Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mk III max take off weight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickofudall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Mk III max take off weight Reply with quote

For all Mk III, C or X models, with 582's. What's the maximum weight you've taken off? What is your climb rate?I flew the X at 1108 lb. yesterday (me, 240 lb bundled up for the cold, half tank, 48 lb., and 160 lb. of cement bags, and the plane scales in at 660 lb. ). The take off and first two minutes of the flight were knuckle biters. Thank God for the house thermal coming off the field at the end of the runway, it doubled my climb rate according to my Ball Variometer. Once above the convective activity in glass smooth air the vario showed a climb of 250 / 300 fpm.
John H., I've read your stories of taking potential customers, but were those flights with a 582 or a 912?
Folks, feel free to email me off list if you don't want to post to the forum.

Rick Girard

--
Zulu Delta
Mk IIIC
Thanks, Homer GBYM
It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy.
  - Groucho Marx

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

byoungplumbing(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Mk III max take off weight Reply with quote

Rick
if it were hot you might not have got out of ground effect..

i have a 912 ul and have taken off at 1050. or a bit more,,, it seemed a bit iffy,, but then i am at just a bit over 4200 ft.
at 1000 # or there bout... i get about 250 ft/min between 9000 and 10,000 ft.. and solo i get twice that. or there bouts.

when i first read your post "What's the maximum weight you've taken off?" i started thinking,,, i took off bout,,, 25 pounds once,,, but most of 15 came back,,,,

please, do not archive, LOL

boyd

For all Mk III, C or X models, with 582's. What's the maximum weight you've taken off? What is your climb rate? I flew the X at 1108 lb. yesterday (me, 240 lb bundled up for the cold, half tank, 48 lb., and 160 lb. of cement bags, and the plane scales in at 660 lb. ). The take off and first two minutes of the flight were knuckle biters. Thank God for the house thermal coming off the field at the end of the runway, it doubled my climb rate according to my Ball Variometer. Once above the convective activity in glass smooth air the vario showed a climb of 250 / 300 fpm.
John H., I've read your stories of taking potential customers, but were those flights with a 582 or a 912?
Folks, feel free to email me off list if you don't want to post to the forum.

Rick Girard

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tkben002

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mk III max take off weight Reply with quote

Rick,

Mine is not a Mk3 but instead a Kolbra. I uploaded a video yesterday to youtube. This is a flight I took yesterday at 1075 pounds. The performance degrades due to atmospheric conditions and weight but varies. It was over 70 degrees with 100% humidity yesterday (higher density alt but did not do the calculations). I was not trying to get off short or climb quick, just a normal flight. I obtained about a 600fpm climb and cruised between 75 and 80 on average. If I dump the passenger it really makes a huge difference. I am taking a x-country to Arkansas next weekend and will have some video of that solo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC6XxUfU8oQ&context=C32210f3ADOEgsToPDskIbX3ac2BZCXqMB3-vzjBhz

Travis Bennett

Richard Pike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mk III max take off weight Reply with quote

Heaviest so far was with the 532 and a big passenger, probably about 1100 pounds. It was off a 4,000' runway, temperature in the mid 70's, and takeoff and climb was about what you would get out of a C-150, around 400-450 FPM. Also, with that much weight ahead of the CG, plan to land W/O flaps, or you will likely run out of elevator authority in the flare.

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: