Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aero Thane Pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undoctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Aero Thane Pain Reply with quote

G'day Kolbers,

I was out pulling maintenance on my Exmark and with the heat and
hunidity so high I was looking for a reason to go inside in the AC.
Found the reason!!

I bought a quart of Aero Thane Christen Eagle Blue #177 for my FlagFly
and discovered upon receipt that what I needed was Insignia Blue. In
the interim my hangar/trailer rolled in Hurricane Sandy and the can of
Christen Eagle Blue got badly dented. No leaks, but it sure is dented.

I have no use for it and would like to see it get used, so if anyone
would be interested in almost a quart of paint in a can you'll probably
have to replace once you open the lid, make an offer.

Just about done with repairs from the hurricane, must finish new gap
seal and tailwheel yet and I'll be aloft.

Dave Kulp
Bethlehem, PA
FireFly 11DMMK

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
rickofudall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Aero Thane Pain Reply with quote

Dave, Happy to hear the Flag Fly is up and about to be air born again. Congratulations.Wish I had a use for the paint. Aerothane is a catalyzed urethane it just has for chemical agents to keep it flexible when used on fabric. Otherwise it's not much different from other paints of its type that are used on ground bound vehicles. You might try good old Craig's List to sell it local. Some hot rodder looking to do some graphics or such might take it off your hands without the trouble of shipping. Lots of pictures of before and after when you return to flight, please. I'm going to do an article on homebuilts from the standpoint of major repairs such as yours.

Yours,
Rick Girard
do not archive

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, David Kulp <undoctor(at)ptd.net (undoctor(at)ptd.net)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: David Kulp <undoctor(at)ptd.net (undoctor(at)ptd.net)>

G'day Kolbers,

I was out pulling maintenance on my Exmark and with the heat and hunidity so high I was looking for a reason to go inside in the AC. Found the reason!!

I bought a quart of Aero Thane Christen Eagle Blue #177 for my FlagFly and discovered upon receipt that what I needed was Insignia Blue.  In the interim my hangar/trailer rolled in Hurricane Sandy and the can of Christen Eagle Blue got badly dented.  No leaks, but it sure is dented.

I have no use for it and would like to see it get used, so if anyone would be interested in almost a quart of paint in a can you'll probably have to replace once you open the lid, make an offer.

Just about done with repairs from the hurricane, must finish new gap seal and tailwheel yet and I'll be aloft.

Dave Kulp
Bethlehem, PA
FireFly 11DMMK

====================================
arget="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
http://forums.matronics.com
le, List Admin.
="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

--
Zulu Delta
Mk IIIC
Thanks, Homer GBYM
It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy.
  - Groucho Marx

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: