Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N541RV First Flight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rnewman(at)tcwtech.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Its with great pleasure I get to announce the completion of First Flight for N541RV, previously known as,,, serial 40176. 8 years of work has paid off.

4 pm today EST a smooth lift off, followed by a 2000 fpm climb to 4500 msl. All went well, airplane handles like a dream. Explored low speed handling including near stall with flaps in and out, all normal and within a few knots of Van’s numbers. Finished up with a smooth landing to cap off a perfect experience.

All equipment under the hood and behind the instrument panel performed flawlessly.

Wow, is all I have to say...

Video to be edited and posted later this week,

photos just prior to flight.

Bob Newman
N541RV....flying

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

N541RV.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  969.19 KB
 Viewed:  6396 Time(s)

N541RV.JPG

first_flight_day.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  258.83 KB
 Viewed:  6396 Time(s)

first_flight_day.jpg

aerosport1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations Bob. I was just checking the other day on your progress. It looks awesome

Geoff Combs

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of bob-tcw
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:03 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: N541RV First Flight

Its with great pleasure I get to announce the completion of First Flight for N541RV, previously known as,,, serial 40176. 8 years of work has paid off.

4 pm today EST a smooth lift off, followed by a 2000 fpm climb to 4500 msl. All went well, airplane handles like a dream. Explored low speed handling including near stall with flaps in and out, all normal and within a few knots of Van’s numbers. Finished up with a smooth landing to cap off a perfect experience.

All equipment under the hood and behind the instrument panel performed flawlessly.

Bob Newman
N541RV....flying

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

pietflyr(at)bellsouth.net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Great, Bob! Congratulations! There is no feeling in the world like making the first flight in an airplane you built yourself.

Jack Phillips
#40610 Wings
Raleigh, NC

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of bob-tcw

Bob Newman

N541RV....flying

[quote][b]

robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Bob,
I didn’t see the announcement on the list but understand you have completed your first flight. Your plane looks beautiful and I am sure will give you years of joy. Well done!

Robin
Do Not Archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Geoff Combs
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:30 PM
Subject: RE: N541RV First Flight

Congratulations Bob. I was just checking the other day on your progress. It looks awesome

Geoff Combs

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] ([email][mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com][/email]) On Behalf Of bob-tcw
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)

Bob Newman

N541RV....flying

Quote:
==============[/b][/quote] V10-List Email Forum -[/b][/quote] >[/b][/quote] :p>[/b][/quote] /o:p>[/b][/quote] tor?RV10-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List[/b][/quote] ==============[/b][/quote] nbsp; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -[/b][/quote] :p>[/b][/quote] tp://forums.matronics.com[/b][/quote] ==============[/b][/quote] bsp; - List Contribution Web Site -[/b][/quote] e> bsp;   -Matt Dralle, List Admin.[/b][/quote] bution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution[/b][/quote] ==============[/b] [b]

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Awesome news, Bob! Glad it went well! Make sure to bring that baby to OSH!
Tim

On Jan 24, 2012, at 6:03 PM, "bob-tcw" <rnewman(at)tcwtech.com (rnewman(at)tcwtech.com)> wrote:

[quote] Its with great pleasure I get to announce the completion of First Flight for N541RV, previously known as,,, serial 40176. 8 years of work has paid off.

Bob Newman
N541RV....flying

<N541RV.JPG>
<first flight day.jpg>
[b]

rv10flyer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations Bob. It is definitely a performer isn't it. Enjoy the test flying and be safe.

rv10flyer(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

If only I could have said the same thing on my first flight, high oil pressure, high CHT, and constant “check blah blah” on headset that really helped with my first flight. In time it all went away with a little coercing from a screw driver to get the ranges corrected.

A testament to your great attention to detail before that first flight Bob! congratulations!

Pascal

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:03 PM

Bob Newman
N541RV....flying

[quote][b]

mauledriver(at)nc.rr.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Congrats and welcome to the other side!
Bill

Sent from my iPad

[quote]

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of bob-tcw

Bob Newman
N541RV....flying

Quote:

===================================
://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
cs.com
matronics.com/contribution

[b]

bill.peyton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations Bob! Great looking paint and interior. Fantastic job on the panel!
Bill Peyton

velo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations!!  The plane looks great.  Beautiful paint job.

Rick

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:03 PM

Bob Newman

N541RV....flying

[quote][b]

vijaypisini(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Bob,

Congratulations!  Worth the 8 years effort!! Encouraging for those of us in the building process.

vj

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:03 PM

Bob Newman
N541RV....flying

[quote][b]

nukeflyboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: N541RV First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations!
I like the paint job and hope the plane flies as well. With some luck I may get air under my tires this summer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: