Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step up/Down Voltage Regulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
handainc(at)madisoncounty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Step up/Down Voltage Regulator Reply with quote

Don’t want to hijack a thread, but last week, while visiting a local salvage sales company, was looking a table full of Simran SMVS-300 (300 Watts) Step-up/Down Voltage regulators with built in circuit breaker. These appear to be brand new. Was standing there trying to figure for what they would be used as I studied one, and the owner walked by and told me to take it home with me. So I did, but have no idea how it would be used? Photos attached.
[img]cid:3CBD56B2-D8EC-4584-A371-DA868B11D8A8(at)MadisonCounty.net[/img][img]cid:61BBCC35-DAC3-4717-9FC2-4418D7CBB334(at)MadisonCounty.net[/img][img]cid:226A1059-893B-4DC9-AA9B-3AA6AEE89935(at)MadisonCounty.net[/img]
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2016, at 11:47 AM, Robert L. Nuckolls, III <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com (nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com)> wrote:
At 10:05 PM 1/11/2016, you wrote:
Quote:
Power supplies have several different types of ratings, and most have no overvoltage protection in case the power supply regulator fails. One of the ratings is how much current (Amps) will it provide while maintaining the rated voltage. Ripple is a rating about how much the voltage is allowed to fluctuate while providing current. The fluctuation is normally at about 60 Hz (cycles per second) for older designs, however, the modern switching type power supplies may have ripple at many different frequencies that may or may not show up as a humming noise on radios, etc.
Here's my present value-choice for an AC mains ground power supply . . . http://tinyurl.com/zbn5g6m It comes with lots of approvals. There's no reason to suspect that the 'protective' features cited are not equal to the best we know how to do in that industry. . . . and it's tough to beat the price/performance numbers. This is on a part with a 20A switchmode supply I used to sell out of the 'Connection inventory about 10 years ago . . . but at 1/4th the price.
Bob . . .

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

IMG_7451.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.52 KB
 Viewed:  2081 Time(s)

IMG_7451.jpeg

IMG_7452.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.78 KB

IMG_7452.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.52 KB

IMG_7453.jpeg

user9253

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Step up/Down Voltage Regulator Reply with quote

It looks like it will convert 240 VAC to 120 VAC or vice-versa. The ad mentions a refrigerator, but 300 watts will not handle that.
http://www.220converters.com/store/p/69-Simran-SMVS300-300-W-Watts-Voltage-Converter-with-Stabilizer.html

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: