Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefly wing fold questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Firefly wing fold questions Reply with quote

Hey guys,

When you are by yourself and folding or unfolding the wings, how do you handle the struts?

Do you fold them out toward the tip or in toward the root?

How to you keep it from swinging into the dirt while you are maneuvering the wing?

How do you keep it where it belongs once the wings are folded?

Thanks,

Stuart
Seems like there is something new to learn every day
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
byoungplumbing(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Firefly wing fold questions Reply with quote

Take the struts off when folding,,  when setting up attach at the cage and set on the wheel till ready to attach to the wing.
Boyd [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Firefly wing fold questions Reply with quote

Do you have pins at the wing fittings? 

Mine came with bolts and spacers, two bolts with two spacers for each bolt on each wing.

Getting all of that assembled was quite a bit of work, even with the wings upside down on the bench.  I don’t think I would want to go through that every time I fly.

I was under the impression that you just pull the single pin at the bottom of the strut and then fold the strut up against the wing.  >From the one time I tried it (with help), the fuselage was in the way for folding up, so I flipped it out towards the tip, but it was hard to hang onto everything at once.  Plus there is no easy place to fasten it to.

Do you have any pictures of your Firefly you could share?  Direct email is OK, stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)

Still scratching my head on this one.

Stuart

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of B Young
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2014 6:09 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Firefly wing fold questions

Take the struts off when folding,, when setting up attach at the cage and set on the wheel till ready to attach to the wing.
Boyd
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

rowedenny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Firefly wing fold questions Reply with quote

Stuart,
I don't think Boyd realized you have a Firefly, he described the way we do it on my Mk-3 and Dave's Slingshot.
The Fly struts do fold up to the wing, I believe every time I've seen it done the struts fold toward the wing tip.

Dennis "Skid" RoweMk3, Rotax 670,
Leechburg, PA
On Oct 5, 2014, at 8:02 PM, "Stuart Harner" <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)> wrote:
[quote] <![endif]--> <![endif]-->

Mine came with bolts and spacers, two bolts with two spacers for each bolt on each wing.

Getting all of that assembled was quite a bit of work, even with the wings upside down on the bench. I don’t think I would want to go through that every time I fly.

I was under the impression that you just pull the single pin at the bottom of the strut and then fold the strut up against the wing. >From the one time I tried it (with help), the fuselage was in the way for folding up, so I flipped it out towards the tip, but it was hard to hang onto everything at once. Plus there is no easy place to fasten it to.

Do you have any pictures of your Firefly you could share? Direct email is OK, stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)

Stuart

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of B Young
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)

Take the struts off when folding,, when setting up attach at the cage and set on the wheel till ready to attach to the wing.
Boyd
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[b]

byoungplumbing(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Firefly wing fold questions Reply with quote

I have a mk 3 and forgot that the fly has 2 lift struts. Guess I don't know the exact procedure for the fly
Boyd On Oct 5, 2014 6:05 PM, "Stuart Harner" <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)> wrote:[quote]

Getting all of that assembled was quite a bit of work, even with the wings upside down on the bench.  I don’t think I would want to go through that every time I fly.

I was under the impression that you just pull the single pin at the bottom of the strut and then fold the strut up against the wing.  >From the one time I tried it (with help), the fuselage was in the way for folding up, so I flipped it out towards the tip, but it was hard to hang onto everything at once.  Plus there is no easy place to fasten it to.

Do you have any pictures of your Firefly you could share?  Direct email is OK, stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)

Stuart

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of B Young
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)

Take the struts off when folding,,  when setting up attach at the cage and set on the wheel till ready to attach to the wing.
Boyd
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: