Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miyer2u

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

Kolbers,
I have to replace two of my current 3 blade 72" IVO Props because of the microburst impact for my Rotax 503.

Should I switch to a 3 blade warp drive or just stick to IVO. On the forum I have heard good things on the warp drive prop and since they cost almost the same, I wanted some input from you all and then proceed ahead!

Thanks in advance!

Mahesh Iyer
FS-2, Rotax -503

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

Should I switch to a 3 blade warp drive or just stick to
IVO. On the forum I have heard good things on the warp drive
prop and since they cost almost the same, I wanted some
input from you all and then proceed ahead!

Thanks in advance!

Mahesh Iyer
FS-2, Rotax -503

Mahesh/Kolbers:

If I was in your shoes, I'd go with a two blade Warp Drive.
Been flying with Warp Drive since 1993. That equates to
well over 3,000 hours on my old MKIII without a prop
problem.

john h
mkIII
Somewhere between KC, MO, and Lincoln, NE.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
miyer2u

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

Thanks John.
What was the length of your prop?
Will it give me the same thrust as a three blade IVO. Are there any advantages, disadvantages of a two blade vs a three blade?

Appreciate your input!

Mahesh

John Hauck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

What was the length of your prop?
Will it give me the same thrust as a three blade IVO. Are
there any advantages, disadvantages of a two blade vs a
three blade?

Appreciate your input!

Mahesh

Mahesh/Kolbers:

Talk with Daryl at Warp Drive. He will give you the correct
length.

The two blade Warp has several advantages over the three
blade:

-weight savings of one blade.

-overall height of the aircraft is reduced for storage.

john h
mkIII
Grand Island, NE

Titus, Alabama
rowedenny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

A friend who has run both has told me the Warp produced a lot more thrust than a same sized Ivo on a 503 Phantom he used to own.
The Warp is way tougher.

Dennis "Skid" Rowe
Mk3, 690L-70, Leechburg, PA

On Jun 15, 2013, at 4:23 PM, "miyer2u" <miyer2u(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

Quote:

Kolbers,
I have to replace two of my current 3 blade 72" IVO Props because of the microburst impact for my Rotax 503.

Should I switch to a 3 blade warp drive or just stick to IVO. On the forum I have heard good things on the warp drive prop and since they cost almost the same, I wanted some input from you all and then proceed ahead!

Thanks in advance!

Mahesh Iyer
FS-2, Rotax -503

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=402755#402755

HShack(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

In a message dated 6/16/2013 12:41:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, miyer2u(at)yahoo.com writes:
Quote:
I have a 2.28 'B' Box and my current prop is a 3 blade 72 Inch IVO.
It has never given me an issues in the last 8 years, Did well on climb and cruise, but if there something better out there in the market then I will surely like to try it out!

Mahesh

Check with the Warp factory, but I think you will find the Warp is way too heavy for a "B" box.

Having said that, I ran a 68" 3 blade Warp with taper tips on my FS II.. I had a "C" box w/ 3.47=1 ratio.
I could out=climb every other FS around. It is the toughest prop there is.

Shack
Quote:

[quote][b]

Thumper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

Mahesh I have run both props in these recomendations. The cruise was faster on the two blade Warp by 3 or 4mph but the IVO better in take off. the IVO was definately noticably smoother. On a Mark III or heavy airplane I would definately use the Warp but for an Ulltralight I prefer the smoother IVO. I have recently swapped my 3 Blade 60" IVO onto a 503 powered Firestar KXP that had a 64" Warp tapered tip and that owner really liked the IVO better but could not afford at at this time. I have it for sale for $350 plus shipping. It is in excellant shape with all new quick adjust hub 67 hours ago. I kept it when I sold my Firestar several years ago intending to use it on my next UL but bought a Mark III instead. I do like the Warp for its durability but liked the IVO better on the Firestar. Both good props for that airplane. You can contact me off list if you want it. PS 2.58-1 was the gearbox ratio on mine and the 503 that we just installed it on.
Dennis Long

Previously Kolb Mark IIIC, 94 Firestar, 84 Ultrastar.
1200+hours since 1/1/2009
miyer2u

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: IVO Prop Vs Warp Drive - Rotax 503 - FS2 - Advice Reply with quote

Thank you all!

Mahesh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: