Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

legs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russk50(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

List - I have a brand-new set of steel gear legs for the Xtra, and I can’t use them,
Still in original box, never been unpacked.
If you need them, contact me !
Thanx
Russ Kinne

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
patrickjladd(at)hotmail.c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Hi Russ,
Legs for sale. Does that mean you are fully airborne again and ready to go.
Good luck.
I have taken the plunge and hocked the family jewels and booked myself a
flight in a 2 seat Spitfire. I thought that my Mustang flight at Kissimmee
many years ago was the most expensive flight I would ever have but this is
costing about a third more for half the flying time. With the P51 at least I
knew that I was going to do most of the flying. This time it definitely says
`you will not be allowed to touch the controls`. I am hoping that the
wording is to placate the Board of Trade which licenses the flight and will
not be enforced by the pilot once the wheels are up. The flight will be from
Biggin Hill which you will probably know was right in the middle of the
Battle of Britain so very nostalgic. Just to keep it real a Spitfire lost
power on take off and crash landed while taking off at Biggin a few days
ago. The pilot sustained a shoulder injury but not serious. I shall pay
attention to the safety briefing. I remember watching a Hurricane roll off
the end of the runway at Chivenor many moons ago because the pilot had put
the pitch lever in the wrong notch. It happens.
These Spit flights are obviously popular.Even at this enormous price i can`t
get a booking until October
Cheers

Pat

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lcottrell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

OK Pat, you have teased us- now just how much does it cost?????? No need to be embarrassed about it, we all probably would if we could.Larry 
On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Patrick Ladd <patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com (patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: Patrick Ladd <patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com (patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com)>

Hi Russ,
Legs for sale. Does that mean you are fully airborne again and ready to go. Good luck.
I have taken the plunge and hocked the family jewels and booked myself a flight in a 2 seat Spitfire. I thought that my Mustang flight at Kissimmee many years ago was the most expensive flight I would ever have but this is costing about a third more for half the flying time. With the P51 at least I knew that I was going to do most of the flying. This time it definitely says `you will not be allowed to touch the controls`. I am hoping that the wording is to placate the Board of Trade which licenses the flight and will not be enforced by the pilot once the wheels are up. The flight will be from Biggin Hill which you will probably know was right in the middle of the Battle of Britain so very nostalgic. Just to keep it real a Spitfire lost power on take off and crash landed while taking off at Biggin a few days ago. The pilot sustained a shoulder injury but not serious.  I shall pay attention to the safety briefing. I remember watching a Hurricane roll off the end of the runway at Chivenor many moons ago because the pilot had put the pitch lever in the wrong notch. It happens.
These Spit flights are obviously popular.Even at this enormous price i can`t get a booking until October
Cheers

Pat

--

John Hauck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Patrick:

Was this msg intended for Russ or for the Kolb List?

For your info, this is Russ' email address:

russk50(at)gmail.com

BTW, I am thoroughly impressed you would hock your family jewels (balls) to be a sand bag in the back seat of a Spitfire.

john h
JBER, Anchorage, Alaska

--

Titus, Alabama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Oh alright. £2750, half an hour in the cockpit and about 20 minutes flying time. They charge £60 to sit in the bloody thing. All depends if I can get my hands on the controls. If i can, I don`t care what it cost. If not I shall be very very cross. Incidentally I think I paid £1750 for an hour in the Mustang.Took her out from the flightline to the end of the runway.Pilot did the take off,climbed away steeply,I could see the numbers in the rear view mirror, and as she fell off the top of the climb he said `Shes all yours`. he talked me through what was what and we climbed to about 10,000ft and he just left me to chase Germans around the clouds. Did some rolls,loops,figure of eights,wingovers. Dived down to around 500ft and did a strafing run across Florida. We had to CLIMB to enter the pattern.Talked me round the circuit and I did a touch and go (He did the GO part) then talked me round again until we were into the flare and then he put it down and I taxied back to the line. Not bad I suppose when you think that all I had flown were gliders and ultralights plus a couple of joyrides in a T6.
Pat

Sent: Friday, August 07, 2015 12:20 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: legs

OK Pat, you have teased us- now just how much does it cost?????? No need to be embarrassed about it, we all probably would if we could. Larry

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Patrick Ladd <patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com (patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: Patrick Ladd <patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com (patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com)>

Hi Russ,
Legs for sale. Does that mean you are fully airborne again and ready to go. Good luck.
I have taken the plunge and hocked the family jewels and booked myself a flight in a 2 seat Spitfire. I thought that my Mustang flight at Kissimmee many years ago was the most expensive flight I would ever have but this is costing about a third more for half the flying time. With the P51 at least I knew that I was going to do most of the flying. This time it definitely says `you will not be allowed to touch the controls`. I am hoping that the wording is to placate the Board of Trade which licenses the flight and will not be enforced by the pilot once the wheels are up. The flight will be from Biggin Hill which you will probably know was right in the middle of the Battle of Britain so very nostalgic. Just to keep it real a Spitfire lost power on take off and crash landed while taking off at Biggin a few days ago. The pilot sustained a shoulder injury but not serious. I shall pay attention to the safety briefing. I remember watching a Hurricane roll off the end of the runway at Chivenor many moons ago because the pilot had put the pitch lever in the wrong notch. It happens.
These Spit flights are obviously popular.Even at this enormous price i can`t get a booking until October
Cheers

Pat

--

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

WHOOPS! It doesn`t matter I suppose.I just hit reply on Russ`s post. I hope
to be a bit more than a sandbag as you can see. I think I would probably
trade the flight for the chance to fly alongside you in a Kolb from Hauk
Holler to Monument Valley though.
Cheers Pat

--

John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

The flight from hauck's holler to monument valley is priceless!

However, pleased that you would want to fly with me for that long. That one takes about 2.5 days. Not necessarily Spitfire or Mustang speeds, but get to log more flight time. Wink

john h
JBER - Anchorage, Alaska

--

Titus, Alabama
Tom O'Hara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: legs Reply with quote

Okay, are we comparing who paid what for how many hours in what type of aircraft? If so..... crossed the Alps in hot air. Left Murren, flew 5.75 hours, up to 19,500 ft. Dropper to 10' and flew the Eiger glacier. Landed north of Lugano and could see all the way down the Italian boot. At one point had a Swiss Air 747 doing a turn around us. Best day of my life---- with my pants on. Cost about $2200USD. That included meals and a hotel for the night before. Lifted off with 120 gallons of propane and landed with less than 10--phew.

Still love my Kolb!! Just think the Kolb is about 10x faster!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Hi Tom.
Wow! What a flight. Only 10galls propane left on landing is cutting it fine.
Definitely one for the book.. As for the cost. I flew to Cairo,Egypt for the
day in Concorde for a lot less than I am paying for the Spitfire flight. I
saw the boot of Italy from the starboard window on that one too, with Greece
and the Dalmation coast to port. Flyers are the luckiest people.G.D.
Wansborough of Bristol for Maxwell-Stewart. Pat

--

yellowbird1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Does an hour back seat ride in an A-7 with an emergency landing or taxi ride in a B-57G count?

Sent from my iPad

Brad

Quote:
On Aug 10, 2015, at 09:37, Tom O'Hara <tohara(at)alphagraphics.com> wrote:

Okay, are we comparing who paid what for how many hours in what type of aircraft? If so..... crossed the Alps in hot air. Left Murren, flew 5.75 hours, up to 19,500 ft. Dropper to 10' and flew the Eiger glacier. Landed north of Lugano and could see all the way down the Italian boot. At one point had a Swiss Air 747 doing a turn around us. Best day of my life---- with my pants on. Cost about $2200USD. That included meals and a hotel for the night before. Lifted off with 120 gallons of propane and landed with less than 10--phew.

Still love my Kolb!! Just think the Kolb is about 10x faster!

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=445771#445771

Tom O'Hara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: legs Reply with quote

Yellowbird-- if we are really counting, they count. If we are not counting, they still count! Both must have been good rides!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Come on you guys, there would seem to be some great stories out there. Lets
have `em. Let the procedure police stew for while. Pat

--

yellowbird1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Thought this is not Kolb but it is however flying.

Yes they both were for different reasons. The B-57G taxi ride was when I was about 12 and we were stationed at Eglin A.F.B. Fl. Every month my Dad would take my brother and me to get our hair cut and breakfast. On this occasion we stopped by to check on his airplane, which was on the flight line as it had just getting some repair or maintenance. The Crew Chief suggested that my Dad take it for a taxi. I don’t know who suggested that by brother and I get in the back seat. Of course being the obedient military brats we climbed right in. Being that we were just kids and their wasn’t then normal parachute or survival pack seat so we weren’t able see out out But that didn’t matter, we were riding not just a military plane by Dad’s plane. How cool was that? Very!
The A-7 ride was an incentive ride while I was in the New Mexico Air National Guard. The flight started out as a 4 ship training mission to an MOA in Colorado, a bombing mission. Two of the planes had to return to base due to some mechanical problems. I got to fly pretty much the whole way up. For each run we would come in low, invert to acquire the target, roll out drop the bombs and pull out with about 3.5 Gs. Yes the G suites do work. After the bombing runs my pilot asks me if I’m ready to join up with the lead. I tell him yes and he pulls up and do a few barrel rolls around the lead. I go to full O2. On the return to base over Northern NM we are doing some somewhat low level terrain following a few 100 feet off the deck. And that’s when I ask the pilot what the yellow GEN light is for, he says give me some reply that isn’t “yeppy”. He deploys the RAT (Ram Air Turbine) which is supposed to spin up in the slip stream and generate electricity for some of the hydraulics and such, nothing really important, just brakes, air conditioning, and some other stuff. By the way this is taking place in the summer in New Mexico it’s hot but not nearly so as Phoenix. But it’s a dry heat. I’m informed that if anything else goes wrong we are punching out so we go over the ejection procedures. Fortunately we don’t have to. We contact NMANG Ops and let home know we have an emergency. The A-7 was originally a Navy design so it has an arresting tail hook. It takes a bit for them to set up the arresting gear on the runway so we have to circle around a bit in the summer sun with no air-conditioning. The landing is uneventful but very quick.
Had I been quick enough I should have asked to log the dual instruction time in my log book, not sure if that would have happened but it would have been nice.

Brad
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

-- President Ronald Reagan

Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:46 , Tom O'Hara <tohara(at)alphagraphics.com (tohara(at)alphagraphics.com)> wrote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "Tom O'Hara" <tohara(at)alphagraphics.com (tohara(at)alphagraphics.com)>Yellowbird-- if we are really counting, they count. If we are not counting, they still count! Both must have been good rides!Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=445900#445900

[quote][b]

John Hauck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

I'm certainly not the "procedure police", but I am and have
been a member of the Kolb Builder and Flyers List for many
years.

I speak for myself and no one else.

The best way to kill a good Kolb List is to ignore the
posted guidelines, turning a List for serious builders and
flyers of Kolb aircraft into a chat room. It is then no
longer the Kolb List.

Please have some respect for those of us that are "real"
Kolb enthusiast. Some of you seem to do you damnedest to
ruin our List.

If you want to share subjects not Kolb related, take them
somewhere else. Start a bull shit list for bull shit
subjects.

There are times traffic on the Kolb List is slow and
nonexistent. That does not mean the List is dead. When
someone has a problem or wants to share something Kolb, they
will, and the conversations begin on that subject.

Please do not destroy our Kolb List.

john h
Kolb MKIII, N101AB

--

Titus, Alabama
rickofudall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

And if I may add to John's request, if you want to give a builder an atta boy, or signify your agreement with someone else's technical answer or anything that doesn't add some knowledge to the forum archives, please, PLEASE, put do not archive below your signature. This isn't my request, this is Matt's, it's in the user agreement we all sign to be members of this forum. The reason for not saving every last comment is simple, Matt's servers have a limited capacity. Go ahead and make whatever comment you think appropriate, but if it doesn't add to the technical database just add those three little words to your comment.

Rick Girard
do not archive
On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)>

I'm certainly not the "procedure police", but I am and have
been a member of the Kolb Builder and Flyers List for many
years.

I speak for myself and no one else.

The best way to kill a good Kolb List is to ignore the
posted guidelines, turning a List for serious builders and
flyers of Kolb aircraft into a chat room. It is then no
longer the Kolb List.

Please have some respect for those of us that are "real"
Kolb enthusiast.  Some of you seem to do you damnedest to
ruin our List.

If you want to share subjects not Kolb related, take them
somewhere else.  Start a bull shit list for bull shit
subjects.

There are times traffic on the Kolb List is slow and
nonexistent.  That does not mean the List is dead.  When
someone has a problem or wants to share something Kolb, they
will, and the conversations begin on that subject.

Please do not destroy our Kolb List.

john h
Kolb MKIII, N101AB

--

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: legs Reply with quote

Great Stuff, Brad. More interesting than primer bulbs!. Pat

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:18 AM
To: Kolb-list (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Re: legs

Thought this is not Kolb but it is however flying.

Yes they both were for different reasons. The B-57G taxi ride was when I was about 12 and we were stationed at Eglin A.F.B. Fl. Every month my Dad would take my brother and me to get our hair cut and breakfast. On this occasion we stopped by to check on his airplane, which was on the flight line as it had just getting some repair or maintenance. The Crew Chief suggested that my Dad take it for a taxi. I don’t know who suggested that by brother and I get in the back seat. Of course being the obedient military brats we climbed right in. Being that we were just kids and their wasn’t then normal parachute or survival pack seat so we weren’t able see out out But that didn’t matter, we were riding not just a military plane by Dad’s plane. How cool was that? Very!
The A-7 ride was an incentive ride while I was in the New Mexico Air National Guard. The flight started out as a 4 ship training mission to an MOA in Colorado, a bombing mission. Two of the planes had to return to base due to some mechanical problems. I got to fly pretty much the whole way up. For each run we would come in low, invert to acquire the target, roll out drop the bombs and pull out with about 3.5 Gs. Yes the G suites do work. After the bombing runs my pilot asks me if I’m ready to join up with the lead. I tell him yes and he pulls up and do a few barrel rolls around the lead. I go to full O2. On the return to base over Northern NM we are doing some somewhat low level terrain following a few 100 feet off the deck. And that’s when I ask the pilot what the yellow GEN light is for, he says give me some reply that isn’t “yeppy”. He deploys the RAT (Ram Air Turbine) which is supposed to spin up in the slip stream and generate electricity for some of the hydraulics and such, nothing really important, just brakes, air conditioning, and some other stuff. By the way this is taking place in the summer in New Mexico it’s hot but not nearly so as Phoenix. But it’s a dry heat. I’m informed that if anything else goes wrong we are punching out so we go over the ejection procedures. Fortunately we don’t have to. We contact NMANG Ops and let home know we have an emergency. The A-7 was originally a Navy design so it has an arresting tail hook. It takes a bit for them to set up the arresting gear on the runway so we have to circle around a bit in the summer sun with no air-conditioning. The landing is uneventful but very quick.
Had I been quick enough I should have asked to log the dual instruction time in my log book, not sure if that would have happened but it would have been nice.

Brad
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

-- President Ronald Reagan

Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, at 12:46 , Tom O'Hara <tohara(at)alphagraphics.com (tohara(at)alphagraphics.com)> wrote:

--> Kolb-List message posted by: "Tom O'Hara" <tohara(at)alphagraphics.com (tohara(at)alphagraphics.com)>

Yellowbird-- if we are really counting, they count. If we are not counting, they still count! Both must have been good rides!

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=445900#445900

[quote]

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c
[b]

Flylawnchairs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: legs Reply with quote

Very cool brad !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: