Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fly-In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yourtcfg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

With the economy being such as it is we are trying to be sensitive to costs for the fly-in. Would like your input on whether you would like to stay in a nice hotel in downtown Chattanooga. The downtown area is very vibrant with many things to do within walking distance and Kevin Coons has been able to secure us an excellent rate of $115 (plus tax) at a very nice downtown hotel. If cost is a concern we can stay near the airport for a rate of less than $80 -- of course it would not have the same ambiance as downtown.

Anyhoo, would love to hear your thoughts within the next few days so we can get it settled.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

G'day Jim & Sue,

My tickets are booked for the long haul from downunder!

Either accommodation is ok for me - I guess I am a 'fence-sitter' on this one.

Here's a tip though: I know Buddy Windham would want to stay at the cheaper establishment...he'll be feeling 'out of sorts' because of his looooong commute down from Michigan...

Cheers from Oz

Russell

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM, <yourtcfg(at)aol.com (yourtcfg(at)aol.com)> wrote:
[quote] Hey Folks,

With the economy being such as it is we are trying to be sensitive to costs for the fly-in.  Would like your input on whether you would like to stay in a nice hotel in downtown Chattanooga.  The downtown area is very vibrant with many things to do within walking distance and Kevin Coons has been able to secure us an excellent rate of $115 (plus tax) at a very nice downtown hotel.  If cost is a concern we can stay near the airport for a rate of less than $80 -- of course it would not have the same ambiance as downtown. 

Anyhoo, would love to hear your thoughts within the next few days so we can get it settled. 
Quote:

" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
ttp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Bob.Steele(at)kzf.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Downtown sounds like the place to be.

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of yourtcfg(at)aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:41 PM
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Fly-In

Hey Folks,

With the economy being such as it is we are trying to be sensitive to costs for the fly-in. Would like your input on whether you would like to stay in a nice hotel in downtown Chattanooga. The downtown area is very vibrant with many things to do within walking distance and Kevin Coons has been able to secure us an excellent rate of $115 (plus tax) at a very nice downtown hotel. If cost is a concern we can stay near the airport for a rate of less than $80 -- of course it would not have the same ambiance as downtown.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

swperk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Hi all,

I’d prefer to stay at the downtown hotel.

Stan Perkins

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of yourtcfg(at)aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:41 PM

Hey Folks,

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

moe-rosspistons(at)hotmai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Let's go downtown where the bright lights are. 
Now see here JB, if you really want to help keep the cost down, find someone there to sell some cheap 100LL  (sorry Stan I guess that won't help you much).
Regards,
Moe Mills
N680RR
680F(p)
Subject: RE: Fly-In
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:48:11 -0700
Hi all,

Stan Perkins

Subject: Commander-List: Fly-In

Hey Folks,

With the economy being such as it is we are trying to be sensitive to costs for the fly-in.  Would like your input on whether you would like to stay in a nice hotel in downtown Chattanooga.  The downtown area is very vibrant with many things to do within walking distance and Kevin Coons has been able to secure us an excellent rate of $115 (plus tax) at a very nice downtown hotel.  If cost is a concern we can stay near the airport for a rate of less than $80 -- of course it would not have the same ambiance as downtown. 

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[quote][b]

Heron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Hi,
My name is John Ives, I will probably come to he convention if I can ever get out of Bangledesh.
Currently sitting here with a blown engine on my new commander 685 ENROUTE to Australia.
I read with interest the comments about fuel price Egypt, Saudi, Oman, Karachi all were $27 per US gallon. We uplifted 250 to 270 gallons a time. Never again will I complain about fuel prices.

Sent from my iPad

On 17/07/2013, at 9:13 AM, "Moe Mills" <moe-rosspistons(at)hotmail.com (moe-rosspistons(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote] Hi Everyone,

Now see here JB, if you really want to help keep the cost down, find someone there to sell some cheap 100LL  (sorry Stan I guess that won't help you much).
Regards,
Moe Mills
N680RR
680F(p)
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com (commander-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: RE: Commander-List: Fly-In
Hi all,

Stan Perkins

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of yourtcfg(at)aol.com (yourtcfg(at)aol.com)

Hey Folks,

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[quote][b]

aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

G'day John,

At least you are not looking for Heron parts!!

Which 685 did you purchase?

Cheers and regards

Russell

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

[quote] Hi,

My name is John Ives, I will probably come to he convention if I can ever
get out of Bangledesh.

Currently sitting here with a blown engine on my new commander 685 ENROUTE
to Australia.

I read with interest the comments about fuel price Egypt, Saudi, Oman,
Karachi all were $27 per US gallon. We uplifted 250 to 270 gallons a time

Heron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

N9199N
Good aircraft, just bad luck.
John

Sent from my iPad

On 17/07/2013, at 10:32 AM, "Russell Legg" <aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM (aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM)> wrote:
[quote]G'day John,

Cheers and regards

Russell
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com (seafever32(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote] Hi,

My name is John Ives, I will probably come to he convention if I can ever get out of Bangledesh.

Currently sitting here with a blown engine on my new commander 685 ENROUTE to Australia.

I read with interest the comments about fuel price Egypt, Saudi, Oman, Karachi all were $27 per US gallon. We uplifted 250 to 270 gallons a time. Never again will I complain about fuel prices.

Sent from my iPad

On 17/07/2013, at 9:13 AM, "Moe Mills" <moe-rosspistons(at)hotmail.com (moe-rosspistons(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Regards,
Moe Mills
N680RR
680F(p)

Hi all,

Stan Perkins

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of yourtcfg(at)aol.com (yourtcfg(at)aol.com)

Hey Folks,

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]

aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Great John - congratulations - there is a wealth of Model 685 experience here among members.

Trust you get the issue sorted soon - do you have a VH-  reserved?

Cheers

Russell
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com (seafever32(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote] N9199N

John

Sent from my iPad

On 17/07/2013, at 10:32 AM, "Russell Legg" <aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM (aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM)> wrote:

Quote:
G'day John,

Cheers and regards

Russell

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com (seafever32(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Regards,
Moe Mills
N680RR
680F(p)

Hi all,

Stan Perkins

Hey Folks,

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]

Heron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Yes VH NJT
After all both Herons were NJI and NJP

Sent from my iPad

On 17/07/2013, at 11:05 AM, "Russell Legg" <aero560e(at)gmail.com (aero560e(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Great John - congratulations - there is a wealth of Model 685 experience here among members.

Cheers

Russell
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com (seafever32(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote] N9199N

John

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
G'day John,

Cheers and regards

Russell

Quote:
Hi,

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Regards,
Moe Mills
N680RR
680F(p)

Hi all,

Stan Perkins

Hey Folks,

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]

aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

That's fantastic - I photographed the Alice Springs airframe back in December - glad they were able to secure it.

The 685 (as have the older 680FL's) have more recently languished on the US market and in the main have dropped price significantly. Hopefully you benefited from that. An old pal has N685TT based in Apple Valley California and loves it to death. Gary Gadberry (Chattanooga) has been involved with 685's for a long time - it would be good for you to get along to the Flyin this year.

Unfortunately the last one in Oz was recently parted out up at Maroochydore - VH-FVR I think it was (without checking) - it originally was flying with Autobake P/L out of Bankstown as VH-KCH - Kevin Hicks was the owner - GAM at Essendon purchased the airframe and parted it out - they may have some of the parts that were recovered.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com (seafever32(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote] Yes VH NJT

After all both Herons were NJI and NJP

Sent from my iPad

On 17/07/2013, at 11:05 AM, "Russell Legg" <aero560e(at)gmail.com (aero560e(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Great John - congratulations - there is a wealth of Model 685 experience here among members.

Cheers

Russell
Quote:
N9199N

John

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
G'day John,

Cheers and regards

Russell

Quote:
Hi,

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Regards,
Moe Mills
N680RR
680F(p)

Hi all,

Stan Perkins

Hey Folks,

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]

Heron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

Yes I know about FVJ, I am trying to borrow one of the engines from GAM to get back to Australia

[quote][b]

aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

G'day John,

There are at least two airworthy 685's still operating in Manilla, Phillipines - one is maintained in Cebu City.

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com (seafever32(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]
Yes I know about FVJ, I am trying to borrow one of the engines from GAM to get back to Australia

Quote:

[b]

Heron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

What I have is an engine that needs to be split and probably the main bearings replaced. I don't suppose you know anyone in Asia that can do this ie the Phillipines

Sent from my iPad

On 17/07/2013, at 11:43 AM, "Russell Legg" <aero560e(at)gmail.com (aero560e(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]G'day John,

There are at least two airworthy 685's still operating in Manilla, Phillipines - one is maintained in Cebu City.

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM, John Ives <seafever32(at)hotmail.com (seafever32(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

[b]

aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Fly-In Reply with quote

John,

My best contact in PI is Nerio Giangan (see below) - pls give him a call - very helpful and will know where to point you. Ask for Dindo if Nerio unavailable.

Cheers

Russell

nerio m giangan
pams accountable manager

Professional Air Maintenance Services
Lot 12, General Aviation Area, MCIAA, Pajac, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
Email: pa.maint_services(at)yahoo.com.ph (pa.maint_services(at)yahoo.com.ph)
Tel # / Fax: (032) 495-7654
Approved Maintenance Organization with Certificate # 55-04

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: