Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mz 201

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capedavis(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: mz 201 Reply with quote

Phil and interested Kolbers, The following is the updatefrom Leon on the MZ 201 with fan cooling . Chris

Chris Davis
KXP 503 492 hrs
Glider Pilot
Disabled from crash building Firefly

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: 'chris davis' <capedavis(at)yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 11:33 AM
Subject: RE: mz 201

Chris,
I only got a chance yesterday to go to work and actually weigh all the bits and pieces for all of the different engines and configurations. During normal work hours I’m so busy that I figured I would go on a weekend while nobody was there and the phone doesn’t ring..
A complete MZ201 with fan cooling is 69.8lbs. Just like I originally thought. The fan cooling option actually weighs less than if it was free air cooled with electric and pull starter.
The engine itself is 61.8lbs and the exhaust is 8lbs. The only thing I didn’t add (I only just remembered now) was the 2 cdi’s and the voltage regulator and wiring harness, so add maybe 2lbs.
So, total weight is 71lbs.
Cost is $4440.00 for the MZ201 and add $560.00 for the fan cooling option.
Total $5000.00 US$ plus shipping.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Regards
Leon

Sent: January-16-12 7:56 AM
To: Leon Massa
Subject: Re: mz 201

Leon, I still havent heard from you? I am building a Kolb Firefly and am going to buy an engine this year .I wish to know the weight and cost of a 201 single carb , dual CDI,fan cooled ,belt reduction? thank you for your time . Chris

Chris Davis
KXP 503 492 hrs
Glider Pilot

To: 'chris davis' <capedavis(at)yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 1:42 AM
Subject: RE: mz 201

Chris,

I can add the fan cooling to the 201 if you like. The weight of the engine will be determined by how you want it configured. Single ignition, dual Ignition, belt reduction or gearbox. If you let me know how you want it configured I can give you a final cost and weight. When you add the optional fan cooling you automatically loose the pull starter.

Our standard 201 weighs 70lbs complete. With fan cooling it only add 1 or 2 lbs.

Please when you reply make sure you reply to this email so I can keep track of our “discussion” back and forth. I get 100’s of emails and if you don’t send me back what I have sent you then I have to search all our previous emails.

Thanks

Leon

Sent: December-15-11 8:06 PM
To: Leon_massa(at)telus.net
Subject: mz 201

Hello, I am considering your engine for a Kolb firefly and I am concerned about cooling on the pusher ,I am aware that you said because of the reduced rpms it wouldnt need fan cooling bu I am thinking that to much is always enough .How much does the fan cooling weigh ? How much does the pullstarter weigh? can I leave out the pullstarter and ad the fan cooling and ciome out near equal weight wise? the engine is too dear to have overheat if all that is required for safty sake is a cooling fan
Chris Davis
KXP 503 492 hrs
Glider Pilot

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: