Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Gauges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yakadillo(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Howard Francis can repair a twin or single pressure gauge for under $100.  He says the copper tubing the air goes through has a very small orifice and water and copper have a corrosive interaction which can plug this small orifice. He can also rescreen the russian airspeed dial.  His contact info:

Home:  [url=tel:480-820-0405]480-820-0405[/url]
Cell: [url=tel:480-467-7163]480-467-7163[/url]
Email: htfrancis38(at)aol.com (htfrancis38(at)aol.com)
Scott Miller

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Ernie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting list messages completely out of context. Is the list dropping messages? I'm assuming this post was in response to another post which I never got.

Ernie

On Sunday, January 31, 2016, Scott Miller <yakadillo(at)gmail.com (yakadillo(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Howard Francis can repair a twin or single pressure gauge for under $100.  He says the copper tubing the air goes through has a very small orifice and water and copper have a corrosive interaction which can plug this small orifice. He can also rescreen the russian airspeed dial.  His contact info:

Email: [url=javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','htfrancis38(at)aol.com');]htfrancis38(at)aol.com[/url]
Scott Miller

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Same here. Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

--

Viperdoc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Same Ernie.
Doc

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 31, 2016, at 9:33 AM, Ernest Martinez <erniel29(at)gmail.com (erniel29(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting list messages completely out of context. Is the list dropping messages? I'm assuming this post was in response to another post which I never got.

Ernie

On Sunday, January 31, 2016, Scott Miller <yakadillo(at)gmail.com (yakadillo(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Howard Francis can repair a twin or single pressure gauge for under $100. He says the copper tubing the air goes through has a very small orifice and water and copper have a corrosive interaction which can plug this small orifice. He can also rescreen the russian airspeed dial. His contact info:

Home: [url=tel:480-820-0405]480-820-0405[/url]
Cell: [url=tel:480-467-7163]480-467-7163[/url]
Email: [url=javascript:_e(%7B%7D,\'cvml\',\'htfrancis38(at)aol.com\');]htfrancis38(at)aol.com[/url]
Scott Miller

jbsoar(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Scott-what gauge does the 52 use?  I'd like to install a pressure gauge in the Yak 55.  I'm not sure how to plumb it.Thank you!

Quote:

Email: [url=javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','htfrancis38(at)aol.com');]htfrancis38(at)aol.com[/url]
Scott Miller

dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

John,
Regardless of what pressure gauge you use, plumb it before the main air
valve. The 52's gauge has two gauges built into one instrument head;
for both the main and emergency.That way you'll be able to read the air
pressure in the main air tank without having to turn on the main air
valve. Wastes precious air when you have to turn on the main air valve
just to read the air pressure in the main air tank.52 is plumbed this
way. CJ is not- at least on the main air side.
Dennis

A. Dennis Savarese
334-546-8182 (mobile)
www.yak-52.com
Skype - Yakguy1

On 1/31/2016 11:14 AM, John B wrote:
Quote:
Scott-what gauge does the 52 use? I'd like to install a pressure
gauge in the Yak 55. I'm not sure how to plumb it.
Thank you!

On Sunday, January 31, 2016, Scott Miller <yakadillo(at)gmail.com
<mailto:yakadillo(at)gmail.com>> wrote:

Howard Francis can repair a twin or single pressure gauge for
under $100. He says the copper tubing the air goes through has a
very small orifice and water and copper have a corrosive
interaction which can plug this small orifice. He can also
rescreen the russian airspeed dial. His contact info:

Home: 480-820-0405 <tel:480-820-0405>
Cell: 480-467-7163 <tel:480-467-7163>
Email: htfrancis38(at)aol.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','htfrancis38(at)aol.com');>

Scott Miller

L29delfin(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

My experience . This yak 52 air gauge is very hard to find and expensive. So being able to repair it would be welcome news. B
Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On January 31, 2016 10:27:35 AM John B <jbsoar(at)gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
Scott-what gauge does the 52 use?  I'd like to install a pressure gauge in the Yak 55.  I'm not sure how to plumb it.Thank you!

Quote:

Scott Miller

heaysr(at)telus.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

John,

There is no air valve (shut of valve) on a Yak 55M. It's a very simple system relative to a Yak 52. You can T off a line that is exposed to permanent air pressure from receiver to the pressure relief valve under the cockpit floor that is accessible from the removable inspection cover aft of the fire wall under the fuselage.

The gauge can be selected from any manufacturer that does bourdon tube gauges at 1000 psi or 70 bars. If the gauge is oil (linseed) filled for damping, I suggest the oil be drained out as it will leak out anyway, what with variations in altitude and make a big mess.

"Winters" is one of many manufacturers with various dial sizes, and attachment entries (bottom or back). I find that they eventually leak air after a few years, so I suggest you get an extra as a spare.

Regards

Royden

--

jbsoar(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Royden-thank you!  This really helps.  Who sells new metric tubing and fittings?

On Monday, February 1, 2016, Royden Heays <heaysr(at)telus.net (heaysr(at)telus.net)> wrote:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "Royden Heays" <[url=javascript:;]heaysr(at)telus.net[/url]>

John,

There is no air valve (shut of valve) on a Yak 55M. It's a very simple system relative to a Yak 52. You can T off a line that is exposed to permanent air pressure from receiver to the pressure relief valve under the cockpit floor that is accessible from the removable inspection cover aft of the fire wall under the fuselage.

The gauge can be selected from any manufacturer that does bourdon tube gauges at 1000 psi or 70 bars.  If the gauge is oil (linseed) filled for damping, I suggest the oil be drained out as it will leak out anyway, what with variations in altitude and make a big mess.

"Winters" is one of many manufacturers with various dial sizes, and attachment entries (bottom or back).  I find that they eventually leak air after a few years, so I suggest you get an extra as a spare.

Regards

Royden

--

heaysr(at)telus.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Hello John,

I’m no expert on that. My 55M came already fitted. The gauges I mention  are NTP thread.

However, a top quality manufacturer of tubes and fittings is Swagelok. They do both metric and imperial. Try Googling them and then find a local distributor.

Regards

Royden

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John B
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 7:13 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Air Gauges

Royden-thank you! This really helps. Who sells new metric tubing and fittings?

On Monday, February 1, 2016, Royden Heays <heaysr(at)telus.net (heaysr(at)telus.net)> wrote:[quote]
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Royden Heays" <[url=javascript:;]heaysr(at)telus.net[/url]>

John,

The gauge can be selected from any manufacturer that does bourdon tube gauges at 1000 psi or 70 bars. If the gauge is oil (linseed) filled for damping, I suggest the oil be drained out as it will leak out anyway, what with variations in altitude and make a big mess.

"Winters" is one of many manufacturers with various dial sizes, and attachment entries (bottom or back). I find that they eventually leak air after a few years, so I suggest you get an extra as a spare.

Regards

Royden

--

jbsoar(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Royden-
Where is your pressure gauge located?
john b

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:01 AM, Royden Heays <heaysr(at)telus.net> wrote:

[quote] Hello John,

I’m no expert on that. My 55M came already fitted. The gauges I mention
are NTP thread.

However, a top quality manufacturer of tubes and fittings is Swagelok.
They do both metric and imperial. Try Googling them and then find a local
distributor.

Regards

Royden

owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] *On Behalf Of *John B
*Sent:* Monday, February 1, 2016 7:13 PM

*To:* yak-list(at)matronics.com
*Subject:* Re: Air Gauges

Royden-thank you! This really helps. Who sells new metric tubing and
fittings?

On Monday, February 1, 2016, Royden Heays <heaysr(at)telus.net> wrote:

John,

There is no air valve (shut of valve) on a Yak 55M. It's a very simple
system relative to a Yak 52. You can T off a line that is exposed to
permanent air pressure from receiver to the pressure relief valve under the
cockpit floor that is accessible from the removable inspection cover aft of
the fire wall under the fuselage.

The gauge can be selected from any manufacturer that does bourdon tube
gauges at 1000 psi or 70 bars. If the gauge is oil (linseed) filled for
damping, I suggest the oil be drained out as it will leak out anyway, what
with variations in altitude and make a big mess.

"Winters" is one of many manufacturers with various dial sizes, and
attachment entries (bottom or back). I find that they eventually leak air
after a few years, so I suggest you get an extra as a spare.

Regards

Royden

--

Viperdoc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

McMastercar has aluminum and cooper tubing in metric sizes. Use your old fitting when you do the fairs.
Doc

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 1, 2016, at 9:13 PM, John B <jbsoar(at)gmail.com (jbsoar(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Royden-thank you! This really helps. Who sells new metric tubing and fittings?

On Monday, February 1, 2016, Royden Heays <heaysr(at)telus.net (heaysr(at)telus.net)> wrote:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "Royden Heays" <[url=javascript:;]heaysr(at)telus.net[/url]>

John,

Regards

Royden

--

heaysr(at)telus.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Air Gauges Reply with quote

Hi John,

It is on the fuselage frame at the seat back station, left side. That’s close to the external filling fitting.  I need to have a rubber neck to read it at that location! It is soft mounted with ties so as not to drill any holes in the frame. It works fine.

My buddy has his mounted under the instrument panel on the left side. Easier to read.

Regards,

Royden

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John B
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:35 AM
To: Yak-List Digest Server <yak-list(at)matronics.com>

Royden-
Where is your pressure gauge located?

john b

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:01 AM, Royden Heays <heaysr(at)telus.net (heaysr(at)telus.net)> wrote:[quote]
Hello John,

I’m no expert on that. My 55M came already fitted. The gauges I mention are NTP thread.

However, a top quality manufacturer of tubes and fittings is Swagelok. They do both metric and imperial. Try Googling them and then find a local distributor.

Regards

Royden

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of John B
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 7:13 PM

To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)

Royden-thank you! This really helps. Who sells new metric tubing and fittings?

[quote]
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Royden Heays" <heaysr(at)telus.net (heaysr(at)telus.net)>

John,

Regards

Royden

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: