Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elevator backwords.... 😡 do not archive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith84

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Elevator backwords.... 😡 do not archive Reply with quote

I bought a firefly a few months ago and promptly buried the nose in dirt while taxing. So i fixed the cone and ton of minor issues with the plane with a TON help of a friend on this forum over the past few months. Last night we got all the minor things fixed and I took it back out and NOSED OVER AGAIN while going relatively slow on the ground. Thats when we noticed that whoever built the firefly RIGGED THE ELEVATOR BACKWORDS. I am now trying to figure out if need to switch the cables on the stick or were they connect to the elevator. The seller did not have manual or anything with the plane, can I simply just switch the cables on the stick?

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Frankd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Elevator backwords.... 😡 do not archive Reply with quote

Hi Keith84,
sorry to hear that you nosed over again, but mighty glad you did..
I must share with you that I have destroyed two nice RC models with reversed controls. The flights were quite short, both models had reversed ailerons and the plane climbed out but as soon as it started to turn I did input the correction only to have it roll into the ground.
This taught me an expensive lesson (twice) that I apply to flying kolbs..My biggest model yet..
The good thing about RC models is that you are not in them.Double check everything..
If you just reverse the cables you must check that they don't rub or bind, you should get the manual like John said and follow that.

The worst story I heard was the KOLB pilot that forgot to put the bolts connecting the struts to the wing, just the rivets held it together for about 20 mins of flight and then the plane crashed.
I would also recommend you contact a local EAA chapter and have someone else look over your plane. I did for mine and he found a few things that helped me a lot.
Be safe , live long and enjoy your kolb.

FrankD
MkIII Xtra
N1014S

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: