Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Todd McCutchan Yak 50 parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwade154(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Todd McCutchan Yak 50 parts Reply with quote

Hi Todd I see you have rubber parts on your list of things to replace if your referring to hoses I just went through that procedure took 3 months to get er done. Every one I contacted said send me your hoses (EVERYONE) none of the part suppliers has a set of hoses on the shelve ready to ship at a reasonable price. The Yak hose if unaltered from the factory has a reusable fitting and they are pretty easy to remove and reinstall on new hose mandrels would come in handy but to find them with the right size tread and bevel would be impossible they would have to be made, I think if I had to do it again I would find the hose and replace it myself as Jim suggested, just have to find a way to lock the B-nut down.
When I started my search Jill came to the top of the list even the Yak factory suggested I contact Jill but I felt the quote was HIGH for having MY hoses replaced It would have been acceptable for an outright sale and I keep my old hoses, In her defense though she does go the extra mile and sends the fitting out for cleaning and annealing? they look like AN fittings when done (light blue). I went with Cliff Coy As the Coy's are in my back yard when I'm in NY and able to drive to their facility.
When I contacted Termikas they said sure send us all 28 hoses and I thought to myself wow 28 hoses where are the hidden hoses well the fuel lines under your ass and all the air hoses in the wing for the landing gear ya there's quite a few.
During my search I visited many (many) hose manufacturer's actually just visited one today over in Sarasota Florida BAT Inc eric(at)batinc.net (eric(at)batinc.net) send him some fittings and place some orders. Sure would be nice to place an order get the hoses swap them out in a day or two and go flying.
Richard had the best response to my inquires (attached)
Hi Bill,

I haven't checked the earlier correspondence, but it is a Ron Green now running the parts at Russian Engineering. But I can say that they have no hoses.

The problem is that there was only a limited number of spare metal ends, and in historic times, the overhaul factories in Russia had sufficient to circulate these, but now no one has spares. So, in order to make new hoses, we need to have the old ends. Then the metric hose material – you cannot use a Western analogue – has become incredibly expensive.

We make new hoses with our partner, Aerometal in Hungary, and although we are just revising our prices, I would have thought that the complete set for a 52 at $2700 is about right. Of course we can make them for you, but there is the additional expense of sending your hoses across to Europe, and then back again, so I suspect it would not make sense.

But please come back to me if you think I can help more.

With regards to paragraph Richard

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Bill Wade N4450Y

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
McFly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Todd McCutchan Yak 50 parts Reply with quote

Thanks Bill. Very informative. I was not aware there were 28. I was warned already by several people (Richard being one of them) to be sure to keep all the fittings as there aren’t any more.

Looks like my adventure into the Yak’s / Experimental is just beginning.

Todd McCutchan
Fast Aircraft
T-34A & Yak-50

Cell - 260.402.1740

Email:  todd(at)fastaircraft.com (todd(at)fastaircraft.com)
Web:  www.fastaircraft.com & www.toddmccutchanairshows.com

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of bill wade
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:30 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Todd McCutchan Yak 50 parts

Hi Todd I see you have rubber parts on your list of things to replace if your referring to hoses I just went through that procedure took 3 months to get er done. Every one I contacted said send me your hoses (EVERYONE) none of the part suppliers has a set of hoses on the shelve ready to ship at a reasonable price. The Yak hose if unaltered from the factory has a reusable fitting and they are pretty easy to remove and reinstall on new hose mandrels would come in handy but to find them with the right size tread and bevel would be impossible they would have to be made, I think if I had to do it again I would find the hose and replace it myself as Jim suggested, just have to find a way to lock the B-nut down.

When I started my search Jill came to the top of the list even the Yak factory suggested I contact Jill but I felt the quote was HIGH for having MY hoses replaced It would have been acceptable for an outright sale and I keep my old hoses, In her defense though she does go the extra mile and sends the fitting out for cleaning and annealing? they look like AN fittings when done (light blue). I went with Cliff Coy As the Coy's are in my back yard when I'm in NY and able to drive to their facility.

When I contacted Termikas they said sure send us all 28 hoses and I thought to myself wow 28 hoses where are the hidden hoses well the fuel lines under your ass and all the air hoses in the wing for the landing gear ya there's quite a few.

During my search I visited many (many) hose manufacturer's actually just visited one today over in Sarasota Florida BAT Inc eric(at)batinc.net (eric(at)batinc.net) send him some fittings and place some orders. Sure would be nice to place an order get the hoses swap them out in a day or two and go flying.

Richard had the best response to my inquires (attached)

Hi Bill,

I haven't checked the earlier correspondence, but it is a Ron Green now running the parts at Russian Engineering. But I can say that they have no hoses.

The problem is that there was only a limited number of spare metal ends, and in historic times, the overhaul factories in Russia had sufficient to circulate these, but now no one has spares. So, in order to make new hoses, we need to have the old ends. Then the metric hose material – you cannot use a Western analogue – has become incredibly expensive.

We make new hoses with our partner, Aerometal in Hungary, and although we are just revising our prices, I would have thought that the complete set for a 52 at $2700 is about right. Of course we can make them for you, but there is the additional expense of sending your hoses across to Europe, and then back again, so I suspect it would not make sense.

But please come back to me if you think I can help more.

With regards to paragraph Richard

Richard Goode Aerobatics

Rhodds Farm

Bill Wade N4450Y

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

KDVT Hangar 33-13

Cell - 260.402.1740

Email: todd@fastaircraft.com
Web: www.fastaircraft.com & www.flyams.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: