Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures of Seats - Work in Progress - for J. Cooley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Bickham

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Pictures of Seats - Work in Progress - for J. Cooley Reply with quote

Hello List,

Here are a few pictures of some seats that I am working on. Again it this is the result of a few other peoples ideas.

Wanted to make some new seats that are:

1) Crashworthy - if I had sling seats back in 04, may not be walking yet!
2) lighter than old ones that were crashworthy.
3) they have to fit.
4) a little more comfortable.

Could not find anything that fit the criteria, so decided to make my own.

The pictures are a little out of focus. Sorry, I'm not Big Lar ( That is a compliment, Larry). But you get the idea if your interested. I did resize them!

Seats are made of 4130 Chrome tubing with .063" aluminum pan. The second picure is taped up with one layer of blue painters tape and then a layer of aluminum duct tape. This gives it the form for fiberglassing.
Next step is to fiberglass them with a freinds help (Bruce W.).

This will lift for access and will be removeable (ala John/Jim Hauck)

This one is for John Cooley. I ain't giving up on the list. The List has been a valuable resource for me over the years. Granted, there used to be a lot more content about building and flying Kolbs. I did like that more better. I have been disappointed lately like a lot of folks. Some really knowledgeable people have given up on the list because of the BS. That is a shame but I can't blame them and do understand. I learned a lot from them and they have a lot to offer. But on the outside chance that there is someone out there (like me when I first started) that is wanting to read about building and flying Kolbs, I'm not giving up. I'll keep posting my efforts, my "dumb ideas", and other people's good ideas that I have learned mostly on this list. They may stimulate a better idea. Sorry about that rant, I'm done.

Fly safe, keep the faith.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=291568&ck=

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

HPIM0718 (Medium).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.22 KB
 Viewed:  290 Time(s)

HPIM0718 (Medium).jpg

HPIM0717 (Medium).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.32 KB
 Viewed:  284 Time(s)

HPIM0717 (Medium).jpg

John Bickham
Mark III-C w/ 912UL
St. Francisville, LA

I know many pilots and a few true aviators. There is a distinct difference that I have the greatest respect for.
John Hauck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Pictures of Seats - Work in Progress - for J. Cooley Reply with quote

John B:

I like your seats, especially the sheet aluminum pan. May save your
butt some day.

john h
mkIII

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Titus, Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: