Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gas struts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g-fizy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: gas struts Reply with quote

hi fellow Europa flyer's , I am fed up with banging my head on the falling door ,so before i am completely bald! has anyone got a contact for replacements

Many thanks Jim D

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ptag.dev(at)tiscali.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: gas struts Reply with quote

Hi! Jim D.
Check on the name on the strut I've had mine re-gassed by the original
suppliers but I forget the name ....I think they are in Croyden.
Regards
Bob Harrison.

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

LeeVaughan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: gas struts Reply with quote

I was looking for the same and sent the part number to the manufacturer here's their reply:

The part number you have looks correct at GS 8699-1.
Our records show that this was supplied complete with end fittings.
If you could take a look at this link http://www.industrialgassprings.com/uk/prod_info.asp?GS_No=F06-B hopefully this is the ball joint you have?
If not could you please advise, there is a very slim chance that you have an imperial thread rather than M5 stud.

If I can be of any further assistance please do contact me.

Best regards
James Godbold
Field Sales Manager
Industrial Gas Springs Ltd
Mobile 07768 490106  Direct 020 8646 6596 x702
james(at)igsltd.co.uk

 Sales 020 8646 6595  020 8646 6594
 22 Wates Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 4HR
www.industrialgassprings.com
Also Bansbach has what I'm told is an exact replacement as well.

Item #AF641-104 Description: B3B3F46-100-300--001/165N for $101.34 I ended up ordering this one and it has a 6 week lead time in the US. I haven't received it yet. One thing to note at least on the cylinder I have the end fittings are special in that it is an 8mm ball and imperial threads 10-32 which no one admits to having.

Cheers,

Lee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: gas struts Reply with quote

Hi! All
Yes, that was the outfit who recharged my gas struts, quick turnround and very obliging outfit.
Regards
Bob Harrison. G-PTAG

--

alainchabert(at)wanadoo.f

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: gas struts Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
Who is "the outfit" ?
I replaced mine with new one, but I kept the old.
Maybe I could re load them!
Regards
Alain CHABERT
e-mail : alainchabert(at)wanadoo.fr (alainchabert(at)wanadoo.fr)
Le 12/04/13 23:04, Bob Harrison a écrit :

[quote] [quote]--> Europa-List message posted by: "Bob Harrison" <ptag.dev(at)tiscali.co.uk> (ptag.dev(at)tiscali.co.uk) Hi! All Yes, that was the outfit who recharged my gas struts, quick turnround and very obliging outfit. Regards Bob Harrison. G-PTAG --

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: gas struts Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi! Alain,The name and address is at the bottom of Lee’s message. I’ve copied the details here and substituted the International Code in front of their phone numbers.Don’t remember having any problems over the attachment ball which the others are involved with but I can’t think that the ball wears since it is steel, but the socket on the ram end being plastic may need changing on a like for like basis which I think they do on a re-gass event anyway, but ask them.RegardsBob Harrison \G-PTAG James GodboldField Sales ManagerIndustrial Gas Springs LtdMobile 0044( 0)7768 490106                 Direct 0044(0)20 8646 6596 ex702 The name and address is at the bottom of Lee’s message. I’ve copied the details here and substituted the International Code in front of their phone numbers.
Quote:
The name and address is at the bottom of Lee’s message. I’ve copied the details here and substituted the International Code in front of their phone numbers.
Quote:
The name and address is at the bottom of Lee’s message. I’ve copied the details here and substituted the International Code in front of their phone numbers.
Quote:
Quote:

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Alain Chabert
Sent: 13 April 2013 08:31
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Re: gas struts

Hi Bob,
Who is "the outfit" ?
I replaced mine with new one, but I kept the old.
Maybe I could re load them!
Regards
Alain CHABERT
e-mail : alainchabert(at)wanadoo.fr (alainchabert(at)wanadoo.fr)

Le 12/04/13 23:04, Bob Harrison a écrit :
[quote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don’t remember having any problems over the attachment ball which the others are involved with but I can’t think that the ball wears since it is steel, but the socket on the ram end being plastic may need changing on a like for like basis which I think they do on a re-gass event anyway, but ask them.
Quote:
Don’t remember having any problems over the attachment ball which the others are involved with but I can’t think that the ball wears since it is steel, but the socket on the ram end being plastic may need changing on a like for like basis which I think they do on a re-gass event anyway, but ask them.
1[quote]--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: