Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Europa for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob.Fairall(at)fairalls.c

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Europa for sale Reply with quote

Owing to the completion of my new Europa XS, I am again putting my first Europa up for sale ..... and at a bargain price!

Europa ‘Classic’ Mono, G-BXLK - TTA 460 hours. Rotax 912 80hp - Flydat shows 535 hours. NSI Warp Drive VP prop 214 hours ( lifed at 750 hours ). Original ground adjustable prop included in the sale. Over 120 knot cruise on less than 20 litres mogas per hour! Transponder Mode ‘C’, intercom, colour Skymap. No accident history. Permit to 28/07/15. All mandatory mods completed and 1370lb weight upgrade carried out. £18,000 o.n.o. ( I do have a trailer but it is not available for sale owing to recent completion of new Europa ) Aircraft based Surrey. Bob Fairall 07973 408329 bob.fairall(at)fairalls.co.uk

Bob Fairall

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Bob.Fairall(at)fairalls.c

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Europa for sale Reply with quote

Oh, and for the purpose of clarity, my new Europa XS is another mono .......! Simply superb, especially on grass Smile
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ivanshaw(at)btinternet.co

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Europa for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
The Mono requires an 'above average pilot' stick and rudder wise.
The pilots that are 'up to it' love them....others all too often become scared of them and then convert to a tri-gear. All too often before they have invested in some good training!
There is nothing quite as satisfying as 'greasing a Mono' on landing!!
Keep me posted on your test flying.

Cheers
Ivan

--

ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Europa for sale Reply with quote

Ivan,
After flying Tiger Moths, Piper Cubs, Chipmunks, even Bristol Freighters or "fright ners" I find the Mono Wheel classic far easier to fly. "Not a problem" as they say down here.
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.

ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221
[quote] On 11/02/2015, at 6:45 am, Ivan Shaw <ivanshaw(at)btinternet.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,
The Mono requires an 'above average pilot' stick and rudder wise.
The pilots that are 'up to it' love them....others all too often become scared of them and then convert to a tri-gear. All too often before they have invested in some good training!
There is nothing quite as satisfying as 'greasing a Mono' on landing!!
Keep me posted on your test flying.

Cheers
Ivan

--

Cassel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Europa for sale Reply with quote

Yes, I agree 100% 
After 8 years of Mono and about 500 hours I very glad that build and now flying a Mono.
I am NOT above average pilot but I asked Pet Jeffers to train me and check me out.
That was the trick. Before he came over to Norway I took about 100 takeoffs and landings 
with Super Cub. I found out that Super Cub is much more demanding than Mono, specially  
in cross wind.
My conclusion is:
Proper training and Mono is very simple to handle as long you are following the "Mono rules".
Must important ones I have found out are: Tailwheel as long as possible on ground and nose pointing straight forward.
What I found interesting is when I, by misstake, have not lined up the airplane perfect before touchdown, it yaws back towards center ready to land again. This time inline.
If it was pure luck I am not sure but it has conducted this polite behaviour 4-5 times.
Stephan Cassel
LN-STE
Mono

[quote][b]

ivanshaw(at)btinternet.co

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Europa for sale Reply with quote

Hi Tim,
Pleased to hear it and glad it was 'no problem'....must be something to do
with the Coriolis effect in the southern hemisphere?
Regards
Ivan

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: