Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pins and wire and tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lm4(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: pins and wire and tools Reply with quote

Bob,
It seems as if I keep hitting a brick wall at every step I try.
I met a complete stranger the other day and showed him the "Winchester connector"
and he asked "Is that an amp ?". He then len't me his removal tool,the black one with the plunger,
and I came home and removed all of the pins and sockets I had been given. Turns out they were
all machine crimped so it's unlikly that I will be able to get them apart so as to reuse them.
That leaves me in need of 60 pins and 40 sockets . I don't know what size these are.
And 1500 ft. of 22 Ga. stranded wire. And a crimping tool. I have a Thomas & Betts WT100M sta-kon tool.
That might work but I'm not sure. Do you sell any of these things ?
Larry
Thanks Bob,
If I can find the connectors I will certainly take you up on that offer.
Larry
On Mar 11, 2016, at 11:31 AM, Robert L. Nuckolls, III wrote:
Bob,
There are a few things I could do but, wow, what a headache.
The link trainer has two female plug sockets mounted within a plate on the side of the machine.
To start changing connectors I would have to make a new mounting plate and desolder 40 22 ga. wires
then solder them back into the new connectors. I would have to do the same to the 20 wires that are part
of the flight recorder.
Yes, these are pretty old connectors. They were used on the trainer when they were built in 72.
Larry
I wouldn't use solder connectors for so many
wires. I've probably got what you need in
crimped housings and pins to do the job.
Got a tool I could loan you too.

Bob . . .

www.netzero.net

www.netzero.net

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
ronr(at)advanceddesign.co

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: pins and wire and tools Reply with quote

Larry, Bob

I use Winchester connectors at my work. If you post a couple of pictures. I may have what you are looking for. The part # I have is 1020p and 1020s.

Link to picture of the pin:
http://ecommerce.cdmelectronics.com/winchester-electronics/100-1020P

Regards

Ron Raby

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Larry Mac Donald
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 1:53 PM
To: AeroElectric-list
Subject: pins and wire and tools

Bob,

It seems as if I keep hitting a brick wall at every step I try.

I met a complete stranger the other day and showed him the "Winchester connector"

and he asked "Is that an amp ?". He then len't me his removal tool,the black one with the plunger,

and I came home and removed all of the pins and sockets I had been given. Turns out they were

all machine crimped so it's unlikly that I will be able to get them apart so as to reuse them.

That leaves me in need of 60 pins and 40 sockets . I don't know what size these are.

And 1500 ft. of 22 Ga. stranded wire. And a crimping tool. I have a Thomas & Betts WT100M sta-kon tool.

That might work but I'm not sure. Do you sell any of these things ?

Larry

Thanks Bob,

If I can find the connectors I will certainly take you up on that offer.

Larry

On Mar 11, 2016, at 11:31 AM, Robert L. Nuckolls, III wrote:

Bob,

There are a few things I could do but, wow, what a headache.

The link trainer has two female plug sockets mounted within a plate on the side of the machine.

To start changing connectors I would have to make a new mounting plate and desolder 40 22 ga. wires

then solder them back into the new connectors. I would have to do the same to the 20 wires that are part

of the flight recorder.

Yes, these are pretty old connectors. They were used on the trainer when they were built in 72.

Larry

I wouldn't use solder connectors for so many

wires. I've probably got what you need in

crimped housings and pins to do the job.

Got a tool I could loan you too.

Bob . . .

www.netzero.net

Affordable Wireless Plans

Set up is easy. Get online in minutes.

Starting at only $9.95 per month!

www.netzero.net

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lm4(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: pins and wire and tools Reply with quote

On Apr 4, 2016, at 2:15 PM, Ron Raby wrote:
Ron,
My pins have barbs on them in order to keep them locked into the plug.
Larry
Quote:
Larry, Bob

I use Winchester connectors at my work. If you post a couple of pictures. I may have what you are looking for. The part # I have is 1020p and 1020s.

Link to picture of the pin:
http://ecommerce.cdmelectronics.com/winchester-electronics/100-1020P

Regards

Ron Raby

[img]cid:38FDFB2C-D350-44E4-8A08-16948C8E089F(at)rochester.rr.com[/img]

100_0329.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.11 KB
 Viewed:  1448 Time(s)

100_0329.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: