Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest Lightning Newsletter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N1BZRich(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Latest Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Lightning community,
As I promised a while back, the latest Lightning Newsletter, "Hangar Talk", Issue 6-1 is attached in PDF file format for everyone to download and read. If for some reason you can not download it, Nick will soon have in published on the Lightning Web site along with the other past newsletters at: (http://flylightning.net/Newsletters.htm).
This is the first newsletter to be published in over a year, so there is a lot of news to cover, especially news from the factory. Also covered are the recent Sebring Light Sport Expo, some photos from last year's Lightning Homecoming, news from builders and flyers, reader feedback, upcoming events (like Sun N Fun), Safety, tech tips, Lightning skunk works, and a few other items. I hope everyone enjoys this issue.
I agreed to write this newsletter to help out the factory guys since they are way too busy to publish a newsletter on a regular basis. This will be the 37 issue that I have produced, the original 36 issues starting back in Feb 2008 were fun and allowed me to meet lots of the Lightning community. However, we need someone else to volunteer to take over the newsletter position. The only required qualification is that you be interested in the Lightning and want to share the info you get from the factory and other readers with the rest of the Lightning community. You will enjoy the experience and the chance to share information with lots of interesting people. Please give it some consideration and contact me or Nick and Mark at the factory.
I hope to see many of you at Sun N Fun - about two weeks away.
Blue Skies,
Buz

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
BobHaas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Latest Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Best News Letter of the year! As every one is asking, where can I get a horizontal stabilizer kit, when and how much? If the wind would slow down
a bit I wouldn’t have so much cross wind landing practice. Bob Haas, S/N 071 N330BH.

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 9:50 AM
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com (lightning-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Latest Lightning Newsletter

Lightning community,
As I promised a while back, the latest Lightning Newsletter, "Hangar Talk", Issue 6-1 is attached in PDF file format for everyone to download and read. If for some reason you can not download it, Nick will soon have in published on the Lightning Web site along with the other past newsletters at: (http://flylightning.net/Newsletters.htm).
This is the first newsletter to be published in over a year, so there is a lot of news to cover, especially news from the factory. Also covered are the recent Sebring Light Sport Expo, some photos from last year's Lightning Homecoming, news from builders and flyers, reader feedback, upcoming events (like Sun N Fun), Safety, tech tips, Lightning skunk works, and a few other items. I hope everyone enjoys this issue.
I agreed to write this newsletter to help out the factory guys since they are way too busy to publish a newsletter on a regular basis. This will be the 37 issue that I have produced, the original 36 issues starting back in Feb 2008 were fun and allowed me to meet lots of the Lightning community. However, we need someone else to volunteer to take over the newsletter position. The only required qualification is that you be interested in the Lightning and want to share the info you get from the factory and other readers with the rest of the Lightning community. You will enjoy the experience and the chance to share information with lots of interesting people. Please give it some consideration and contact me or Nick and Mark at the factory.
Blue Skies,
Buz

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lbmathias1(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Latest Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Buz,

Another great newsletter!  I admit that I skipped over the reports from Clive, Bernardo, and a couple others but the information you provided was great.  I finally got the Cub back to AKQ and the Lightning back to FKN on Saturday.   We are still looking for a Scott 2000 tailwheel in good shape if you happen to hear of one.   A couple of people at the breakfast on Saturday said they might have one and are looking.    The price and the exorbitant backorder time (40 weeks) has killed our plan to buy one from Aircraft Spruce or Univair.

Linda

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM, <N1BZRich(at)aol.com (N1BZRich(at)aol.com)> wrote:
[quote] Lightning community,
    As I promised a while back, the latest Lightning Newsletter, "Hangar Talk", Issue 6-1 is attached in PDF file format for everyone to download and read.  If for some reason you can not download it, Nick will soon have in published on the Lightning Web site along with the other past newsletters at:  (http://flylightning.net/Newsletters.htm). 
    This is the first newsletter to be published in over a year, so there is a lot of news to cover, especially news from the factory.  Also covered are the recent Sebring Light Sport Expo, some photos from last year's Lightning Homecoming, news from builders and flyers, reader feedback, upcoming events (like Sun N Fun), Safety, tech tips, Lightning skunk works, and a few other items.  I hope everyone enjoys this issue. 
    I agreed to write this newsletter to help out the factory guys since they are way too busy to publish a newsletter on a regular basis.  This will be the 37 issue that I have produced, the original 36 issues starting back in Feb 2008 were fun and allowed me to meet lots of the Lightning community.  However, we need someone else to volunteer to take over the newsletter position.  The only required qualification is that you be interested in the Lightning and want to share the info you get from the factory and other readers with the rest of the Lightning community.  You will enjoy the experience and the chance to share information with lots of interesting people.  Please give it some consideration and contact me or  Nick and Mark at the factory.
Blue Skies,
Buz

[b]

dwwilt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Latest Lightning Newsletter Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get you any information on my Spar Box replacement, but I am still working on it. I finally pulled the wings last week. This week I intend to pull the gear and then the spar box. I am still waiting on my seat rails (my side rails were glassed in) that are supposed to be drop shipped. I hope they show up soon. I had to build a wing cradle and now I need to build a table to align the gear in the new spar box like you show in the newsletter. I think it will take me as long or longer to do this repair than it took me to build the plane at Green Landings.
Blue Skies,

Dennis W. Wilt
N616DW (Arion Lightning S/N 132)
Sent from my iPad
On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:50 AM, N1BZRich(at)aol.com (N1BZRich(at)aol.com) wrote:

[quote] Lightning community,
Blue Skies,
Buz

<Newsletter 6-1.pdf>
[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: