Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigb(at)onthenet.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

You've probably all heard these before - but this is such a great compendium of 1 liners, I couldn't resist. At least it should brighten your day(s) for a few seconds.

[quote]
Quote:

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the airplane, the pessimist, the parachute.

If helicopters are so safe, how come there are no vintage helicopter fly-ins?

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed.

Real planes use only a single stick to fly. This is why bulldozers & helicopters -- in that order -- need two.

There are only three things the copilot should ever say:
1. Nice landing, Sir.
2. I'll buy the first round.
3. I'll take the fat one.

As a pilot only two bad things can happen to you and one of them will.
a. One day you will walk out to the aircraft knowing that it is your last flight.
b. One day you will walk out to the aircraft not knowing that it is your last flight.

There are Rules and there are Laws. The Rules are made by men who think that they know better how to fly your airplane than you. Laws (of Physics) were ordained by nature. You can, and sometimes should suspend the Rules, but you can never suspend the Laws.

About Rules:
a. The rules are a good place to hide if you don't have a better idea and the talent to execute it.
b. If you deviate from a rule, it must be a flawless performance..
(e.g.., If you fly under a bridge, don't hit the bridge.)

The ideal pilot is the perfect blend of discipline and aggressiveness.

The medical profession is the natural enemy of the aviation profession..

Ever notice that the only experts who decree that the age of the pilot is over are people who have never flown anything? Also, in spite of the intensity of their feelings that the pilot's day is over, I know of no expert who has volunteered to be a passenger in a non-piloted aircraft.

Before each flight, make sure that your bladder is empty and your fuel tanks are full!

He who demands everything that his aircraft can give him is a pilot; he that demands one iota more is a fool.

There are certain aircraft sounds that can only be heard at night.

The aircraft limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular aircraft. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no limits.

Flying is a great way of life for men who want to feel like boys, but not for those who still are.

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.

"If the Wright brothers were alive today, Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs." President, DELTA Airlines.

In the Alaska bush I'd rather have a two hour bladder and three hours of fuel than vice versa.

It's not that all airplane pilots are good-looking, just that good-looking people seem more capable of flying airplanes.

An old pilot is one who can remember when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Airlines have really changed! Now a flight attendant can get a pilot pregnant.

I've flown in both pilot seats. Can someone tell me why the other one is always occupied by an idiot?

Son, you're going to have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both.

There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline baggage.

You define a good flight by negatives: you didn't get hijacked, you didn't crash, you didn't throw up, you weren't late, you weren't nauseated by the food. So you're grateful.

They invented wheelbarrows to teach FAA inspectors to walk on their hind legs.

The FAA Motto: "We're not happy 'til you're not happy".

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Do Not Archive
[b]

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
wdaniell(at)etb.net.co

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

And…

Any landing your walk away from is a good landing.

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of craig
Sent: 02 June, 2012 00:30
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators

You've probably all heard these before - but this is such a great compendium of 1 liners, I couldn't resist. At least it should brighten your day(s) for a few seconds.

Quote:
Quote:

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the airplane, the pessimist, the parachute.

Real planes use only a single stick to fly. This is why bulldozers & helicopters -- in that order -- need two.

1. Nice landing, Sir.

a. One day you will walk out to the aircraft knowing that it is your last flight.
b. One day you will walk out to the aircraft not knowing that it is your last flight.

There are Rules and there are Laws. The Rules are made by men who think that they know better how to fly your airplane than you. Laws (of Physics) were ordained by nature. You can, and sometimes should suspend the Rules, but you can never suspend the Laws.

About Rules:
a. The rules are a good place to hide if you don't have a better idea and the talent to execute it.

Ever notice that the only experts who decree that the age of the pilot is over are people who have never flown anything? Also, in spite of the intensity of their feelings that the pilot's day is over, I know of no expert who has volunteered to be a passenger in a non-piloted aircraft.

Before each flight, make sure that your bladder is empty and your fuel tanks are full!

He who demands everything that his aircraft can give him is a pilot; he that demands one iota more is a fool.

The aircraft limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular aircraft. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no limits.

Flying is a great way of life for men who want to feel like boys, but not for those who still are.

"If the Wright brothers were alive today, Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs." President, DELTA Airlines.

In the Alaska bush I'd rather have a two hour bladder and three hours of fuel than vice versa.

It's not that all airplane pilots are good-looking, just that good-looking people seem more capable of flying airplanes.

An old pilot is one who can remember when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

I've flown in both pilot seats. Can someone tell me why the other one is always occupied by an idiot?

Son, you're going to have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both.

The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline baggage.

You define a good flight by negatives: you didn't get hijacked, you didn't crash, you didn't throw up, you weren't late, you weren't nauseated by the food. So you're grateful.

Do Not Archive
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

And…

Any landing that you can use the airplane again is an excellent landing.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger(at)mac.com (rlborger(at)mac.com)

On Jun 4, 2012, at 2:50 PM, William Daniell wrote:
And…

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of craig
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)

Quote:
Quote:

1. Nice landing, Sir.

About Rules:

Do Not Archive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

And...

There are two kind of Monowheel pilots; those who have landed a wheel retracted and those who have not done it, so far.

There are skilled pilots who use their superior abilities to find out a way succesfully from a horrible situations and those wise pilots who use their rich knowledge to avoid such situations.

Raimo
OH-XRT

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators

And…

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

And…

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of craig

Quote:
Quote:

1. Nice landing, Sir.

About Rules:

Do Not Archive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[quote][b]

ivanshaw(at)btinternet.co

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

The superior pilot uses his superior judgement so that he never has to demonstrate his superior skill!

Ivan

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Raimo Toivio
Sent: 05 June 2012 23:06

And...

There are two kind of Monowheel pilots; those who have landed a wheel retracted and those who have not done it, so far.

There are skilled pilots who use their superior abilities to find out a way succesfully from a horrible situations and those wise pilots who use their rich knowledge to avoid such situations.

Raimo

OH-XRT

And…

Blue skies & tailwinds,

Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

And…

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] ([email][mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com][/email]) On Behalf Of craig

Quote:
Quote:

1. Nice landing, Sir.

About Rules:

Do Not Archive

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-Listhttp://forums.matronics.comhttp://www.matronics.com/contribution style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-Listblue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://forums.matronics.com
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2178 / 06/06/12
[quote][b]

Speedbird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

The Other Ivan Agrees!

Ivan Midwing

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 2:07 PM
Subject: RE: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators

The superior pilot uses his superior judgement so that he never has to demonstrate his superior skill!

Ivan

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Raimo Toivio

And...

Raimo

OH-XRT

And…

Blue skies & tailwinds,

Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

And…

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] ([email][mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com][/email]) On Behalf Of craig

Quote:
Quote:

1. Nice landing, Sir.

About Rules:

Do Not Archive

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-Listhttp://forums.matronics.comhttp://www.matronics.com/contribution style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-Listblue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://forums.matronics.com
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
http://forums.matronics.com

__________ Information frĂĄn ESET Smart Security, version av virussignaturdatabas 7200 (20120606) __________

Meddelandet har kontrollerats av ESET Smart Security.

http://www.esetscandinavia.com

[quote][b]

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

Yes, that I tried to wrote but did not succeeded.

Ivan – why not try to say it in Finnish!

That is “Mahtava pilotti käyttää hänen mahtavaa arviointikykyänsä niin, että hänen ei koskaan tarvitse käyttää hänen mahtavia taitojaan”

Your friend Kim from America was here and told some of your adventures.

Raimo

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 3:07 PM
Subject: RE: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators

Ivan

And...

Raimo

OH-XRT

And…

Blue skies & tailwinds,

Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

And…

Quote:
Quote:

1. Nice landing, Sir.

About Rules:

Do Not Archive

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
http://forums.matronics.com
[quote][b]

jimpuglise(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

In reality, there are 3 types. 1) Those that have; 2) Those that will; 3) those that will again.
Jim

Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:06:06 PM

And...

Raimo
OH-XRT

And…

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

And…

You've probably all heard these before - but this is such a great compendium of 1 liners, I couldn't resist.  At least it should brighten your day(s) for a few seconds.
Quote:
Quote:

1. Nice landing, Sir.

About Rules:

Do Not Archive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
[quote][b]

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: off topic: Words of Wisdom for Aviators Reply with quote

Oh Yes, of course!

Are there really pilots who have done IT two times or really even more???

Raimo

Here was an accident were there was an instructor and his student. They were practising some low level fly-byes. That irritating alarm which asked “please have your gears” was too irritating. So, he elected to switch it out. When they finally landed really, they did it as clean as new born baby. That was a two engine machine. Place: EFHF

From: jimpuglise(at)comcast.net (jimpuglise(at)comcast.net)
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:15 PM

In reality, there are 3 types. 1) Those that have; 2) Those that will; 3) those that will again.
Jim

Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:06:06 PM

And...

Raimo
OH-XRT

And…

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

And…

Quote:
Quote:

1. Nice landing, Sir.

About Rules:

Do Not Archive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: