Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fuselage repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireflier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: fuselage repair Reply with quote

hello all

I'm new to the forum have just purchased a part built Europa kit. However whilst transporting it back home it sustained some damage to the fuselage ( see picture attached) the reason for my post is to ask your opinions as to how best to repair this damage?

The kit is in storage at the moment but will be getting moved to my workshop within the next couple of weeks to allow me to start my build process. My thoughts are before tackling anything else I need to make a proper repair to the damage sustained to the fuselage before continuing with the build.

When my inspector comes to check my workshop I will obviously discuss the repair with him and get his opinions as how best to proceed with repairing the damage.

I would value any opinions and options from yourselves as to the best options to make a repair to the damage.

Many thanks taking the time in reading my post and I shall look forward to receiving your thoughts and solutions.

Kind regards
Fireflier

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

damage to fuselage.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.77 KB
 Viewed:  2516 Time(s)

damage to fuselage.JPG

brian.davies(at)clara.co.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: fuselage repair Reply with quote

Hi,

It is not possible to identify the exact location of the damage to the
fuselage from your picture. Obviously, some areas are highly stressed and
other areas are not. I think you have already answered you own question.
Talk to your inspector and get his advice on the best way to repair the
damage. It may require a repair scheme that needs LAA approval or it might
be possible to repair "using normal aviation practice".

Oh, and join the Europa Club so that you have access to a load of help when
building your Europa!

Go to www.theeuropaclub.org

Regards

Brian Davies

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

fireflier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: fuselage repair Reply with quote

Hello

Many thanks to everyone for their replies to my earlier question its much appreciated.

I have posted more photos showing roughly where the damage has occurred to the fuselage.

the space to take the photos was limited so they are still not great but didn't have anyone to help move the fuselage out to get better pictures sorry.

Looking inside the fuselage it appears to be on a part of the fuselage that does not have any foam as part of the fuselage construction, therefore I presume it is not part of the fuselage subjected to stress?

I have now joined the Europa club.

Many thanks for all your comments and suggestion's they are much appreciated.

Kind regards
fireflier

photo 3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.09 KB
 Viewed:  2484 Time(s)

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.26 KB
 Viewed:  2484 Time(s)

photo 2.JPG

craigb(at)onthenet.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: fuselage repair Reply with quote

The reason there is no foam at that location, is because that is where the
cockpit module will get bonded in
On the inside, which will add a lot more strength once it is installed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: