Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M14R etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: M14R etc Reply with quote

To follow on from Jerry Painter’s posting about M14R, and to clarify:

We have the somewhat Russian position of having two higher-powered engines being made in the same city in Russia, but with rather different designs.

The M14R is carburetted and gives 450-hp.

The US Airflow system works well on the M14P family of engines but does need careful setting up to operate efficiently.  Also there are complications in terms of needing a higher-powered fuel pump; an electrical fuel pump for starting and for emergency use, as well as some aircraft changes.

We have run one M14PF (400-hp), and also an M14R with Airflow fuel injection, and giving very good results.  We would estimate at least 480-hp with the M14R, and quite astounding rate of climb in an Su-26.

The M9F delivers 435-hp in carburetted form.  The fuel injection version is not in production, but is giving 450-hp, and probably more before production standard is established.

If anyone wants more information on these engines do contact us.
  Richard Goode

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Lyonshall
Herefordshire
HR5 3LW
United Kingdom

Tel:    +44 (0) 1544 340120
Mob:  +44 (0) 7768 610389
Fax:   +44 (0) 1544 340129
www.russianaeros.com

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
schwartzcompany(at)worldn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: M14R etc Reply with quote

Hello:

Do any of these new Russian M14 engines with the higher HP, improve the cruise performance on a standard YAK 52?

Robert E. Schwartz
President
THE SCHWARTZ COMPANY MIDWEST
Commercial Real Estate Services
2406 East Pleasant Street
Davenport, Iowa USA 52803
Tel: (563) 322-2228  Fax: (563) 359-7769 Cell: (563) 940-8600
Email: schwartzcompany(at)worldnet.att.net (schwartzcompany(at)worldnet.att.net)

This information is intended for the use of individual named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the content of this information is strictly prohibited.
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: M14R etc Reply with quote

Robert,
Get a 50. They are slicker than greased owl #$^%. You'll get 20 to 30 clicks faster cruise at Nominal 1 or 2 burning 11 - 12 gallons/ hour. And they climb like home sick angles.
Doc

[quote] ---

johnhilterman1(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: M14R etc Reply with quote

And I have one for sale.  Immaculate 1984 YAK-50 listed on Barnstormers and Trade-a-Plane.

Hitman

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Roger Kemp
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 2:50 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: M14R etc

Robert,

Get a 50. They are slicker than greased owl #$^%. You'll get 20 to 30 clicks faster cruise at Nominal 1 or 2 burning 11 - 12 gallons/ hour. And they climb like home sick angles.

Doc

[quote]
---

cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: M14R etc Reply with quote

>
>Hello:
Quote:

Do any of these new Russian M14 engines with the higher HP, improve the
cruise performance on a standard YAK 52?
Robert E. Schwartz

Robert, it has been reported that the Yak-18T gains performance from this engine by allowing a higher altitude cruise, should work for the -52, just add O2 . OTOH, the -TD conversion, a tailwind and a downhill glideslope  are the only other known ways to speed up a Yak-52. Perhaps a gaggle of Geese hitched to each wingtip :>)

Craig Payne
cpayne(at)joimail.com (cpayne(at)joimail.com)

jimscjs(at)mbay.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: M14R etc Reply with quote

A rocket engine would not help the Cruise on the 52.
Jim
[quote] ---

fish(at)aviation-tech.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: M14R etc Reply with quote

Jim,

I would like to disagreee, the F-4 proved with enough power even a brick can
fly!

With a rocket you would gain a large cruise advantage, for a short time.

About a month after completing AF Flight Engineer School for C-130, I got a
ride on the Blue Angeles C-130 (Fat Albert). I was on the flight deck when they
lit off their JATO bottles. The C-130 gained the most perf I had seen in a C-130
yet, and then went on to do things I did not beleive the 130 could do.

I am glad that I had that opertunity to fly a C-130 that way before deploying
to Qutar to fly combat missions. When we made our first landing at bagdad international
airport, it was like I was back on Fat Albert, only this time I was the Engineer
responsiable for the aircraft.

Fly Safe
John Fischer
[quote]

A rocket engine would not help the Cruise on the 52.
Jim
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: