Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Location of Batteries and Master Relays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Location of Batteries and Master Relays Reply with quote

Bob,

I am planning on using the Z14 wiring for the FADEC electronic ignition. I am going to use two Odyssey PC680 batteries to be located under the pilot/co-pilot seats. There is plenty of room for upright installation with ample room to also install the master relays, crossover relay, and starter contactor and voltage regulators as well. I will also have the wing leveler autopilot servo in the same area. This is essentially dead space that is not usable for storage.

The question is do you see any issues with having all the relays, contactors, and voltage regulators located under the seats in the same area? Past experience with batteries have proven keeping them inside greatly extends their life but not sure if there are other issues I am not considering. There is plenty of room, lots more than behind the firewall and more accessible too.

Thanks,

Bob Reed

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
ronburnett(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Location of Batteries and Master Relays Reply with quote

What type of aircraft?
Sent from my iPadMay you have the blessings of the Lord today.
On Sep 16, 2013, at 6:04 PM, Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:
[quote]Bob,

I am planning on using the Z14 wiring for the FADEC electronic ignition. I am going to use two Odyssey PC680 batteries to be located under the pilot/co-pilot seats. There is plenty of room for upright installation with ample room to also install the master relays, crossover relay, and starter contactor and voltage regulators as well.  I will also have the wing leveler autopilot servo in the same area.  This is essentially dead space that is not usable for storage.

The question is do you see any issues with having all the relays, contactors, and voltage regulators located under the seats in the same area? Past experience with batteries have proven keeping them inside greatly extends their life but not sure if there are other issues I am not considering. There is plenty of room, lots more than behind the firewall and more accessible too.

Thanks,

Bob Reed

Quote:

===================================
st">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
cs.com
matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Location of Batteries and Master Relays Reply with quote

KIS Super Cruiser low wing fiberglass four place.

Bob Reed
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2013, at 6:48 PM, Ron Burnett <ronburnett(at)charter.net (ronburnett(at)charter.net)> wrote:
[quote]What type of aircraft?
Sent from my iPadMay you have the blessings of the Lord today.
On Sep 16, 2013, at 6:04 PM, Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:
Quote:
Bob,

I am planning on using the Z14 wiring for the FADEC electronic ignition.  I am going to use two Odyssey PC680 batteries to be located under the pilot/co-pilot seats. There is plenty of room for upright installation with ample room to also install the master relays, crossover relay, and starter contactor and voltage regulators as well. I will also have the wing leveler autopilot servo in the same area. This is essentially dead space that is not usable for storage.

Thanks,

Bob Reed

Quote:

cs.com

cs.com

[b]

nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Location of Batteries and Master Relays Reply with quote

At 06:04 PM 9/16/2013, you wrote:
Quote:
Bob,

I am planning on using the Z14 wiring for the FADEC electronic
ignition. I am going to use two Odyssey PC680 batteries to be
located under the pilot/co-pilot seats. There is plenty of room for
upright installation with ample room to also install the master
relays, crossover relay, and starter contactor and voltage
regulators as well. I will also have the wing leveler autopilot
servo in the same area. This is essentially dead space that is not
usable for storage.

Suggest the cross tie contactor be on the fire wall.
"All roads used to lead to Rome", all systems lead to
the cross-feed contactor . . . good place to tie
alternator and bus feeders.

Quote:

The question is do you see any issues with having all the relays,
contactors, and voltage regulators located under the seats in the
same area? Past experience with batteries have proven keeping them
inside greatly extends their life but not sure if there are other
issues I am not considering. There is plenty of room, lots more
than behind the firewall and more accessible too.

Under the seats is fine as far as I can see . . .
others may have some caveats to offer. If the
batteries are there, then the battery busses could
be there too since you are obviously planning for
handy access.
Bob . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: