Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: New video Reply with quote

I have been fooling with the exposure of my Drift camera. I have been unhappy at the quality, which to me didn't seem as good as it could have been. I finally decided to change the exposure of the camera. These two videos are shot with the lens stopped down 2 F stops, and it is better, but the video still seems to be a bit overexposed. Since two F stops are all that is available, I will have to be satisfied with that. The sun can be a bit bright here and the terrain is a bit dull with little contrast sometimes.

I did a video of the same area last year, but I flew up the canyon then, and had some problems with raising terrain. This time I decided to start at the top. I also had a camera that only shot in 480, and I wanted to try the change in lens aperture to see if the definition was better.

https://vimeo.com/99607014     Is the first video. It is long enough that I cut it into two parts

https://vimeo.com/99607015     This is the second part. Password as always is -   owyheeflyer

I had looked forward to being able to take some stills through my camera port, and did get a few before my camera battery went dead. Sigh!
High winds were forecast for the area later in the morning, but I felt that I could squeeze the flight in before they arrived. By the time of the opening scenes of the first video they were picking up quite a bit, and I was glad to drop down into the canyon where I would be sheltered from most of the wind. When I came out of the canyon the wind was coming up pretty good, and I finally had to drop down to the Sage where the friction slowed the wind enough that I make some headway towards home. My GPS was showing a ground speed of 39 MPH at 1000 feet agl.

I like the quality of the recorded video much better, but I am still behind the curve. You might notice a bit of a glitch on the "credit" screen of Part two.
The little Firestar handled the winds and the terrain quite well.
Larry

--
If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

yellowbird1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: New video Reply with quote

Nice video, again.
Thanks for sharing.
Do not archive.

Sent from my iPad

Brad
On Jul 2, 2014, at 0:59, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]I have been fooling with the exposure of my Drift camera. I have been unhappy at the quality, which to me didn't seem as good as it could have been. I finally decided to change the exposure of the camera. These two videos are shot with the lens stopped down 2 F stops, and it is better, but the video still seems to be a bit overexposed. Since two F stops are all that is available, I will have to be satisfied with that. The sun can be a bit bright here and the terrain is a bit dull with little contrast sometimes.

I did a video of the same area last year, but I flew up the canyon then, and had some problems with raising terrain. This time I decided to start at the top. I also had a camera that only shot in 480, and I wanted to try the change in lens aperture to see if the definition was better.

https://vimeo.com/99607014 Is the first video. It is long enough that I cut it into two parts

https://vimeo.com/99607015 This is the second part. Password as always is - owyheeflyer

I had looked forward to being able to take some stills through my camera port, and did get a few before my camera battery went dead. Sigh!
High winds were forecast for the area later in the morning, but I felt that I could squeeze the flight in before they arrived. By the time of the opening scenes of the first video they were picking up quite a bit, and I was glad to drop down into the canyon where I would be sheltered from most of the wind. When I came out of the canyon the wind was coming up pretty good, and I finally had to drop down to the Sage where the friction slowed the wind enough that I make some headway towards home. My GPS was showing a ground speed of 39 MPH at 1000 feet agl.

I like the quality of the recorded video much better, but I am still behind the curve. You might notice a bit of a glitch on the "credit" screen of Part two.
The little Firestar handled the winds and the terrain quite well.
Larry

--
If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

Quote:

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Larlaeb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: New video Reply with quote

I really love the tours you take us through there in your area of the country. Beautiful, and and there is just nothing like seeing it from the air like that although a lot of it just begs to be hiked, fished and camped. Thanks much for this and all your videos. Enjoyed it a bunch.

Allan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: