Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a DAR "standard"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotwheels

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Is there a DAR "standard"? Reply with quote

I listened closely stories of DAR inspections where the focus was on mirror / flashlight and compliance with ADs/SBs. So in anticipation, I removed all the access panels and most of the interior to allow easy access to view and inspect. Then the DAR showed up and asked why my plane wasn't "flight ready". He wasn't interested in much past a close look at the engine. He also wanted me to start the engine and taxi and to demonstrate that the instrumentation is working. Has anyone read the latest Air & Space? They have a write up of the DAR process and it reads closer to the mirror / flashlight inspection rather than focus on paperwork.

Is my experience unique? Have FAA DAR standards / focus changed due to recent NTSB reports perhaps?

Regards,
Jay

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Eric_Kallio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a DAR "standard"? Reply with quote

When I went through I had a very proactive DAR who wanted to make 3 visits. He charged me somewhere around $400 total and came out after I made contact with him to make first contact and talk with me about the process, look at the project, discuss what he was looking for, and he provided me with a packet of paperwork that would need to be completed before it was all said and done. On his second visit everything was opened up and he performed his flashlight and mirror inspection. He provided me with 3 lists of notes. One was a list of things that must be fixed before he would sign off (fortunately I had none). The second list were things that should be addressed no later than the next annual. Finally were just some notes. Eventually he came for a third visit where I had to start the engine and he verified the avionics and instruments came alive and that the engine and the nav/strobe/landing lights were functioning. It was a long process and he performed more than what he said was required of a DAR, but by the time I first flew the plane had been thoroughly looked over.

Eric

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: