Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tires for 601-HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpm(at)robertpmillerphd.c

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

My 601 the standard Matco W80CC-Z wheels, which use a 4.80 x 8 tire. 
Earlier on this list, some suggested using a Michelin S-83 scooter tire, but those are 3.5 x 8, which the local tire store says won't fit on the W80CC-
Z.
I'm flying my plane down to Mexico in a couple weeks, and want to have the toughest tires possible.
Any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Bob Miller
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
jlatimer1(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

I've been using the Michlen S-83's for 2 years now with no problems on my HDS. They do fit the rims nicely. I like them better because they were better balanced and they are slightly smaller.

Jerry L.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dgraham7(at)TWCNY.RR.COM

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

I am glad that this subject came up again. I have had Nanco 4.80 x8 tires on a 601 HDS that I have owned for almost 3 years and 200+ hours. 9 out of 10 of my landings are on grass. Do you think that the Michelin S-83 scooter tire would be good for grass airstrips? Actually, just writing this note is talking me into Nanco, but I am willing to listen to other opinions. Thanks.
Regards,
Damien
N48TK

Sent from my iPad

On May 14, 2012, at 7:14 PM, Bob Miller <rpm(at)robertpmillerphd.com (rpm(at)robertpmillerphd.com)> wrote:

[quote]My 601 the standard Matco W80CC-Z wheels, which use a 4.80 x 8 tire.
Earlier on this list, some suggested using a Michelin S-83 scooter tire, but those are 3.5 x 8, which the local tire store says won't fit on the W80CC-
Z.
I'm flying my plane down to Mexico in a couple weeks, and want to have the toughest tires possible.
Any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Bob Miller
Quote:

[b]

psm(at)att.net

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

Bob,

I have had good look looking for aircraft tires at Desser tire. I don't use the same size as yours, but I suspect they will have what you need.

Paul
XL in flight test

On 5/14/2012 4:14 PM, Bob Miller wrote: [quote]My 601 the standard Matco W80CC-Z wheels, which use a 4.80 x 8 tire.
Z.
Any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Bob Miller
Quote:

[b]

carlossa52(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

While we are on the subject: is there a tire with the prescribed dimensions that actually *looks* like an airplane tire?

All I have seen are scooter and trailer tires...?
Carlos
CH601-HD, plans
(Back to the factory I go)

On 14 May 2012 20:48, Paul Mulwitz <psm(at)att.net (psm(at)att.net)> wrote:
[quote] Bob,

I have had good look looking for aircraft tires at Desser tire.  I don't use the same size as yours, but I suspect they will have what you need.

Paul
XL in flight test

[b]

larrycmcfarland(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
I’ve been flying with The S-83 tires for 8 years now, no problems. They are a better profile for airflow and the size does fit the W80CC-Z wheels just fine.
I keep 25 psi on them and I think they look good and ground handling is excellent. The small footprint doesn’t jerk like fatter tires do on touchdown.
These roll in grass well because of the major diameter. I’ve recommended these for a long time. For toughness, I’d suggest with any tire, put a spare in the wing locker
and place the tools to fix a flat inside the tire in the wing locker.

Larry McFarland 601HDS at www.macsmachine.com

From: owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bob Miller
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 6:15 PM
To: Zenith601-List(at)matronics.com
Subject: Tires for 601-HD

My 601 the standard Matco W80CC-Z wheels, which use a 4.80 x 8 tire.
Earlier on this list, some suggested using a Michelin S-83 scooter tire, but those are 3.5 x 8, which the local tire store says won't fit on the
W80CC-Z.
Any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Bob Miller
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

mtherr(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

Carlos, i removed my 15X600X6 from my plane. I install 500X5.

Look at my web site. These wheels/tires/forks will be for sale

--

mtherr(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

Carlos, i removed my 15X600X6 from my plane. I install 500X5.

Look at my web site. These wheels/tires/forks will be for sale

--

carlossa52(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Tires for 601-HD Reply with quote

Hello, Michel

I thought of that, but you wheels/tires are too big...
But thanks for the offer.
Salut
Carlos

On 14 May 2012 22:20, <mtherr(at)yahoo.com (mtherr(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
[quote] Carlos, i removed my 15X600X6 from my plane. I install 500X5.

Look at my web site. These wheels/tires/forks will be for sale From: Carlos Sa <carlossa52(at)gmail.com (carlossa52(at)gmail.com)>
Sender: owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:11:34 -0400
To: <zenith601-list(at)matronics.com (zenith601-list(at)matronics.com)>
ReplyTo: zenith601-list(at)matronics.com (zenith601-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Tires for 601-HD
While we are on the subject: is there a tire with the prescribed dimensions= that actually *looks* like an airplane tire?

All I have seen are sc= ooter and trailer tires...?
Carlos
CH601-HD, plans
(Back t= o the factory I go)

On 14 May 2012 20:48, Paul Mulwitz <psm(at)att.net> wrote:
Quote:
=20 =20 =20 Bob,

I have had good look looking for aircraft tires at Desser tire.=A0 I don't use the same size as yours, but I suspect they will have what you need.

Paul
XL in flight test

3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: