Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fraud Alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmhou(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Listers,
I received the following emails from Spencer who allegedly is selling a Housai engine. I believe others also received his email.
I told Spencer I have friend in China who can inspect the engine. He then ask me for a deposit before inspection. He sent me the following pictures of the engine he is selling. These pictures clearly are from different engines. I counted at least 4 different serial numbers.
BTW, he titled his email "Re: looking for an Housai HS-6D 300hp for a Nanchang CJ6 Aircraft."

Robin Hou

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:31 PM, Spencer <pursehook(at)163.com> wrote:

Dear Robin.
Please see the reply as below with red words.
  1. Number of times your engine has been overhauled? one time
  2. What date was the engine last overhauled? 2012
  3. Has the engine been used since the last overhaul? NO
  4. What date was the engine manufactured? 2003
  5. Can you send me a photo? OK, Please see attached pictures
  6. The price is 15000USD/set, if you are interested, we can seel to you.
  7. The goods in Hebei, Till now, many buyers hope to buy
Best Regards

Spencer

At 2016-01-13 23:21:08, "Robin Hou" <rmhou(at)yahoo.com> wrote:
Quote:
Where in China are you located?
What is the price?
Total time and time since major overhaul on this engine?
Do you have logbook?
Thank you,
Robin

Sent using CloudMagic Email
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:34 AM, Spencer <pursehook(at)163.com (pursehook(at)163.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Hello,Sir
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
we can offer the a 9 cylinder radial engine : Housai HS-6D 300hp for a Nanchang CJ6 Aircraft,
Happy New Year!
Best Regards
Spencer
Quote:
Mobile:86-15605896238
Wechat: spencer575315727
E-mail:pursehook(at)163.com (pursehook(at)163.com)

Many other items coming in monthly, please give us a call if you don't see what you need.

Doug Sapp, 18-B Riverview Road
Omak, Washington 98841
Phone 509-826-4610 Fax 509-826-3644
email rvfltd(at)televar.com (rvfltd(at)televar.com)
http://www.cj6.org/list.html
http://forums.matronics.com/viewforum.php?f=6

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

4261661107984802.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.96 KB
 Viewed:  5030 Time(s)

4261661107984802.jpg

302040796897327247.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.01 KB

302040796897327247.jpg

330089928842348817.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.59 KB

330089928842348817.jpg

466787079476502788.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.98 KB

466787079476502788.jpg

586941280908823063.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.17 KB

586941280908823063.jpg

773354008817581141.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.93 KB

773354008817581141.jpg

wlannon(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Hi Robin;

I count only three different serial numbers all of which were of 1969 manufacture, not 2003 as he stated. Chances are not good that any are “first overhaul”.
If you want to continue with him tell him to send you photo copies of the overhaul, test run and installed accessories certificates contained in the log book for each engine. With a translator these will answer your questions. Of course the logs must come with the engine.

Walt

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 7:54 PM
To: Yak-list (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Fraud Alert

Listers,

I received the following emails from Spencer who allegedly is selling a Housai engine. I believe others also received his email.

I told Spencer I have friend in China who can inspect the engine. He then ask me for a deposit before inspection. He sent me the following pictures of the engine he is selling. These pictures clearly are from different engines. I counted at least 4 different serial numbers.

BTW, he titled his email "Re: looking for an Housai HS-6D 300hp for a Nanchang CJ6 Aircraft."

Robin Hou

Dear Robin.
Best Regards

Spencer

Quote:
What is the price?
Do you have logbook?
Thank you,
Robin

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:34 AM, Spencer <pursehook(at)163.com (pursehook(at)163.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Hello,Sir

we can offer the a 9 cylinder radial engine : Housai HS-6D 300hp for a Nanchang CJ6 Aircraft,

Happy New Year!

Best Regards

Spencer
Quote:

Many other items coming in monthly, please give us a call if you don't see what you need.

Omak, Washington 98841

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dougsappllc(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Robin and WalterThis joker "Spencer", who signs off as Brian is a very naive middle man at best, at worst he is a thief.  If he is working you like me, he has most likely sent you a copy of the log, 
in that log look carefully at the serial number (top left of the page).  Then go back to the photo's he sent to "prove" he has the goods and look at that serial number.  
Please don't tell me that you are surprised that they do not match!!
First he wanted 30K, then it was 20K, "last" offer was 17K, when that was also refused he offers to accept my deposit for 10K with a guarantee to refund if the engine is not good.
Good luck to anyone thinking this guy or the engine is for real.  
Doug

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)shaw.ca (wlannon(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Robin;

I count only three different serial numbers all of which were of 1969 manufacture, not 2003 as he stated.   Chances are not good that any are “first overhaul”.
If you want to continue with him tell him to send you photo copies of the overhaul, test run and installed accessories certificates  contained in the log book for each engine.  With a translator these will answer your questions.   Of course the logs must come with the engine.

Walt

Listers,

Robin Hou

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:31 PM, Spencer <pursehook(at)163.com (pursehook(at)163.com)> wrote:

Dear Robin.
  1. Number of times your engine has been overhauled?    one time
  2. What date was the engine last overhauled?  2012
  3. Has the engine been used since the last overhaul?   NO
  4. What date was the engine manufactured?  2003
Best Regards

Spencer

At 2016-01-13 23:21:08, "Robin Hou" <rmhou(at)yahoo.com (rmhou(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
Quote:
What is the price?
Do you have logbook?
Thank you,
Robin

Quote:
Hello,Sir

we can offer the  a 9 cylinder radial engine : Housai HS-6D 300hp for a Nanchang CJ6 Aircraft,

Happy New Year!

Best Regards

Spencer
Quote:

Omak, Washington 98841
Phone [url=tel:509-826-4610]509-826-4610[/url] Fax [url=tel:509-826-3644]509-826-3644[/url]

jblake207(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Just curious... Why do I not receive all emails to the Yak-List? This is a good example, but there are others... I did not receive the first listed below; from Robin Hou, the email that Walt replied to, however I did receive Walt's reply. Any good guess as to why? JB

To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:39:50 AM
Subject: Re: Fraud Alert

Hi Robin;

I count only three different serial numbers all of which were of 1969 manufacture, not 2003 as he stated. Chances are not good that any are “first overhaul”.
If you want to continue with him tell him to send you photo copies of the overhaul, test run and installed accessories certificates contained in the log book for each engine. With a translator these will answer your questions. Of course the logs must come with the engine.

Walt

Listers,

Robin Hou

Dear Robin.
Best Regards

Spencer

Quote:
What is the price?
Do you have logbook?
Thank you,
Robin

Quote:
Hello,Sir

Happy New Year!

Best Regards

Spencer
Quote:

Omak, Washington 98841

Ernie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Yep, I'm having the same problem.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:50 PM, <jblake207(at)comcast.net (jblake207(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
Quote:
Just curious... Why do I not receive all emails to the Yak-List?  This is a good example, but there are others...  I did not receive the first listed below; from Robin Hou, the email that Walt replied to, however I did receive Walt's reply.  Any good guess as to why?  JB

From: "Walter Lannon" <wlannon(at)shaw.ca (wlannon(at)shaw.ca)>
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:39:50 AM

Hi Robin;

I count only three different serial numbers all of which were of 1969 manufacture, not 2003 as he stated.   Chances are not good that any are “first overhaul”.
If you want to continue with him tell him to send you photo copies of the overhaul, test run and installed accessories certificates  contained in the log book for each engine.  With a translator these will answer your questions.   Of course the logs must come with the engine.

Walt

Listers,

Robin Hou

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:31 PM, Spencer <pursehook(at)163.com (pursehook(at)163.com)> wrote:

Dear Robin.
Best Regards

Spencer

At 2016-01-13 23:21:08, "Robin Hou" <rmhou(at)yahoo.com (rmhou(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
Quote:
What is the price?
Do you have logbook?
Thank you,
Robin

Quote:
Hello,Sir

we can offer the  a 9 cylinder radial engine : Housai HS-6D 300hp for a Nanchang CJ6 Aircraft,

Happy New Year!

Best Regards

Spencer
Quote:

Omak, Washington 98841
Phone [url=tel:509-826-4610]509-826-4610[/url] Fax [url=tel:509-826-3644]509-826-3644[/url]

wlannon(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

I have had 2 or 3 emails from this guy but sent straight to junk with no response to him. I agree he is most likely a thief. If I had any interest in his engines the first thing I would want to see is the specific Certification documents (as listed in my response to Robin) from the log book.
If that looked legit the next request would be for specific pages from different sections of the log. The engine log is about 5/8” thick!
If still OK the next request is for a good (and knowledgeable) friend in Hong Kong to check it out.
Next, if looking good, a trip to China (on my Airline pass of course) after which I may part with a small down payment with a signed contract for delivery and payment, in that order.

Walt

Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 11:34 AM

Robin and Walter This joker "Spencer", who signs off as Brian is a very naive middle man at best, at worst he is a thief. If he is working you like me, he has most likely sent you a copy of the log,
in that log look carefully at the serial number (top left of the page). Then go back to the photo's he sent to "prove" he has the goods and look at that serial number.
First he wanted 30K, then it was 20K, "last" offer was 17K, when that was also refused he offers to accept my deposit for 10K with a guarantee to refund if the engine is not good.

Doug

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)shaw.ca (wlannon(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Robin;

Walt

Listers,

Robin Hou

Dear Robin.
Best Regards

Spencer

Quote:
What is the price?
Do you have logbook?
Thank you,
Robin

Quote:
Hello,Sir

Happy New Year!

Best Regards

Spencer
Quote:

Omak, Washington 98841

cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Robin,

I think I saw something similar in my Spam filter. Sounds like a great deal! Now if Spencer can forward the details the account he wants the money transferred to, I'll forward Bit Coin security deposit from my Nigerian bank via my Cayman Island account.....
Craig Payne

dougsappllc(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Walt,Sorry, can't do that because the location is secret,Brian/Spencer tells me.  I tried this approach because I have a vendor near this guy.  I can tell where he is because I have his phone number.  
 You have to give him at least 10K deposit up front then trust him because he and only he can complete the deal.  
"Give me your 10K and wait here, I'll be back real soon, I promise".  ---LATER--
"Oh I'm sorry, the big man at the warehouse took the money but now wants 20K more, I'm very sorry, but what can I do?"  "He is taking a big risk doing this deal".
What can you do??  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because you are guilty of dealing on the black market and you will have big problems when the folks from CATIC (the military office and the ONLY folks who can legally sell military goods) get wind of what is going on.
Hey.....If it looks like a duck.......................sounds like a duck..
Doug

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)shaw.ca (wlannon(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:
Quote:
I have had 2 or 3 emails from this guy but sent straight to junk with no response to him.   I agree he is most likely a thief.  If I had any interest in his engines the first thing I would want to see is the specific Certification documents (as listed in my response to Robin) from the log book.
If that looked legit the next request would be for specific pages from different sections of the log.   The engine log is about 5/8” thick!
If still OK the next request is for a good (and knowledgeable) friend in Hong Kong to check it out.
Next, if looking good, a trip to China (on my Airline pass of course) after which I may part with a small down payment with a signed contract for delivery and payment, in that order.

Walt

Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 11:34 AM

Robin and Walter This joker "Spencer", who signs off as Brian is a very naive middle man at best, at worst he is a thief.  If he is working you like me, he has most likely sent you a copy of the log,
in that log look carefully at the serial number (top left of the page).  Then go back to the photo's he sent to "prove" he has the goods and look at that serial number. 

Doug

Quote:
Hi Robin;

Walt

Listers,

Robin Hou

Dear Robin.
Best Regards

Spencer

Quote:
What is the price?
Do you have logbook?
Thank you,
Robin

Quote:
Hello,Sir

Happy New Year!

Best Regards

Spencer
Quote:

Omak, Washington 98841

rmhou(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Fraud Alert Reply with quote

Yes, and I am sure Spencer will give you the most favorable Bit Coin to RMB exchange rate Wink

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 3:44 AM, Cpayne <cpayne(at)joimail.com> wrote:

--> Yak-List message posted by: Cpayne <cpayne(at)joimail.com (cpayne(at)joimail.com)>

Robin,

I think I saw something similar in my Spam filter. Sounds like a great deal! Now if Spencer can forward the details the account he wants the money transferred to, I'll forward Bit Coin security deposit from my Nigerian bank via my Cayman Island account.....
Crai-= --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigsp; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
= --> http://========================

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: