(at)matronics.com]rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)[/url]

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
(jesse(at)saintaviation.com)[url=mailto:jesse(at)saintaviation.com]jesse(at)saintaviation.com (jesse(at)saintaviation.com)[/url]

Quote:

Respectfully,
Robin
Do Not Archive

From: (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)[url=mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com]owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)[/url] [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)[url=mailto:davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net]davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net (davidsoutpost(at)comcast.net)[/url]
To: (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)[url=mailto:rv10-list(at)matronics.com]rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)[/url]

RV-10 Builder
Howell, MI

From: "rv10flyer" < (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)[url=mailto:wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com]wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)[/url]>

--> RV10-List message posted by: "rv10flyer" < (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)[url=mailto:wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com]wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com (wayne.gillispie(at)gmail.com)[/url]>

--------

">www.buildersbooks.com
Quote:

[b]

rv10flyer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

If the master switch goes bad, I have an aux master contacter connected to pc680 bat which can also start engine. I also have aux ebus relay that sends power up front to power all avionics from pc680 for up to 1.2 hrs. I have fuse blocks. I have a little more wire and a bunch of switches, but I am okay with it.

We all do things a little different. There are advantages and disadvantages to every choice we make during the build. When we all get together to go flying it really won't matter much. RV-10's are great no matter how you build it.

larson36(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Flap Positioner Reply with quote

Jesse

Do you still have a RVF10 Flap kit available for sale?

If you do, I am interested.

Larry Klein

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: