Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jon Croke ~ Please read all of it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zodierocket(at)hsfx.ca

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Jon Croke ~ Please read all of it Reply with quote

Hi Folks, just an update, below is a picture of Jon’s plane. I’m sure by now most of you have gone to visit the previous links and have viewed the offending tree that he got caught on. Jon is an excellent pilot with many 100’s of hours of flight experience and as you may have seen from another previous link he knows the 701 well and can sit it on a strip even better then I can. However, Jon does have a streak of ill fortune in his life it would seem. His first accident was due to an engine modification in which he shared with this list admitting his mistake and in fact making 3 other people who did similar modifications aware of the possible dangers. From time to time Jon has also cautioned new builders of this carb modification to the Rotax whenever it came up on this list.
Though I do most of the work on the www.ch701.com and www.ch601.org websites they are owned by Jon and paid for by him, not to advertise his products which you can find at www.homebuilthelp.com or to show his project off to the world. These websites are strictly for you builders out there to find and source tips, tricks and learn information. This all boils down to saving the building community a vast amount of money and time in there pursuit of a dream of owning a plane.
As Jon recovered from his first accident and started his re-build he realized that videos geared towards any builder but aimed at mostly Zenith builders would once again be a great boost in knowledge and a major shortcut in learning time. Hence the start of www.homebuilthelp.com But the videos ( his sole source of income now) did not take over the builders websites, you were not accosted with advertisement (except for the two weeks of the scratch builders release, but that was mainly my vanity showing as one of the presenters). Jon is a man of few pleasures in life, his dream of flying his 701 is the sole direction of his desire. I was talking with Jon tonight and he is improving and hopes to move the plane into the workshop this weekend with a lot of help and start the process of re-building once again. Jon informs me that he sold an extra 10 DVD’s today above normal volume and whishes to offer deep thanks for those who spent a few dollars to help out. I would like to hear from those who purchased the DVD’s and take a second to thank them individually, also to let other members on this list know that they are getting value for their dollars. David and I will be donating several skins and our 701 wings to Jon to help him out in this time of hardship and another builder on this list not only purchased DVDS’s but also donated a Firewall and the steel cage structure for the 701 fuselage. Seldom would a person build an identical plane a 3rd time but Jon is an exception. I would really like to ask all of you to please take a few minutes to visit Jon’s site at www.homebuilthelp.com and pick up a DVD. Their not expensive and one or two would make a GREAT donation to your local EAA or RAA chapter library if you don’t feel you can utilize them yourself. I hate asking for donations guys, and I hate being asked to give to strangers but Like this Matronics list in which we donate to each year Jon is like a family member ( I feel like that for most of you on this list)and has provided many useful tips and help over many years to all of us. A little help for a family member can go a long way here, plus you get a great DVD out of it and Jon will even sign it at Oshkosh if you bring it along.
Plus one thing you truly have to admit! Crashing a 701 through the trees and walking away without a scratch could be an absolute stroke of luck. But dropping a 701 60ft out of the air and not a single broken bone has got to prove A LOT to the strength of this little bird! Plus we can now refer to Jon as Jon “CRASH TEST” Croke !!!!

Cdngoose
[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01C69CA6.D35A1C00[/img]
do not archive

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.51 KB
 Viewed:  292 Time(s)

image001.jpg

zodierocket(at)hsfx.ca

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Jon Croke ~ Please read all of it Reply with quote

Hi Folks, just an update, below is a picture of Jon’s plane. I’m sure by now most of you have gone to visit the previous links and have viewed the offending tree that he got caught on. Jon is an excellent pilot with many 100’s of hours of flight experience and as you may have seen from another previous link he knows the 701 well and can sit it on a strip even better then I can. However, Jon does have a streak of ill fortune in his life it would seem. His first accident was due to an engine modification in which he shared with this list admitting his mistake and in fact making 3 other people who did similar modifications aware of the possible dangers. From time to time Jon has also cautioned new builders of this carb modification to the Rotax whenever it came up on this list.
Though I do most of the work on the www.ch701.com and www.ch601.org websites they are owned by Jon and paid for by him, not to advertise his products which you can find at www.homebuilthelp.com or to show his project off to the world. These websites are strictly for you builders out there to find and source tips, tricks and learn information. This all boils down to saving the building community a vast amount of money and time in there pursuit of a dream of owning a plane.
As Jon recovered from his first accident and started his re-build he realized that videos geared towards any builder but aimed at mostly Zenith builders would once again be a great boost in knowledge and a major shortcut in learning time. Hence the start of www.homebuilthelp.com But the videos ( his sole source of income now) did not take over the builders websites, you were not accosted with advertisement (except for the two weeks of the scratch builders release, but that was mainly my vanity showing as one of the presenters). Jon is a man of few pleasures in life, his dream of flying his 701 is the sole direction of his desire. I was talking with Jon tonight and he is improving and hopes to move the plane into the workshop this weekend with a lot of help and start the process of re-building once again. Jon informs me that he sold an extra 10 DVD’s today above normal volume and whishes to offer deep thanks for those who spent a few dollars to help out. I would like to hear from those who purchased the DVD’s and take a second to thank them individually, also to let other members on this list know that they are getting value for their dollars. David and I will be donating several skins and our 701 wings to Jon to help him out in this time of hardship and another builder on this list not only purchased DVDS’s but also donated a Firewall and the steel cage structure for the 701 fuselage. Seldom would a person build an identical plane a 3rd time but Jon is an exception. I would really like to ask all of you to please take a few minutes to visit Jon’s site at www.homebuilthelp.com and pick up a DVD. Their not expensive and one or two would make a GREAT donation to your local EAA or RAA chapter library if you don’t feel you can utilize them yourself. I hate asking for donations guys, and I hate being asked to give to strangers but Like this Matronics list in which we donate to each year Jon is like a family member ( I feel like that for most of you on this list)and has provided many useful tips and help over many years to all of us. A little help for a family member can go a long way here, plus you get a great DVD out of it and Jon will even sign it at Oshkosh if you bring it along.
Plus one thing you truly have to admit! Crashing a 701 through the trees and walking away without a scratch could be an absolute stroke of luck. But dropping a 701 60ft out of the air and not a single broken bone has got to prove A LOT to the strength of this little bird! Plus we can now refer to Jon as Jon “CRASH TEST” Croke !!!!

Cdngoose
[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01C69CA9.093DD0D0[/img]
do not archive

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.51 KB
 Viewed:  236 Time(s)

image001.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: