Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 inch tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrabekk(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: 5 inch tube Reply with quote

I’m still hopeing to find someone who has a 5 inch .058 6061 alum. tube to replace my twinstar‘s broken spar.need 12 ft,. 4 in.Any information on manufacturers or retailers also appreciated. Jerry

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
George Myers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: 5 inch tube Reply with quote

I have a 5” twinstar tube 14’6” long.

George Myers
1500 IH 35 South
San Marcos, TX 78666
512-353-4860
Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm
Sat 9am to 3pm

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jerry Scrabeck
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:41 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: 5 inch tube

I’m still hopeing to find someone who has a 5 inch .058 6061 alum. tube to replace my twinstar‘s broken spar.need 12 ft,. 4 in.Any information on manufacturers or retailers also appreciated. Jerry

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: 5 inch tube Reply with quote

Jerry

Hope  you understand my position...once I began to think about shipping...I could see that I did not have the ability to get it to you safely... It is wrapped and in the barn...if you know of someone who can pick it up...

I do not know of anyone...Travis tells me that , and I think I told you. the only plant is in Ohio and they require 1000 lb order to run the 6 and 5 inch tubes.. Not sure about that..but a search of the web did not turn anything up...

Herb

On 04/29/2015 10:40 AM, Jerry Scrabeck wrote:

[quote] I’m still hopeing to find someone who has a 5 inch .058 6061 alum. tube to replace my twinstar‘s broken spar.need 12 ft,. 4 in.Any information on manufacturers or retailers also appreciated. Jerry

Quote:

[b]

John Hauck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: 5 inch tube Reply with quote

Check with an irrigation company.  They use 5 and 6 inch 6061T6 for their circle irrigation systems.  The only problem with attempting to obtain a tube from them is the condition of the tube after it leaves the mill.  They don't baby them the way we airplane builders do.  They will be scratched and dented.  If you could find one with minor flaws, could probably be polished out.  I see a few specimens that have been saved and are still flying, although I don't think I would want one on my mkIII.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Herb
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:14 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: 5 inch tube

Jerry

Hope you understand my position...once I began to think about shipping...I could see that I did not have the ability to get it to you safely... It is wrapped and in the barn...if you know of someone who can pick it up...

I do not know of anyone...Travis tells me that , and I think I told you. the only plant is in Ohio and they require 1000 lb order to run the 6 and 5 inch tubes.. Not sure about that..but a search of the web did not turn anything up...

Herb
On 04/29/2015 10:40 AM, Jerry Scrabeck wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
          - The Kolb-List Email Forum -
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Titus, Alabama
worrybear(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: 5 inch tube Reply with quote

Herb, The 5" is what the Ultrastar used I think. Where is Jerry located? I have a piece but as you say shipping would be a problem. Dan

Dan Walter
Palmyra, PA
Ercoupe 415C but still love Kolbs

Do not Archive
[quote] ---

Herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: 5 inch tube Reply with quote

Minnnneeesssooootaaa!  Email  .   He is on the list...

skrabekk(at)charter.net (skrabekk(at)charter.net)

jerry....is his name..

On 04/29/2015 07:59 PM, Dan Walter wrote:

[quote] Herb, The 5" is what the Ultrastar used I think.  Where is Jerry located? I have a piece but as you say shipping would be a problem.   Dan

Dan Walter
Palmyra, PA
Ercoupe 415C but still love Kolbs

Do not Archive
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: