Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb-List Digest:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgreen(at)bimi.org

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: Reply with quote

Who are the "they" who short change buyers on fabric? I have dealt with The Millers and have always received prompt service and exactly what I ordered and for what I paid.
In all honesty, if they and other providers know someone is just seeking information on amounts of fabric, etc. they probably do not respond as well as they would if a person is serious about purchasing their products. I can not speak for them or anyone but myself, but if my livelihood depended on selling fabric and certain products I would probably respond in a similar manner. They make their living in a very competitive market selling Poli-fiber products. I personally have tried to respect that fact with all the providers with which I deal. Poli-fiber seems costly but I have inspected and worked on other fabric covered planes and am convinced that Poli-fiber will last more than 15-20 years if applied correctly and it is definitely easy to apply, even for those working with fabric for the first time... like I was.

Many years ago when I was buying an airplane from a friend I kept prodding him to come down on the price. He reminded me that he could not stay in business if he donated all his time and products, etc.
I have nothing but respect for Jim and Dondi... if they are by chance the "they" mentioned. I do not mean to offend anyone and I know that even the greatest vendor drops the ball at some time or another, but they have never dropped it in my case.

I had to order more fabric because of a mistake I made and I also used more materials because it was my first fabric job.
Just my two cents worth... and it is free. Of course I have been told by some good friends that I don't have enough "cents" (sense) to be givining any away. Smile
Bob
N830PB,
MKIII Extra

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
rowedenny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: Reply with quote

I should have chimed in sooner on this.
I have had the same experience as Bob with Jim and Dondi Miller. They are true class acts.
I look forward to someday soon covering our 48 C-170's wings with products purchased from these fine folks at Aircraft Technical Support.

Dennis "Skid" Rowe
Mk3, 690L-70, Leechburg, PA

Quote:
On Dec 13, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Bob Green <bgreen(at)bimi.org> wrote:

Who are the "they" who short change buyers on fabric? I have dealt with The Millers and have always received prompt service and exactly what I ordered and for what I paid.
In all honesty, if they and other providers know someone is just seeking information on amounts of fabric, etc. they probably do not respond as well as they would if a person is serious about purchasing their products. I can not speak for them or anyone but myself, but if my livelihood depended on selling fabric and certain products I would probably respond in a similar manner. They make their living in a very competitive market selling Poli-fiber products. I personally have tried to respect that fact with all the providers with which I deal. Poli-fiber seems costly but I have inspected and worked on other fabric covered planes and am convinced that Poli-fiber will last more than 15-20 years if applied correctly and it is definitely easy to apply, even for those working with fabric for the first time... like I was.

Many years ago when I was buying an airplane from a friend I kept prodding him to come down on the price. He reminded me that he could not stay in business if he donated all his time and products, etc.
I have nothing but respect for Jim and Dondi... if they are by chance the "they" mentioned. I do not mean to offend anyone and I know that even the greatest vendor drops the ball at some time or another, but they have never dropped it in my case.

I had to order more fabric because of a mistake I made and I also used more materials because it was my first fabric job.
Just my two cents worth... and it is free. Of course I have been told by some good friends that I don't have enough "cents" (sense) to be givining any away. Smile
Bob
N830PB,
MKIII Extra

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: Reply with quote

Poli-fiber seems costly but I have inspected and worked on other fabric
covered planes and am convinced that Poli-fiber will last more than 15-20
years if applied correctly and it is definitely easy to apply, even for
those working with fabric for the first time... like I was.

I have nothing but respect for Jim and Dondi... if they are by chance the
"they" mentioned. I do not mean to offend anyone and I know that even the
greatest vendor drops the ball at some time or another, but they have never
dropped it in my case.

Bob
N830PB,
MKIII Extra

Bob G/Kolbers:

I covered my MKIII 23 years ago with Polyfiber. In 2000, after tearing up a
wing aileron, and flap, during a crash at Muncho Lake, BC, Jim and Dondi
Miller came to my rescue. They were at the Kolb Homecoming that year, as
well as Homer and Clara Kolb. I shared my unsuccessful flight to Alaska
with the group of Kolbers attending. At the end of my briefing, Jim Miller
stood up and informed me that he and Dondi would provide me with all fabric,
paint, and material to recover the wing, aileron, and flap, at no charge.
And that also included shipping. I will never forget and will always be
grateful for their extreme generosity. With their help, The New Kolb
Aircraft, and a few others, I was successful in flying to Point Barrow,
Alaska, the following year.

I echo Bob Green's sentiments about Jim and Dondi. They have always gone
out of their way to help all of their customers that I am aware of.

And one thing for sure. You will always get a tremendous hug from Dondi.
She is a exceptionally good hugger.

By the way, the fabric on my right wing, aileron, flap, rudder, horizontal
stabilizer, and fuselage are original 1991 fabric and paint. The left wing,
aileron, flap and vertical stabilizer were covered and painted in 2000.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Titus, Alabama
Rick Lewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Kolb-List Digest: Reply with quote

Jim and Dondi, at poly fiber are great people to deal with and wouldn.t buy from anyone else. I did come up 15' short on fabric and had to buy more. I was supper conservative on my cuts and wasted none but yet came up short. Brian, at Kolb, said others and himself have seen this shortage of fabric and I should say something about it in hopes to have this corrected. Please don't think that I am mad at the poly people as I am not, but thought all should know about this.....

(VW Watercooled Engine)
herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: Reply with quote

all

why use poly fiber at 8 to 13 bucks a yard...when peel ply in both
weight's that we require are under 4 bucks? Aircraft spruce called it
uncertified at one time...it is now called peel ply.... ever frugal Herb

herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: Reply with quote

Also would like to note that Aircraft Spruce ships gallons of poly
products with no haz material charge... that could be expensive...Herb
On 12/14/2013 02:14 PM, Herb wrote:
Quote:

all

why use poly fiber at 8 to 13 bucks a yard...when peel ply in both
weight's that we require are under 4 bucks? Aircraft spruce called
it uncertified at one time...it is now called peel ply.... ever frugal
Herb

bgreen(at)bimi.org

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: Reply with quote

Thanks all.
Bob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: